Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

***Reported By Sherdog***

Former NCAA wrestling champion and WWE star Brock Lesnar made official his debut in K-1 HERO's, reports Sherdog.com's Mike Sloan from ringside at K-1 USA's "Battle At Bellagio" tournament in Las Vegas.

Invited to the ring Saturday evening by announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr., the 285-pound Lesnar announced his planned October debut against a yet-to-be-decided opponent.

Joining the Webster, South Dakota native in his announcement, three-time UFC tournament champion Royce Gracie stated that he would help prepare the former WWE pro wrestler for his mixed martial arts debut.

Lesnar has recently trained in Bettendorf, Iowa with Pat Miletich and his group of fighters.

----------

I'm watching the replay now...and here's a brief summary of what I just saw:

Brock Lesnar just came into the ring at the K-1 event in Vegas and announced that he is excited to fight for K-1 and that it is now official. Lesnar then said that he would like to bring in the person that needs no introduction and that he will train with.

He called Royce Gracie to the ring...Royce came in and took the mic and stated how it is a pleasure to train Lesnar "I am a Jiu-Jitsu fighter and you have the wrestling, a good combination...the next HW champion".

So it is now official that Lesnar will be fighting for K-1 in their MMA shows with Royce doing the BJJ training.

Things could get interesting now...we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Rush said:
Do you think hes a bit juiced up? He looks worse than Coleman...I hope he wins. He had a great psycho gimmick in WWE back when I used to watch it in 2003.
actually.. no he don't looked juiced.. looks like he just finished or is in the middle of a workout. Brock has only used HGH from what I understand and is extremely careful what he puts into his body.. the Cell tech company pays him hugely as a spokesperson and they monitor his intake closely from what I under stand.. and other then HGH I beleive he uses Celltech products only.. but this info is about 2-3 years old.. so it may have changed.. but when I met him.. he did not even drink... but who knows for sure except him and his doctors.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
He is naturally big. He is a NCAA champion and the NCAA has stricker rules and guidelines than the Olympics and any other major sport. He is a monster and will dominate with the help of Royce and Miletich.

·
ACI Level 1
228 Posts
Pride has a 390 lb guy who fought and lost to Antonio Nogueira in the current open weight GP. Brock's a "little" more cut however.

·
ACI Level 1
228 Posts
I agree big time. It's good to see quality heavy-weights (like barnett). I'm actually pretty stoked to see brock without all the glam and the scripting. Actually I'd buy a WWE PPV if just one time they went at it for real.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Man you gotta fell sorry for whoever he faces cause i watched a vid on some of his training he runs up a hill carrying a log :eek:

LIke no Joke a frekin log that guy is a beast and i think his cardio is pretty good so i think knock out first round

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Don said:
actually.. no he don't looked juiced.. looks like he just finished or is in the middle of a workout. Brock has only used HGH from what I understand and is extremely careful what he puts into his body.. the Cell tech company pays him hugely as a spokesperson and they monitor his intake closely from what I under stand.. and other then HGH I beleive he uses Celltech products only.. but this info is about 2-3 years old.. so it may have changed.. but when I met him.. he did not even drink... but who knows for sure except him and his doctors.
check this out
TSG Mug Shot: Brock Lesnar

take it from someone who has been around that stuff for years HE'S ON!! but who cares?

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
I'm probably the only one with this opinion, but all MMA organizations should stay as far away from WWE actors as they can. Please don't ruin this sport. I know he is a decorated wrestler, but that was before WWE, and besides, this is K-1. I see Broc losing, he's too big, and too slow to be successfull in MMA.

The one positive aspect of this announcment is maybe alot of WWE fans will tune into K-1 to watch Broc. I still think it just makes a reputable organization look like a circus

1 - 20 of 21 Posts