Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who haven't seen, there's a documentary about Kyle Maynard, the collegiate wrestler amputee who competed in MMA, called "A Fighting Chance." It's available on hulu for those who want to check it out.

There are a few segments where they talk about the pre-fight buildup and the smack talk that went on on the internet, and I think the fight testified to many of the concerns the internet trolls had.

Still, I want to say this: I have a ton of respect for Renzo, but the way that Maynard's camp handled that fight was irresponsibly stupid. They didn't have a plan for the jab? Seriously. The documentary points out that they knew an opponent could stick and move and he would have problems, and they didn't have a real plan for it? Seriously.

I'm just disappointed. I expected more from the coaching in the sport, though I never cease to be amazed by the incompetence.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I know this is gonna sound horrible but this kid is turning himself into a Circus Freak. I understand the kid wants to try to prove people wrong but he will NEVER be a fighter or anyhting other than a joke if he enters the ring or cage again. I feel sorry for him and everything but I wouldn't take it easy on him at all if he's dumb enough to get in there and fight and think people will take it easy on him. I hope he finds something he loves and can prove people wrong, other than MMA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.