Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isnt related to the UFC but I dont know where to post it and since there are a few educated people here relating this, I figured I would try.

I was in a car accident 8+ months ago where a car hit my drivers door, I think that is where my knee might have got injured but since I wasnt really doing much since then in terms of workouts, I didnt really feel it.

I started doing workouts again and im starting to feel constant pain in it. I am 20 years old just incase you had to know, thanks for any help.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Lounge or training/nutrition would have been my choice.

This is something you really should consult your doctor about. Don't wait and especially be careful exercising until then.

Reactions: Spec0688

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
Here's a nice article on knee rehab exercises:

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/physicaltherapy/p/kneerehab.htm

You can click on the links in the article to get the details. They might help you fix or reduce the problem over a few months, though surgery might be needed if it's severe. At your age though, the body has a tremendous ability to repair itself if treated well.

You should consult your doctor too of course, but I generally try to balance the "here get 20 surgeries done and get addicted to this pain killer for life" kinda advice that some docs hand out, with taking concrete lifestyle steps like keeping low strain on the injured part and doing rehab exercises. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

And yeah some mod should probly move this.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I was in a serious snowmachine accident 2 years ago, my right leg-- including my knee-- was [email protected] Its working better now than I ever expected but I will be getting a knee replacement before I'm done.

I'd recommend that you go in and get it checked out by a GOOD ortho doctor. The sad fact is, when you mess up a knee it often gives you trouble the rest of your life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts