Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I haven't been here very long, but thus far, I think swpthleg is the most lenient of anyone on the staff.
Oh, she is, whats the saying, don't mistake kindness for weakness.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
And don't mistake weakness for swine flu. It could be a bacterial infection of the intestine.

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
That's interesting, considering I included an attempt at levity.

You're entitled to your opinion. I didn't think it made me sound badass. I thought it made me sound like I didn't want to hear members insulting other members.
meh, usually I like your humor, but it comes of as bullying when it has that "I am the Lord thy Mod" overtone in it. I appreciate what you guys do to keep the forum friendly, but sometimes it seems bordering on personal grandeur and lording over anyone with a different opinion. There are arguments and subtle insults all the time on this forum, but seems like not both parties are warned equally by any means. This seemed like one of those times, there's others but It'd take me forever to track em. Nothin personal, just sayin.

·
Banned
0 Posts
omg swp no offence but you're starting to seem like the most power trippy mod on the whole site .. seriously, what's with the kind of overeager cop thing telling ppl to chill out for anything remotely funny, punctuated with somthing that makes you sound like the ultimate badass? I didn't mean for this to be a personal attack or to take YOURMOMwhatsisface's side on this, but this has to be like the 10th time I've seen one of these pompous sounding "warnings" from you over minor shit.
On the contrerry....she is the most lienent staff member we have, I often tease her about this as well as the other staff....Sweep heads isssues off in a civil way before they are ever issues...I believe this statement, while its your opinion, to be false....

That's interesting, considering I included an attempt at levity.

You're entitled to your opinion. I didn't think it made me sound badass. I thought it made me sound like I didn't want to hear members insulting other members.
It did, I think this is just a little bit of an over reaction....:thumbsup:

This is the best posts I've ever read. :praise01:
Im surprised your even in this thread, who is spearheading your WAYDRN thread......someone has to babysit that thread and she takes the time to do so.......thats what made you quote her post....

I haven't been here very long, but thus far, I think swpthleg is the most lenient of anyone on the staff.
Repped for truth...and common knowledge....

Perfectly explained....Perhaps you should have elaborated on getting on her wrong side.....:thumbsup:

I agree 100% with this statement.
Agreed.....

meh, usually I like your humor, but it comes of as bullying when it has that "I am the Lord thy Mod" overtone in it. I appreciate what you guys do to keep the forum friendly, but sometimes it seems bordering on personal grandeur and lording over anyone with a different opinion. There are arguments and subtle insults all the time on this forum, but seems like not both parties are warned equally by any means. This seemed like one of those times, there's others but It'd take me forever to track em. Nothin personal, just sayin.
To start for the most part I usually agree with you, however I must take exception with the Lord of the Mods term....

I am the lord of the mods...I kid I kid, but seriously the warning's are fair and go both ways and Sweep is the least infracting, least banning staff member on this forum......

The point is she does her job with subtle warnings meant to keep the flow of the thread going and not directly put attention on the post in question unless totally necessary...

FTR....there is no one you could approach on this forum that would go more out of their way for you than her....

I know this was your opinion and certainly you are entitled to voice it, however of all the Staff, her being referrenced surprised me alot....

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Has anybody else read this yet?

"Brock was in big pain, he was hurting.... We don’t know if he’ll ever fight again. He had a hole in his intestine. The (stuff) was leaking into his stomach. That’s what was causing him so much pain. That and he had abscesses. The doctor told him he hasn’t been right for a year. His immune system has been trying to fight this thing and that’s why he was susceptible to getting sick.... We’ll find out more next week. We’re going to send him to the Mayo Clinic for a couple of days. I don’t know what to say. It’s looking better now than last week, but what that means, I don’t know."
UFC President Dana White provides a sobering update on the condition of heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar, and how it could affect his professional mixed martial arts career moving forward. He's now out of the hospital recovering; however, as we passed along yesterday, he is still "not out of the woods." The good news is that the worst appears to be over and that he can now focus on getting healthy again. Lesnar is scheduled to visit the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., "early next week for a battery of tests." Stay tuned ...
http://www.mmamania.com/

You know what is truly scary about that, if he has been sick for a year then we haven't even seen Lesnar at 100% yet, that means he destroyed Mir and beat Couture for the title sick. That has to be some deeply scary shit for anyone who might have to fight Lesnar someday.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
It wasn't an issue of opinion. Whether or not I am on staff doesn't enter into any discussion I have with regard to opinion.

It was an issue of members insulting other members, as I've said. I was simply attempting to redirect the thread back to the intended topic as well, as coldcall pointed out.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts