Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Although I really don't put much faith in fightmetrics I really feel that Jung won that fight. I watched it twice and I am convinced the judges were smoking crack while the fight was going on. Garcia fought one hell of a fight, but in no way did he win that fight.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The problem was and is , is that in most fights the judges put too much stock in the last round. Short term memory or something like that cause the Zombie floored garcia in the first 2 rounds but Garcia landed alot more punches and looked to be the less tired of the 2 of the fight in the last round. I wasnt surprised at the decision though, in fact I expected it. Was really happy that the crowd saw it the same way I did. The Zombies stock is only gonna go up after that fight.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
People put too much stock in fightmetric.

Its a cool little site and all, but its hardly the end all be all decision maker.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No it's not the be all end all but it's an insanely useful tool to compliment the judging. In cases like this, where it looked like Jung absolutely won the fight but didn't get the decision, you can look back to fightmetric to confirm your thoughts. Jung got robbed and Garcia's disgusting lack of technique constantly sways the subjective analysis because it looks powerful and impressive.

I mean seriously, this guy has a history of winning horrible decisions. Look at his past 5 fights and tell me he didn't lose all of them. Just ridiculous

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Jung did not get robbed I have watched this fight has to be 10 times today and I am completely mind boggled how people think Jung won. Garcia landed more shots in the last two rounds and every one was a damn near a big hay maker., Jung threw punches at air more than he did Garcia by a long shot. I feel like I am getting punked with everyone saying Jung won I have tried to watch it and tried to see things from the other side but nothing. I cannot see it.

Reactions: Bknmax

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Oh I see quite fine. I think people need to actually watch there hands and see them hit, the second time I watched it I watched extremely carefully and was amazed how much Jung missed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is exactly why fightmetric is so useful. Rather than doing the redudant "This guy hit way more!" "No, the other guy did!" subjective arguments, all you gotta do is look at fightmetric and see what the numbers say. The answer is Jung was more accurate.

If you're gonna counter with "then fightmetric is wrong and inaccurate", I'll have to roll my eyes lol. Unless you also watched the entire fight at half speed, tallied every single attack, and measured the power of each strike with the incredible level of meticulous detail and focus they do, I'm gonna have to take fightmetric's "word" over yours.

People really don't grasp how insanely careful the guys over there are at making sure each every strike is accurately counted.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
This is exactly why fightmetric is so useful. Rather than doing the redudant "This guy hit way more!" "No, the other guy did!" subjective arguments, all you gotta do is look at fightmetric and see what the numbers say. The answer is Jung was more accurate.

If you're gonna counter with "then fightmetric is wrong and inaccurate", I'll have to roll my eyes lol. Unless you also watched the entire fight at half speed, tallied every single attack, and measured the power of each strike with the incredible level of meticulous detail and focus they do, I'm gonna have to take fightmetric's "word" over yours.

People really don't grasp how insanely careful the guys over there are at making sure each every strike is accurately counted.
They obviously are not that meticulous because if they were and compustrike were they would always have the exact same numbers but the truth is there numbers are often quite different for the same fight. Its all subjective and if you actually go through and tally every strike for a couple fights you would realize they are far from being the be all end all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They obviously are not that meticulous because if they were and compustrike were they would always have the exact same numbers
Compustrike and Fightmetric are different. Compustrike is just a number counter where as Fightmetric uses algorithms to make sense of the numbers (which are more than just number of strikes or takedowns btw) into something more conclusive than Compustrike. Fightmetric give each fighter a score of efficiency.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I can disprove fightermetric easily, I just downloaded the 3rd round and watched it at half speed actually only the first 2 minutes because according to fightermetric Garcia only lands 18 strikes to the head in the 3rd round and 2 minutes in I had counted 18. I don't think anyone will argue that Garcia didn't land anything the last 3 minutes.

Compustrike and Fightmetric are different. Compustrike is just a number counter where as Fightmetric uses algorithms to make sense of the numbers (which are more than just number of strikes or takedowns btw) into something more conclusive than Compustrike. Fightmetric give each fighter a score of efficiency.
They both give the number of strikes landed and those should (if they were 100% accurate) be the same. The fact they are sometimes quite different can only lead to questions about there credibility.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
So say a guy is dominating his opponent with kicks and punches; I mean whooping his azz... and meanwhile, this victimized opponent has landed like one punch... according to fightmetric, you'd think the guy who's landed a ton of shots is the winner right?

Now go watch Melvin Manhoef vs Robbie Lawler.

Yeah, he ko'd him, so it's not a decision...

But my point is, it's not always as cut and dry as fightmetric seems to make it. A guy could land a 1000 pitter patter punches, and his opponent could land 10 serious shots. It doesn't really take into account the severity of the shots landed -- and no, just calling some "power" hits doesn't cut it for me.

I'm all for objective tools to aid in fight analysis, but there's some improvements that need to be made.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
And Compustrike is up for those that care they have Chung easily taking the first, Chung landing slightly more punches in the second (but with Garcia getting the knockdown he would still take the round) and Garcia landing more in the 3rd. Now funny thing is I have heard them and FighterMetric defended but this is the problem how can Compustrike call it one of the closest fights they have done while FighterMetric has Chung running away with it?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I thought JUNG got robbed as well. I thought it was a horrible decision. Watching the fight I truly believe that Jung for the majority of the fight was dominating Garcia.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
15 mins of grazing haymakers and straight up brawling. There weren't that many clean shots.. on the first watch I thought Jung was robbed. On the second watch its really not that clear cut.

split decision seems about right to me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.