Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
With those odds you're stupid not to put money down on Carwin. I think Carwin has more opportunities to put this fight away. At the absolute least, Carwin is the worst matchup for Brock to date.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I think that is a little high, we haven't seen Lesnar's chin tested and he is a relatively green fighter coming off a long lay off. Remember that we are not talking about Randy Couture who has been doing this forever. I would think Lesnar should be even and Carwin at around 130/100.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
I'd put money on Carwin at those odds for sure.

Lesnar said himself that he got a bit rocked by Mir's knee against the cage.

For me this is one of the fights that I really can't predict how it will go.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'd put money on Carwin at those odds for sure.

Lesnar said himself that he got a bit rocked by Mir's knee against the cage.

For me this is one of the fights that I really can't predict how it will go.
Rocked != Seeing tweety bird

Odds sound about right. Cannot wait for 116 when Lesnar crushes Carwin and ends all this discrediting of Lesnar.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Rocked != Seeing tweety bird
can you explain the difference please? lol
Let's just call it getting rocked. Get punched in the noggin and the world fades.

You get a shot to the head, and you see nothing and see a white flash and then how fast everything around you looks blurry.

It's all about how hard/where the shot was....if it takes you micro-seconds or seconds to come out of it, how well you recover.

The master of this is Fedor, he's been 'rocked' so many times and recovered for decision victories, that's a great testimony to Rocky like heart from the man, his Pride legacy is intact --- That said, Fedor and his fans and people need to him witness fight a top 5 HW of this generation. His best shot at ever beating Brock was when Brock was a MMA newbie, not so much anymore - too bad for Fedor.

Also Mir showed tons of heart after he got rocked by Carwin, Mir took atleast 20 hard short precise Shane Carwin punches to the head and was still going for a sub, then 10 more till he was unconcious.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I don't think we have seen enough of Brock to really put fair and accurate odds. If I would have to make the pick, I would do pretty even odds simply because their records are close to similiar (Carwin having more wins all by stoppage while Brock has less wins but against tougher opponents). Plus we haven't seen either of them fight a guy of similiar size and wrestling skills yet, so it is really hard to say how they'll manage when they can't push the opponent around and control him as easily. No way is Carwin holding Brock against the cage and wrecking him with uppercuts, also I doubt we'll see Brock holding Carwin's wrist with his other hand while mauling his face against the cage with other. :p

Either way I'll be betting atleast 100 on Brock, but I don't think it is an easy win for him.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
I think I will stay away from betting on this.....with real money anyhow....Theres to many unknowns...and lets not even get into the unknown unknowns

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
If this goes more than one and a half rounds it could be end just two really super heavy weights wrestling and clinching, neither with enough to throw a hard strike.

Either way, winner gets Cain as a big favorite (i'll lay some cash on Cain for the upset).

I think either loser will destroy JDS.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Just rewatched Mir vs Carwin and it's amazing how overhyped Carwin's size is. I think a lot of Brock haters are going to be shocked when they are standing next eachother for the staredown.
I think I will stay away from betting on this.....with real money anyhow....Theres to many unknowns...and lets not even get into the unknown unknowns
I agree. I would never bet real money on a matchup like this where the first solid shot from either fighter likely ends the fight or at least sets up the finish.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
Just rewatched Mir vs Carwin and it's amazing how overhyped Carwin's size is. I think a lot of Brock haters are going to be shocked when they are standing next eachother for the staredown.I agree. I would never bet real money on a matchup like this where the first solid shot from either fighter likely ends the fight or at least sets up the finish.

Truth

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
...I agree. I would never bet real money on a matchup like this where the first solid shot from either fighter likely ends the fight or at least sets up the finish.
First you mock Carwin for posting on the message boards, and then you post almost word for word what he wrote on his message board, "first solid shot from either fighter likely ends the fight" :confused02:

I respect Carwin for his interaction with his fans and the constant contests he runs. Carwin has already said he will not quit his job if he wins the title, he fights for the love of the sport, and you've gotta love someone with that kind of heart and dedication.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'm giving the edge to Carwin. Does that mean Brock couldn't win? Heck no. As many have said, this fight comes down to who gets the big shot off first.

However, I think Carwin has a much better chance at that. Of the two of them, Carwin has more fights and experience, has never been out of the first round, and seems to have much more devastating power in his hands. Plus, Carwin seems to be able to use that power with very short, quick punches. Considering I think the fight will be determine by the first hard punch to land cleanly, I'm giving it to the guy who can hurt people with quick shots.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.