Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears Shinya Aoki isn’t the only high-profile Japanese mixed martial artist Strikeforce is bringing stateside this year. According to MMA Fighting, Kid Yamamoto will be crossing the Pacific in May to fight on Strikeforce’s “Heavy Artillery” card.

Japanese star Kid Yamamoto is expected to make his Strikeforce debut on May 15 against Federico Lopez. The fight is not officially signed, but sources say it is close. The fight would be contested at 135 pounds. As of right now, the fight isn’t expected to air on Showtime.

Of course, this would be a much bigger deal if Kid Yamamoto’s stock hadn’t fallen off a cliff last year (remember when Yamamoto vs. Faber was the little guy’s version of Fedor vs. Lesnar?), but who knows, maybe KID will be able to reclaim some of his lost glory here in the US.

MMA Fighting also got the inside scoop on how Strikeforce’s summer cards are shaping up.

Strikeforce St. Louis “Heavy Artillery” (May 15, Showtime)

HW Championship: Alistair Overeem vs. Brett Rogers (official)
Andrei Arlovski vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva (official)
Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Joey Villasenor (tentative)
Antwain Britt vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (tentative)
Vitor “Shaolin” Ribeiro vs. Lyle Beerbohm or Mitsuhiro Ishida (tentative)
Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman (tentative)
Kid Yamamoto vs. Federico Lopez (tentative)
Source...http://www.mmaconvert.com/2010/04/1...in-may-gegard-mousasi-re-signs-for-two-years/

·
Banned
439 Posts
Wow, I hope it gets finalized and televised. I think Kid would do good stateside since he has excellent wrestling. Would still love to see Kid vs. the Cali Kit.

A bit OT but how in the hell could Grim fight Overeem for the belt when he got KTFO by Faydhur?

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
He is pretty much done so it doesn't really matter to me.

A bit OT but how in the hell could Grim fight Overeem for the belt when he got KTFO by Faydhur?
juicerreem says it is because Fedor is ducking him.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First off Rival I love watching your AV.

Strikeforce continues to impress with the signings.

lol, has to be one of the strangest occourances in a boxing match I've ever seen...

Coker is signing the best outside of the UFC... that is for sure.

He is pretty much done so it doesn't really matter to .
I doubt it.. Kid has some serious juice left in him and can still establish himself as the best in the world in his respective weight class.

He's that tough and talented.

·
6,517 Posts
I doubt it.. Kid has some serious juice left in him and can still establish himself as the best in the world in his respective weight class.

He's that tough and talented.
He is 0-3 since returning and has been KOed and outwrestled. These were supposed to be tune up fights mind you. He basically looks like crap now.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is 0-3 since returning and has been KOed and outwrestled. These were supposed to be tune up fights mind you. He basically looks like crap now.
Thought he was 0-2 since returning.... I may be wrong though....

He was an absolute menace before hand.... unstoppable..

You don't lose that kind of skill overnight.... I can see him making a run again...

Miguel has lost two in a row as well and I wouldn't count him out of any fight at 135.

Not for a moment.

·
6,517 Posts
Thought he was 0-2 since returning.... I may be wrong though....

He was an absolute menace before hand.... unstoppable..

You don't lose that kind of skill overnight.... I can see him making a run again...

Miguel has lost two in a row as well and I wouldn't count him out of any fight at 135.

Not for a moment.
He got KOed in K1. It isn't overnight he had a serious knee injury and was out for a year. Torres beat up weak guys and had trouble with basically anyone good he fought and his problem is eating strikes because he opens himself up too much. Kid just looks slower now and less durable and he is getting old.

·
Registered
603 Posts
First off Rival I love watching your AV.

Strikeforce continues to impress with the signings.
They definitely do, not only that the fightcards they've put on so far have been top draw, and they are putting on the fights everyone is asking for, if they had G.S.P and SILVA it would have already been done imo.
Not only this, they've done well with the CBS thing, and will definitely become a serious threat to UFC in next year or two, which will be good as fighters will be getting paid better on a wider scale from prelim fights up so good for the sport in general in my opinion.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He got KOed in K1. It isn't overnight he had a serious knee injury and was out for a year. Torres beat up weak guys and had trouble with basically anyone good he fought and his problem is eating strikes because he opens himself up too much. Kid just looks slower now and less durable and he is getting old.
You don't count K1 with MMA you know that...

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.