Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else thought he did a hell of a job last night? I say fire Goldi and have Kenflo and Rogan. That would seriously change the sport for so much better.

Everytime I seee Goldi pre fight I wanna punch the stupid look off of his face. Surely I'm not the only one.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
It is funny you make this post when right at this moment he is doing a terrible biased job commentating.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Neither Florian or Rogan could do Goldberg's job.

Florian is a good commentator but he hasn;t quite got the post fight interview technique down. Seems kinda awkward.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
I personally dont like Ken Flo's commentating. I cant quite put my finger on it, but its like he tries way too hard to be professional, whereas Goldie and Rogan have a nice mix of professionalism and having fun.

Ken Flo would sit well with Frank Shamrock and that incredibly annoying Canadian guy on Strikeforce.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Kenflo talks way too much, i cudnt even hear wat they were saying in the corners sometimes.

Reactions: Kado

·
Registered
750 Posts
Woah, you got to see what happened inbetween rounds? All i got was ads ads ads!
yeah they did show a few corners which were bombarded useless by Kenny's voice over lol

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Who else thought he did a hell of a job last night? I saw fire Goldi and have Kenflo and Rogan. That would seriously change the sport for so much better.

Everytime I seee Goldi pre fight I wanna punch the stupid look off of his face. Surely I'm not the only one.
i want to punch him too. i think the 'expert' commentator should always be a fighter, they give good technical insight.

although i think kenny needs to work on his post fight interviews.

the guy that does (i think) the M-1 (or he used to neway) would be a great anchor. cant remember his name right now. then you should have randy or whoever next to him. would make it seem more like a sport and less like wwe etc

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with the post fight. But we can leave Rogan to handle those. Have Rogan and Florian but get rid of Goldi. It seems like Goldie is just trying too hard all the time. He talks out of his ass half the time just to hear his own voice (which sounds so increadibly fake and cheesy imo)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I like Florian as a commentator, hes surprisingly better than i expected. Hes intelligent, professional, normal sounding (as opposed to goldy's cheesy way of talking), and most importantly has the perspective of a professional fighter.
I say get rid of Goldberg and put Florian in!

·
Banned
525 Posts
Personally, I like Kenflo's fight commentary. He adds a brand new dimension of insight. Just like Mir over in the WEC announcer booth. But Kenflo just seems better than Mir, IMO. The post fight interviews were a bit awkward. He could definitely use some work on his people skills. But his fight commentary was great.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Kenny does a better job on inside MMA and those types of shows. Leave him away from live action and he's fine. They need to bring Couture back to the mic - he's great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think as the first round of main stream, well-known fighters retire, you will see them start to contribute more as the face of the UFC to the press--similar to how many former NFL players, or NHL players are the best commentators for their respective sports.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like Goldberg, but I would like to see Rogan and an MMA fighter do one show. With Rogan still doing the interviews.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Florian is rubbish. Fake smiling cheesy smug rubbish. I would take Goldie 100 times out of 100. I actually can stomach MMA Live when Florian is on there.

Why cant he just be himself instead of the glossy, "Hi, Im Kenny Florian and welcome to Cheeseville"

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Florian is rubbish. Fake smiling cheesy smug rubbish. I would take Goldie 100 times out of 100. I actually can stomach MMA Live when Florian is on there.

Why cant he just be himself instead of the glossy, "Hi, Im Kenny Florian and welcome to Cheeseville"
I think for the first time since 8th grade it's actually opposite day!

Look at his face and head movement in the next one. He does this every time he's on camera. I just wanna slap the stupid off his face.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts