Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if Kimbo will end up like Jesse Taylor and Junie Browning after UFC makes there money on them they fight once and get tossed.It seems they make great rating for tuff but when the show ends so do they.What do you think will happen to Kimbo will he be in dream or strike force in 6 or 7 months.I hope they pay Kimbo well for his fights in the UFC he sure has brought alot of viewers.:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Both Junie an Jesse got into trouble with the law, its not like the UFC didnt give them a chance. They burried themseleves by not being great fighters and having legal issues out side the cage.

Kimbo, in my opinion doesnt deserve a fight in the cage, but we all know he will get one or two. If he proves to be as bad as he has been in the past he should be let go.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
taylor lost again the other night( looked better but got caught). browning doesn't have the heart to go with the skill. slice has heart,some skill,and wants to learn

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my opinion, Kimbo is all hype. Sure he is a big man, but he said it himself, he's not an Mix Martial Artist, he's a fighter. He's not skilled enough to make it in the UFC.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
In my opinion, Kimbo is all hype. Sure he is a big man, but he said it himself, he's not an Mix Martial Artist, he's a fighter. He's not skilled enough to make it in the UFC.
Yeah, I kind of agree. How old is he now? Not trying to be mean or anything, but the guy needs solid BJJ training and I think it'll take some time for him to grasp it. He gets taken down and he loses, simple as that. I like the guy, but pretty sure he'll wind up getting cut after a couple of losses.

·
Banned
525 Posts
Bottomline, Kimbo doesn't belong in MMA, at least not against anybody good. Find him washed up boxers and old school UFC dropouts and he will win. But you put him up against anybody that has any knowledge in wrestling or Jiu Jitsu and he becomes a big, black grappling dummy. He is too old and not talented. Honestly, I'd love to see him get in the cage against a good submission guy, cuz I'd laugh my balls off watching him get the life choked out of him or having his arm snapped off at the elbow. He's a joke, after the TUF Finale, he'll be back at McDonalds flipping burgers and beating up fat hobos in the parking lot on his break.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If Kimbo Slice was a boxer, everyone would love him I think.
He's more the build of a boxer and I think his heavy hands would help him out in that game.
I think he's a humble guy and that surprised me. MMA fighter though, I'm still not sure.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Jesse Taylor and Junie Browning didnt have anywhere near the drawing power that Kimbo does. Kimbo is far more valuable to the UFC then Browning or Taylor ever would have been. That is the big difference I think.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If Kimbo Slice was a boxer, everyone would love him I think.
He's more the build of a boxer and I think his heavy hands would help him out in that game.
I think he's a humble guy and that surprised me. MMA fighter though, I'm still not sure.
if you think Kimbo, or any UFC fighter would last in a fight with some of the worlds best boxers your out of your mind. Even MMA fighters who are strikers and have great hands will not be able to match the hand speed, accuracy, and power of any boxer, just like a boxer cannot handle the clinch, wrestling, and ground game of an mma fighter...so therefore kimbo will not be able to make it into boxing, because even though his hands are his best weapon, there only useful in mma, not in the sweet science

·
Banned
525 Posts
if you think Kimbo, or any UFC fighter would last in a fight with some of the worlds best boxers your out of your mind. Even MMA fighters who are strikers and have great hands will not be able to match the hand speed, accuracy, and power of any boxer, just like a boxer cannot handle the clinch, wrestling, and ground game of an mma fighter...so therefore kimbo will not be able to make it into boxing, because even though his hands are his best weapon, there only useful in mma, not in the sweet science
Boxing is for Mixed Martial Artists who are too lazy to train in other fighting styles. Marcus Davis, Alessio Sakara, Anderson Silva and several other fighters have professional boxing experience. So saying that a UFC fighter wouldn't last with a boxer is just about as dumb as calling Kimbo a good fighter.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Boxing is for Mixed Martial Artists who are too lazy to train in other fighting styles. Marcus Davis, Alessio Sakara, Anderson Silva and several other fighters have professional boxing experience. So saying that a UFC fighter wouldn't last with a boxer is just about as dumb as calling Kimbo a good fighter.
They are all whack boxers bro. That's why they are in MMA.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
:thumbsup:
yep yep

·
Registered
148 Posts
If Kimbo puts on entertaining fights then no matter what he should stay win or lose until the UFC milks everything out of him. Look at Wanderlei Silva.. he's my favorite fighter but he's only won 1 fight in the UFC but he's still fighting and main eventing because he's entertaining to watch.

·
Banned
525 Posts
This guy seems to have an issue with african americans. He has bashed kimbo and other african americans in quite a few threads
Not racist at all, but nice try there buddy. I bash Kimbo, not because he's black, but because he is a joke and not worthy of being in the UFC. You sir are clearly a very smart man, woman, both, whatever, so next time you have a thought about me, just let it go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts