Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 40 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
This card tonite was pretty boring, next week's card sounds pretty boring too, and now there's only like, Penn vs Sanchez and GSP vs Winner of Swick/Hardy to get excited about?
You need to become a fan of some other sport if you thought tonight's card was boring.

106 will be pretty entertaining as well.

It is like some of you guys actually think the UFC can put together a card like they did at UFC 100 for every event.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
That's what years of roids do to you, they destroy your immune system just like AID's. This is why a lot of pro body builders die in their 30s. I wouldnt be suprised if brock died.
I had seen a program on TV called "The Man Whose Arm Exploded" that indicated something like this. This particular gentleman had taken so many steroids and for such a long period of time. If I recall correctly, he stated that anabolic steroids within the body are like a time bomb that can go off at anytime as far as a person's health is concerned, and that these unpredictable negative effects could manifest themselves in any number of ways.

·
Banned
392 Posts
I had seen a program on TV called "The Man Whose Arm Exploded" that indicated something like this. This particular gentleman had taken so many steroids and for such a long period of time. If I recall correctly, he stated that anabolic steroids within the body are like a time bomb that can go off at anytime as far as a person's health is concerned, and that these unpredictable negative effects could manifest themselves in any number of ways.
Hah, that guy was insane. Im sure brock was smarter than that. But people don't understand how bad steroids mess your body up. The average person thinks " they just shrink your nuts and give you pimples dude "

Nooo, trust me..look at my avatar. Ive been weight lifting for 20+ years. Ive seen guys who roid literally have their insides explode. One of the many reasons I havent touched roids in a long time, its just not worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
That's what years of roids do to you, they destroy your immune system just like AID's. This is why a lot of pro body builders die in their 30s. I wouldnt be suprised if brock died.
Your post is full of so much fail I won't even bother.

Brock couldn't run from gay cancer his whole life.
Hah, that guy was insane. Im sure brock was smarter than that. But people don't understand how bad steroids mess your body up. The average person thinks " they just shrink your nuts and give you pimples dude "

Nooo, trust me..look at my avatar. Ive been weight lifting for 20+ years. Ive seen guys who roid literally have their insides explode. One of the many reasons I havent touched roids in a long time, its just not worth it.

Post sources, studies, etc. or GTFO.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
oh....was he the massive arm infection dude on youtube? that was so very nasty.
Yep, that is the same guy. The hour long program on him was quite interesting. It's been a while since I've seen it. His use of steroids and his dealing of them absolutely destroyed his life. If I am not mistaken, the man ended up doing serious, hard time for selling them.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Yep, that is the same guy. The hour long program on him was quite interesting. It's been a while since I've seen it. His use of steroids and his dealing of them absolutely destroyed his life. If I am not mistaken, the man ended up doing serious, hard time for selling them.
abuse of just about anything is bad for your body

·
Banned
392 Posts
I think I know more about roid abuse than anyone on this forum. I will try not to jump to conclusions but this stinks like typical roid abuse. I see this crap day in and day out at my gym.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
I think I know more about roid abuse than anyone on this forum. I will try not to jump to conclusions but this stinks like typical roid abuse. I see this crap day in and day out at my gym.
The key word here is abuse. There is no way Brock wouldn't have been caught by now if he was abusing (not the same as just using). He has had multiple test a year for 15 or so years.

Just because you see guys at your gym using and then getting sick doesn't make you any kind of expert.

You have to also look at the fact that if someone is abusing steroids they are likely to be abusing other more damaging drugs like alcohol, pain killers, cocaine, etc.

I've yet to see a conclusive study showing long term health problems with a direct correlation to MODERATE steroid use.

And you say you think you know more about steroids than anyone else here, but based on your comments you only know what the media blowhards tell you, 95% of which is completely false or unproven.

I know of many older steroid users that are in fine health after 20+ years of use.

Mono can be a real bitch and with flu season in full swing (especially up North where Brock is) the combination could be fatal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This reminds me of Dana covering for Rampage going crazy by saying that he was on some kind of wierd diet. When everybody knows the Rampage was off his meds.

Next thing you know Dana will be saying Brock has some sort of "hormone difficiency"

IF BROCK DID RIODS ALL THOSE YEARS...Is this how his body would react after a prolonged time off of them while trying to maintain a physical career? He is a very large individual so stress on his body would probably be multiplied.

·
Banned
392 Posts
Well the thing is I think lesnar has been natural since he started MMA. He was much bigger back in his pro wrestling days. When you abuse roids like that and just stop, then natural train it REALLY screws your body up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I hope Brock is ok also, however look at some of the H1N1 cases, some of the people who died from the H1N1 also had Mono combined with it. Lets hope this is not the case. I would like to see him get better and come back and fight in 2010 against anyone.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Poor bastard, I hope it isn't as serious as Dana is making it sound. At least he has a good supportive family/friends and can afford the best treatment around.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
I really hope brock can get better soon because the ufc needs him back soon. With the latest injuries and missing fighters uufc 106,108 went from great events to total garbage. I think strikeforce can close the gap in some way...i know the ufc has a way way bigger market but strikeforce can make a splash in that market.

21 - 40 of 167 Posts