Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first heard about Koscheck's allegations about GSP, my first thought was, 'how long is it gonna take Dana to make him take back every word?' And obviously, it wasn't long.

One thing we know about the UFC. They do test for PEDs, and they will throw out champions. Josh Barnett won the UFC heavyweight title twice. And both times was stripped of the title when he tested positive for PEDs.

And when of the UFC's poster boys, Stephen Bonnar, was suspended for a year.

Doesn't mean GSP is clean, but it does mean the UFC is legitemately testing. Koscheck, who is a fool, didn't seem to grasp that in accusing GSP of using PEDs, he was sliming the entore UFC. I'm sure Dana explained that to him in detail. Hence Koscheck's 'apology', which I'm sure the PR department at the UFC wrote for him.

"Media stories on comments I made about rumors of GSP are in no way factual. I'm known for polarizing comments, and I got caught up in hyping TUF and our fight. I was wrong, and apologize to GSP for trying to invalidate his hard work and talent."

I'm sure it was that, or lose his contract.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
When I first heard about Koscheck's allegations about GSP, my first thought was, 'how long is it gonna take Dana to make him take back every word?' And obviously, it wasn't long.

One thing we know about the UFC. They do test for PEDs, and they will throw out champions. Josh Barnett won the UFC heavyweight title twice. And both times was stripped of the title when he tested positive for PEDs.

And when of the UFC's poster boys, Stephen Bonnar, was suspended for a year.

Doesn't mean GSP is clean, but it does mean the UFC is legitemately testing. Koscheck, who is a fool, didn't seem to grasp that in accusing GSP of using PEDs, he was sliming the entore UFC. I'm sure Dana explained that to him in detail. Hence Koscheck's 'apology', which I'm sure the PR department at the UFC wrote for him.

"Media stories on comments I made about rumors of GSP are in no way factual. I'm known for polarizing comments, and I got caught up in hyping TUF and our fight. I was wrong, and apologize to GSP for trying to invalidate his hard work and talent."

I'm sure it was that, or lose his contract.
Nonetheless, Matt Hughes and BJ Penn concur on the original statement.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
I would like to think that Dana put a stop to this purely because it's a rotten accusation to make, regardless of whether or not it 'damages' the organization. It damages GSP and everything he works/stands for. I would like to therefore believe that if Dana intervened, he did so to protect GSP, and not solely himself/his company. Comments like those Josh were making are borderline slanderous, especially when the results could have negative implications on St. Pierre's career. You want to hype a fight? You talk about GSP's 'suspect chin'... or his 'lack of heart'... or his 'not being a fighter'... the same old b.s. that everyone else stirs up. You don't create allegations about steroids, an issue that could be detrimental to both the fighter and the sport.

There's generating buzz, and then there's being an idiot. Josh knew exactly what the implications or consequences could be, yet he went there regardless. I do my best to like him as a fighter, but as a human being, he's a clown, and I cannot wait until GSP mops the Octagon floor with him a second time. GSP has the look and drive of someone who trains endlessly so that he might stay atop the mountain. Not a juice monkey. To even insinuate foul play goes beyond merely hyping a fight. It's a can of worms that even a pea-brain like Josh Koscheck should know better than to open. As for Hughes and Penn concurring with him... hey, if I trained my arse off, only to still catch a severe beat-down, I'd be tempted to come up with excuses as well. Sadly, it's human nature. If you're the weak-minded, testicle lacking kind of human, that is.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would like to think that Dana put a stop to this purely because it's a rotten accusation to make, regardless of whether or not it 'damages' the organization. It damages GSP and everything he works/stands for. I would like to therefore believe that if Dana intervened, he did so to protect GSP, and not solely himself/his company. Comments like those Josh were making are borderline slanderous, especially when the results could have negative implications on St. Pierre's career. You want to hype a fight? You talk about GSP's 'suspect chin'... or his 'lack of heart'... or his 'not being a fighter'... the same old b.s. that everyone else stirs up. You don't create allegations about steroids, an issue that could be detrimental to both the fighter and the sport.

There's generating buzz, and then there's being an idiot. Josh knew exactly what the implications or consequences could be, yet he went there regardless. I do my best to like him as a fighter, but as a human being, he's a clown, and I cannot wait until GSP mops the Octagon floor with him a second time. GSP has the look and drive of someone who trains endlessly so that he might stay atop the mountain. Not a juice monkey. To even insinuate foul play goes beyond merely hyping a fight. It's a can of worms that even a pea-brain like Josh Koscheck should know better than to open. As for Hughes and Penn concurring with him... hey, if I trained my arse off, only to still catch a severe beat-down, I'd be tempted to come up with excuses as well. Sadly, it's human nature. If you're the weak-minded, testicle lacking kind of human, that is.
Your totally right on there. Hughes, Penn, and Koscheck are all sore losers and nothing more. They should keep their thoughts to themselves because the truth will unfold sooner or later. Defamation of character is not something I would want to be associated with, it makes you look like as teenage bitch.
Josh is next in line for a two time beating from GSP and I can't wait, I hope he hurts him bad!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You seem awful sure of a lot of things. In reality I missed that second time Josh won the belt. Which ufc was that? ....
With my total apologies, oldfan is ompletely right, and I am completely wrong. While Barnett has tested positive three times for PEDS (link), he was only UFC heavyweight champion the one time.

There are those who might conclude that therefore, the UFC does NOT test for PEDs, and Barnett simply volunteered the information.

Okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts