·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i actually havan't seen the full fight but looks fun minus technique

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
I have actually never seen nor heard the crowd get more pumped or nosy for an under-card fight.

Was insane!

·
Banned
439 Posts
That's a nice highlight reel but it's missing 12min 50sec of the other highlights! :praise01:

·
Dr. Krav...nose, throat, and groin.
530 Posts
Technique? Technique? Why bother with heart like that?

I was a little surprised at the decision, but watched again, and now I'm not so sure. I am defintiely not upset by it. Talk of fight of the year/decade might be overblown a tad, but it was amazing to watch.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
How Garcia won that i have no idea,this fight deserves an immediate rematch more then Shogun vs Machida :)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Just re-watched this for a 4th time (was on Spike)

No way zombie lost.

Wish I didn't rewatch it, TBH, cuz now I'm just pissed off all over again. lol

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I don't understand what was so great about this fight. (I swear I'm not trolling, I swear to God!)

It was undoubteably an absolute brawl for it all. That I agree with. However it was on Spike's Greatest Fights of 2010, and 2010 is only 5 months old, and frankly, I wouldn't dare show that fight to anyone with any Martial Arts experience. And a "dude they're goin' so hard bro!" kind of guy isn't someone I'd accociate with. Frankly, calling that uncoordinated, wild brawl "fight of the decade" is an embarassment to the sport.

Maybe I just have shitty taste, or maybe I'm just a stuffy stickler for technique, but while those two are capable of it, they showed little if any technique and looked like 9 year olds in there.

If I offended anyone, I appologize, I just think there have been many more, much less proported fights, with a much more realistic claim to "fight of the decade."

I don't understand what was so great about this fight. (I swear I'm not trolling, I swear to God!)

It was undoubteably an absolute brawl for it all. That I agree with. However it was on Spike's Greatest Fights of 2010, and 2010 is only 5 months old, and frankly, I wouldn't dare show that fight to anyone with any Martial Arts experience. And a "dude they're goin' so hard bro!" kind of guy isn't someone I'd accociate with. Frankly, calling that uncoordinated, wild brawl "fight of the decade" is an embarassment to the sport.

Maybe I just have shitty taste, or maybe I'm just a stuffy stickler for technique, but while those two are capable of it, they showed little if any technique and looked like 9 year olds in there.

If I offended anyone, I appologize, I just think there have been many more, much less proported fights, with a much more realistic claim to "fight of the decade."
What jackass negged me and didn't leave his name for expressing my opinion on the fight AND apologizing if I offended anyone with it?

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, was the fight Technical? Not at all, was it exciting? It sure was.

It looked like anyone could drop at any time, it had a fast pace some flashy moves and even some quick ground exchanges, fight was pretty awesome to watch.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
What jackass negged me and didn't leave his name for expressing my opinion on the fight AND apologizing if I offended anyone with it?
That's lame. I'm sending you some green.

Some clown neg'd me in the Machida vs Shogun thread because I suggested that I thought there was value in betting on Shogun at his underdog odds... Hope that clown bet on Machida.

But staying on topic -- I can see your point. This fight wasn't exactly the pinnacle of mma technical skill.

It was however, a fun brawl to witness.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
That's lame. I'm sending you some green.

Some clown neg'd me in the Machida vs Shogun thread because I suggested that I thought there was value in betting on Shogun at his underdog odds... Hope that clown bet on Machida.

But staying on topic -- I can see your point. This fight wasn't exactly the pinnacle of mma technical skill.

It was however, a fun brawl to witness.
I´ve received a neg rep for suporting my fav fighter in the same thread. There are really some tools around...

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I´ve received a neg rep for suporting my fav fighter in the same thread. There are really some tools around...
The neverending trollisms. Sucks sometims, don't it!

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts

Hey dears,

That I agree with. However it was on Spike's Greatest Fights of 2010, and 2010 is only 5 months old, and frankly, I wouldn't dare show that fight to anyone with any Martial Arts experience.

All About WorldCup
Is there an echo in here?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Within seconds of the first round, I literally started cracking up laughing. And I couldn't stop laughing! Laughing with joy! It was the greatest fight I had ever seen, period. Still is!

I mean, I'd seen Leonard Hearns, Leonard Hearns II, Leonard Hagler, Leonard Duran, a bunch of Tyson fights, and so on, but this was the craziest ever. It's the funnest fight to watch I've ever seen.

It would be a crime if Zombie and Garcia didn't get it on again. A crime I say! Even bigger than the first decision. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts