Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fight community, I am fighting against Travelers Insurance Company over a head injury I sustained on the job. My doctors and neurologist are all on my side. My Aflac disability insurance has paid for my lost time.

This is the message I get from Travelers Insurance :

"You have a history of concussions, and this may due to the repetitive head blows that you sustained as a kick boxer in Thailand. Based on the documentation submitted all of your issues are from pre-existing conditions or injuries that have occurred. I will accept the one concussion that occurred on 02/04/2019, and that is it. I am not accepting your occipital neuralgia."

Keshia Miles | Claim Professional | South Texas Claim Center
Western Gulf Claim Center
W: 281.606.7019 F: 877.749.0075

I have reached out to several lawyers here in Austin and they are not interested in helping me. Is there a group that helps ex-fighters with this kind of discrimination? I did some boxing when I was in the Navy in my 20's while visiting Thailand. I am 47 now and hit my head on the concrete at work. Even my employer is on my side. Can these jokers really get away with this? I am suffering with a host of shit and can't seem to get any help. I was off work and unable to drive a car for almost a year.

·
Premium Member
6,691 Posts
You could try forums offering free legal advice.

If you can get someone in the news to cover your story and it becomes publicly known, insurance would probably settle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could try forums offering free legal advice.

If you can get someone in the news to cover your story and it becomes publicly known, insurance would probably settle.
I'll give forums a shot. Thanks. Not sure my injury is public newsworthy and I would not want bad pr for my old shop. Owner is a great guy and so is the company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts