Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm. Looked like Tito was on his way to total domination (again), but it was stopped a little to soon I think. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I just saw a different version of the fight, and this one has the replay. It's clear by this version that the stoppage was justified. 5 unanswered elbows to Ken's face, and Ken was doing nothing at all to defend himself. Where was Ken's defense?

Ken can only blame himself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ielwMhwrBOw

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think that Ken showed as much 'heart' as he did the first fight. I really wish he had showed more heart so the beatdown on himself could be extended, Would of been way more exciting. their fight was to fast lol. Ken retire now lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd like to know if Sham(e)rock had any comments after the fight? He didn't exactly take the respect like he said he would.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't even think an armbar would've saved him. We'll see what happens when they fight again, i doubt Ken is gonna just let that beating go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Armbar

How could he put an armbar on him when he was out on his back, eating elbows. I think Shamrock's time has passed. We need another great rivalry.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I just finally got to see it.. I think the ref was an idiot I saw ken attempting to get his hands up he was just not in a good position to do so. though in the ref behalf he has a split second to make that decision nothte benifit of instant replay so I give him credit I think ken was stunned by the first one but that last barely a half second which is what allowed titio to get the other shots in but it looked to me ken was trying to get his hand up just as Isaid before bad position Tito was already on the inside..

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Ken got his a$$ Whoooped. Big slam and elbows. Tito is the next champ

·
Registered
85 Posts
it was a good call by herb. people are making excuses cause they wanted it to last longer and see ken get his but whooped more

·
Registered
612 Posts
after watching it again i still dont think it was a good decision.

why does'nt any comapare this fight to the nights first fight joe stevensen vs yves edwards, joe rocked him was bleeding all over the place for 2 rounds and it didint get stopped till round ended and the dovtor checked the cut, for the second time might i add.

Tito gives ken 5 elbows he is barly scratched they called him "the worlds most dangerous man" yet herb (and he is a big friggin herb) thinks 5 elbows is to much for him, come on, if you hate ken fine but you have all seen WAY more brutal fights continue on.

·
Administrator
2,161 Posts
Steve-d said:
ok actually someone did bring up the yves thing, sorry to bring up old news, i just think ken deserves more respect then he gets,
He was respected, stoppage before he met death :D

Good call. Shamrock should hang em up, i just don’t want to see him tarnish his reputation any further. :)

For me, i wont remember him for his losses, or wins. I feel ill always remember him as one of the first fighters to build up the UFC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts