Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if its officially announced yet but i have heard from a couple sources that Carwin and Lesnar have both agreed on UFC 116 on July 3rd......Yipeeee!!!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I cant wait to see Lesnar get KTFO!!!

It's gonna be sweet to see that big f#ck eat a big slice of humble pie.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Carwin by 1st rd KO.

Lesner going to have a hard time coming back from his illness and as hot (no ****) as Carwin is right now, were going to witness another one if his signiture 1rd ko's.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I'm curious to see how well Lesnar can take a punch, we've only seen him rocked once and he wasn't forced to fight through it, he just laid back on top if Mir.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
if the odds are anywhere close to even $ ill be putting at least $1000 on lesnar. almost half my sports betting roll.

Carwin has a punchers chance. he will get taken down tho, he wont just muscle Lesnar to the fence.

the "wrestling" of Carwin is gonna be exposed, bigtime.

GL with that jitz off your back Shane.

Brock is tossing around that monster Cole Konrad.... Shane is gonna be nothing, he is slower with less wrestling then Cole.

The only hope is to catch Lesnar before he gets the takedown, once he gets it, i think Shane will struggle hard and gas trying to get back up.

im a bit worried about the layoff for Brock but im trusting he is coming back at 100%, freaks of nature like him can bounce back quickly.

Reactions: IllegalLegKick

·
Registered
643 Posts
What I think everyone is overlooking is the clinch. Sure, Lesnar can eventually get the TD and smash Carwin... but it won't get there. I see the fight standing and trading until Lesnar/Carwin takes a stiff punch and, instinctually as a wrestler, they will drive forward for the TD. But neither will roll at the hips to reverse the momentum, they'll get driven backwards against the cage.

This is where Carwin ends it, he has the muscle that Randy didn't and will clinch and test Lesnar's chin. Brock doesn't like to get hit, he doesn't have the background where he's taken the punishment, and will crumple to the dynamite in Carwin's hands.

Carwin is the only HW equipped to cope with Lesnar's athleticism and size effectively. I see Cain/JDS getting taken down and hulk-smashed because of their inability to defend the TD of a gorilla.

I like this scenario though, because as Carwin as champ, bouts with Cain/JDS/...Fedor present unique fights, as Carwin likes to stand, and won't rely on gorilla strength to manhandle his opponents like Brock. The speed of Cain/JDS will present Carwin with issues, and become more complicated fights.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
You know how crazy that would be if Carwin won by KO the first round. However I really think it's going to be a war of attrition. A complete wrestling battle. Whoever achieves the dominant position and has the best cardio will win.

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
Brock by TKO late in round one. He will be way to fast and agile for Shane to handle in the wrestling department. Brock wont stand with Carwin, he's gonna shoot and I see him getting the takedown, and working his sick top control.

However I really think it's going to be a war of attrition. A complete wrestling battle. Whoever achieves the dominant position and has the best cardio will win.
If this is how the fight plays out, and Carwin is inviting the clinch, Lesnar will be a massive favorite.

·
Registered
97 Posts
gonna be fireworks early.

Will Brock Shoot for a takedown? Can he get it if he does?

Does carwin have enough game to last on his back until they stand back up?

Brock has a much bigger upper body mass than Shane, but carwin seems just as strong in the hips legs and his hands are huge. Carwin is a few inches shorter.

I wonder what Carwins deadlift and squat are in relation to brocks. Brock seems to have much smaller legs compared to his upper body, where as carwin seems bigger in the hips ass and legs.

I like carwin in this fight. He seems to have more power. Brock has great power and speed also, brock was stunned a bit by mir's flying knee but recovered quickly. Would he be able to do the same if shane connected?

Then of course the illness. Brock has been through a lot in a short peroid of time, he is a big man, how will his body heal and preform in relation to this? Professional wreslting is a very physically demanding sport, as well as trying out for the vikings and training for MMA.

Perhaps Brocks greatest strength, his body, has now tired down a bit from the years of brutal training. Maybe carwin is now the fresher of the two athletes with way less mileage.

I like Carwin in this fight, and if the odds are right I may put some money on him.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ive got Lesnar winning at the end of the 1st round via RNC.

Carwin has a punches chance, and that is all against Lesnar.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Ive got Lesnar winning at the end of the 1st round via RNC.

Carwin has a punches chance, and that is all against Lesnar.
... Please tell me you have Lesnar winning by a submission for sarcasm...:confused05:

Carwin has better stand up and is the only guy I think can stop a TD from Lesnar. If lesnar tries to stand and trade with Carwin it is going to be another first round KO for Carwin. However if Lesnar gets the TD it is possible Carwin will gas in the later rounds. We have never seen Carwin past the first round so it is hard to say if he is in bad shape or not. I still feel Carwin wins by KO/TKO round one, with a possibility round two.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I am sure Carwin is working extensively at making Brock pay for shooting in. He wants to keep this fight standing, and I am sure if he connects when Brock shoots in it's either lights out or Brock will think twice about shooting in again.

On another note, I think Carwin is the only guy with the hand size and strength to effectively neutralize Brock off his back, and he has pretty good bjj to boot.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Why would that be sarcasm, did you miss the very well publicized article about Brock beating Gabriel Gonzaga in a BJJ match? If he can sub GG, he can sub Shane.

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/noob-...bmits-gonzaga-exhibition-grappling-match.html
i believe that rumor was proven totally false, as was the one about Brett Rogers KOing Lesnar sparring.

I dont see Lesnar traveling around for grappling tournys and i dont see Gonzaga traveling all the way to Minny just to grapple with Brock Lesnar. I wish Gabe would train in a better gym but he seems comfortable where he is at.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
The Gonzaga thing was proven totally false, some kid started it on Wikipedia by posting a picture of Lesnar practicing a Kimura on a small, pale, inexperienced teammate.

Lesnar loses this fight period, I'm sad to see Alizio lose so much money in the process. Lesnar could have been big when Arlovski, Sylvia, or Couture ruled the division but nowadays he'll be low top 10. He's not going to take down JDS without getting rocked hard, he's not going to outwrestle Cain, and he'll never get inside Carwin's dynamite range enough to gas him.

And he's what? Lost to Mir then won in rd2? Barely beat Couture? Went to decision with Herring in his retirement fight?

Compare that to:

JDS: Beat Yvel, Werdum, Struve, and Gonzaga in half the time Lesnar took to beat Herring. Nearly impossible to take-down and rockets for fists. No UFC losses.

Carwin: KO'd Gonzaga with a cross rd1, proven iron chin. Demolished a motivated, stronger Mir rd1 easily. No UFC losses.

Cain: Better wrestling credentials, 6 (7?) straight dominant victories in the UFC including a one minute KO of Nogueira, no UFC losses.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i believe that rumor was proven totally false, as was the one about Brett Rogers KOing Lesnar sparring.

I dont see Lesnar traveling around for grappling tournys and i dont see Gonzaga traveling all the way to Minny just to grapple with Brock Lesnar. I wish Gabe would train in a better gym but he seems comfortable where he is at.
The Lesnar getting KO'ed by Rogers was a troll thread from sherdog. I was on sherdog when that thread was around. It's funny how big that rumor got.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
The Gonzaga thing was proven totally false, some kid started it on Wikipedia by posting a picture of Lesnar practicing a Kimura on a small, pale, inexperienced teammate.

Lesnar loses this fight period, I'm sad to see Alizio lose so much money in the process. Lesnar could have been big when Arlovski, Sylvia, or Couture ruled the division but nowadays he'll be low top 10. He's not going to take down JDS without getting rocked hard, he's not going to outwrestle Cain, and he'll never get inside Carwin's dynamite range enough to gas him.

And he's what? Lost to Mir then won in rd2? Barely beat Couture? Went to decision with Herring in his retirement fight?

Compare that to:

JDS: Beat Yvel, Werdum, Struve, and Gonzaga in half the time Lesnar took to beat Herring. Nearly impossible to take-down and rockets for fists. No UFC losses.

Mir: KO'd Gonzaga with a cross rd1, proven iron chin. Demolished a motivated, stronger Mir rd1 easily. No UFC losses.

Cain: Better wrestling credentials, 6 (7?) straight dominant victories in the UFC including a one minute KO of Nogueira, no UFC losses.

Not gonna takedown JDS..... LOL

Wow are you wrong about Brock.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Not gonna takedown JDS..... LOL

Wow are you wrong about Brock.

Why? Because Brock won once at the NCAA div I OVER TEN YEARS AGO?

Or because he took down someone who's entire plan was to work from guard?

Or because Brock struggled and was neutralized by a 220lb LHW?

But yeah you're right, the one dimensional phenom who's biggest win is either a guy who just got wrecked or a mid-tier LHW is going to crush everyone.

Lesnar is in a training camp for nobodies while guys like Cain and JDS are in the best camps in the world. Lesnar has one weapon and the other top dogs have several.

We'll see when Carwin faces Lesnar but I think you guys who toted Lesnar as the next big thing are in for a shock.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.