• Rafael "Feijão" Cavalcante

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Strikeforce Sucks

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
ill go with mo here, relentless takedowns against a striker that has won all his fights by ko or tko. Mo needs to work on his top control and cardio but other than that he just needs to learn how to avoid damage when hes in top position.dont think he will be able to stop mos takedowns and Mo has a good chin-should be interesting if it happens.

on a side note whats with the third option?kind of counterproductive in a tread in a section about strikeforce .

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
I'd take Feijao in this fight. His clinching and dirty boxing are excellent. He doesn't mind being on the ground either. He isn't very easy to muscle around like some thought would happen in the Britt fight.

He comes from a sick training camp at Blackhouse with excellent strikers, BJJ guys and wrestlers... If Mo trades I think he's gonna get caught. If he gasses like he did against Gegard he's gonna be in trouble. Grappling is going to be interesting since he has the edge there. But I'm not sure he's going to be able to keep Feijao down. Fejaio rolls with the Noguieras, JDS, and Mark Munoz...

I think Feijao can keep this fight standing. And I think he can stop Mo.

I voted for Feijao.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Would like to see Feijao fight Babalu for a true number one contender spot, imo. But, I understand SF's LHW division is small and doesn't need that.

With that said, I'd go with Mo via UD. Basically like the Mousasi fight, multiple takedowns but without him getting beat up while in top position. But, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Feijao get back up and maybe outpoint him, or KO/TKO.

I'm a fan of both fighters, though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
no one needs to go all "there's k-1" on me here, but i wasn't that entertained by mo's title winning fight. I think some stand up fights can get boring too, but if i remember correctly he had him where he wanted him the whole fight but couldn't finish. I'll also admit i'm not too familiar with mo's other fights. I voted for feijao, i'm a fan of his, but i'll be content with an exciting fight.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
I'm going with King Mo here, although it wasn't the best fight, he still stopped Mousasi and showed true determination, since he was gassed pretty early in the fight. Hope that his stand-up improves greatly from working with such an MMA legend James Toney.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.