Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11559&zoneid=13

Josh Koscheck has been scratching and clawing his way into title contention since his arrival in the Ultimate Fighting Championship via “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show’s debut season.

He’s been on the cusp of a title shot on a few occasions, but untimely losses to Georges St-Pierre, Thiago Alves, and Paulo Thiago derailed his track to fighting for the championship.

The American Kickboxing Academy trained athlete knew for “a long time” before stepping in the Octagon with Paul Daley at UFC 113 on May 8 that a win would garner him a title bout and a rematch with St-Pierre, only this time it would be a five-round contest.

“This time it is everything. This is going to be it man,” Koscheck told MMAWeekly.com. “This is my run to the title and I’m going to get it. I’m close. I’ve got to be focused. I’ve got to train and I’m coming out of this fight with a victory.”

Following his win over Daley in Montreal, Koscheck let it be known that he’d like for the rematch to take place near his hometown of Waynesburg, Penn., in Pittsburgh.

“I think the city of Pittsburgh needs something like that. I’m from the area and it would be great to come home and have the support of all of my fans that have been backing me all the way since I was in college wrestling all the way up to now fighting for the title,” said Koscheck. “Pittsburgh would be a great, great city to have the UFC.”

Pittsburgh is just the 32-year-old fighter’s first choice, and anticipates a good event no matter what city plays host.

“Bringing the UFC to Pittsburgh would be awesome, but regardless where it is it’s going to be a great event and me and St-Pierre are going to put on a good show.”

St-Pierre was able to out-wrestle the four-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestler when they first met at UFC 74 in August of 2007, but Koscheck refuses to let that happen in the rematch.

“Georges, you better work on your power because I’m going to force you to stand up with me when we fight and I’m going to knock you out.”
Koscheck? KO? GSP?.....

HeHeHAHAHAhahahehehahaHAHAHAHA!!!

Josh you twat... your striking is shite. You've been listening to Rogan too much: "Koschecks striking has improved" over and over.

Yes. Your striking?... It has improved. You are now a shite striker instead of a very very shite striker. Dude, GSP is going to dismantle you on the feet. Its YOU whos going to be FORCED to stand and take your medicine. Its YOU whos going to be shooting for a TD to escape the pain, only to get stuffed over and over... so you have to stand there some more and get kicked in the face.

Koscheck. What a c*nt. He makes me laugh though! His trash talk is so rubbish... its getting quite funny.

·
Registered
292 Posts
First time they fought he said GSP wouldn't take him down either.That didnt turn out so well for him. What's the point of talking all this crap? Especially after a not very convincing victory.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
He better be careful of what he asks for. GSP is training at Freddy Roaches now so you know he's gunning for the TKO. St. Pierre is going to put on a striking clinic.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Well not a surprise to hear a fighter say that. Sometimes they have to brainwash themselves into a winning mindset. Good luck Kos.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
I dont care who wins but I hope its finished inside 5 rounds.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Kos continues to become more delusional. Rogan should just be saying; 'Koschecks delusions have improved'.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
If the odds are insanely in favor of GSP, i'd put some money on Kos. (Kos by K.O)

I think the fight goes to GSP by GSP overpowering and pinning Kos to the cage and attacking with strikes and knees early rounds, then Gn-smack for 5 rounds.

There's only one guy out there that can and would likely beat the hell out of GSP at 170 (but he doesn't deserve it).

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Eh, I really dislike Kos but I think he has closed the skill gap a lot since their last fight. I wouldn't favor him but he is going to be a lot harder for GSP to beat this time around and GSP will have to go 5 rounds to get his decision not 3.

I don't really get why people seem to think Kos will be a Hardy quality pushover. This is probably the toughest challenge GSP has had outside of BJ.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
Plans to KO him? Nobody thought that he was planning to lose. Planning and doing the same thing are two different things. I don't see him doing anything much to GSP.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
GSP's better on the feet, he's a much better grappler, doesn't have as bad a chin as many think, is the superior athlete, has the better training camp and partners; and therefore should wipe the floor with Koscheck. I'd love to see GSP knock Koscheck out on the feet in the 1st. That'd be so entertaining.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
Anything Josh can do, GSP can do better.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eh, I really dislike Kos but I think he has closed the skill gap a lot since their last fight. I wouldn't favor him but he is going to be a lot harder for GSP to beat this time around and GSP will have to go 5 rounds to get his decision not 3.

I don't really get why people seem to think Kos will be a Hardy quality pushover. This is probably the toughest challenge GSP has had outside of BJ.
No way a Hardy quality push over. Hell, I consider the Kos fight one of GSP's stiffer challenges.

But, he did come out and say, and I quote:
"Georges, you better work on your power because I’m going to force you to stand up with me when we fight and I’m going to knock you out.”

Hes going to "force" GSP to stand there and get knocked out. Kos actually believes GSP will be frightened of his striking just because of the way he fought Hardy and Alves. The trouble is, both Hardy and Alves have far better striking than Kos. Of that I has no doubt.

Basically, if Kos goes into the fight thinking his stand-up is as good as GSP... well then hes already lost.

·
Registered
104 Posts
He will do what he always does...
Grab hold of man arse, grip it tightly and lovingly, buy it Belgian chocolates and fine wine, then make sweet love to it.
This foreplay is seen by the ref as doing enough to not stand them up...thus he gets the "victory".

Tho with GSP, the tiny faced reptilian's love making style will not work.

"knock him out" :laugh:

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I think the guy is being realistic here. He knows, from his first bout, that he can't outwretle GSP, but he may be able to hang in there long enough so he can pull a Serra and KO GSP.

Remember, Serra isn't a Knock Out artist and managed to KO GSP in the first round. Other than that, I don't see a way of Kos winning. He could get KOed by GSP (hard to see, as GSP isn't a KO artist himself and his stand up is greatly overrated).

GSP will do the same he does since the Serra loss, stand for 30s or less, take Kos down, and stay on top of him for 4:30 each round.

We all know GSP gameplan, and nobody has been able to do anything about it.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I think the guy is being realistic here. He knows, from his first bout, that he can't outwretle GSP, but he may be able to hang in there long enough so he can pull a Serra and KO GSP.

Remember, Serra isn't a Knock Out artist and managed to KO GSP in the first round. Other than that, I don't see a way of Kos winning. He could get KOed by GSP (hard to see, as GSP isn't a KO artist himself and his stand up is greatly overrated).

GSP will do the same he does since the Serra loss, stand for 30s or less, take Kos down, and stay on top of him for 4:30 each round.

We all know GSP gameplan, and nobody has been able to do anything about it.
Paulo Thiago's not a Knock-Out artist either, he'd never knocked anyone out before he knocked Koscheck out. GSP stands far more chance knocking Koscheck out on the feet, than Koscheck does knocking GSP out. GSP is training with Freddie Roach ahead of this fight too, which suggests to me that GSP could be setting Koscheck up for a world of hurt on the feet. If GSP chooses to stand with Koscheck, he'll prove to all the doubters that he's not just a one-dimensional striker.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I do think this will be GSP's greatest challenge to date at 170. KOS has improved since their last fight.

GSP is still the superior fighter in every area, but it will be a tough fight for him. Unfortunately, I see it as being another 5 round decision.

Hope GSP takes it though.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
No chance. Thiago Alves and BJ Penn have been GSP's greatest challenges at 170. Koscheck's inferior to GSP in every way, and GSP should run through him.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts