Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Should be a fantastic match up. I really think Carwin is going to be Lesnar's toughest challenge to date, and I believe he faces some realistic chance of losing. I can't get over how the heavyweight divison in the ufc has gone from being so thin to one of the most exciting divisons in the UFC. I aboslutely cannot wait to see this fight!

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Carwin I hope. Leznar I think. I think brock will make him look slow. I would love to be wrong.

Of course, we don't know what kind of Brock leznar will show up. You can't just jump back in to power lifting and taking body shots after having a hole in your intestine. I've had diverticulitis and I'm a mere shadow of the man I was. It's almost enough to make me pull for Brock. ...almost.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Ill go Lesnar. Brocks is gonna be looking for the takedown the entire fight. He will push Carwin into the later rounds, I just dont see a guy who has never been outta the first round being able to handle the championship rounds with someone like Brock putting insane pressure on him. Dont get me wrong, im not a fan of either of these dudes. I just think Brocks style matches up very well with Carwin.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it was Brock who would have fought last November against Carwin without any sicknesses it definately would have been Brock but not anymore.

Carwin has been training like a beast since Gonzaga match and that payed out in the match agains Mir. Now, can Brock do the same? I believe he is not the same fighter as last July IF he started full training just few months ago in January.

We might see a lot of ground work in this one, if it goes on with that Brock is my call but if it stays up feet Carwin will take it and I will put my bets on him.

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
Im pulling for Carwin. Maybe even gonna bet some points on it. From his twitter it really seems like hes great to his fans. Always doing give aways and stuff. I do however think it speaks a great deal for Lesnar how everyone used to think thatd he trouble beating any heavyweights in the UFC but is now considered to be able to take out Fedor. Id love to see Big Nog vs either of these guys. I say the winner fights Cain V. and the winner of that fights the winner of Mir Nog 2. I know both of those last guys are coming off losses, but really, after Carwin and Cain, who else is at the top of the heap?

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Im pulling for Carwin. Maybe even gonna bet some points on it. From his twitter it really seems like hes great to his fans. Always doing give aways and stuff. I do however think it speaks a great deal for Lesnar how everyone used to think thatd he trouble beating any heavyweights in the UFC but is now considered to be able to take out Fedor. Id love to see Big Nog vs either of these guys. I say the winner fights Cain V. and the winner of that fights the winner of Mir Nog 2. I know both of those last guys are coming off losses, but really, after Carwin and Cain, who else is at the top of the heap?
after Carwin and Cain is

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
A healthy Lesnar takes Carwin...

I'm not a fan of either in particular really. I just think Carwin's size and wrestling is, while impressive, not as impressive as the UFC hyperbolic hype machine would have us believe. I do respect the power in his hands though no doubt, and he seems like a really likeable cat, so if he wins, then more power to him.

That being said, with this being Brock's first fight back, I'm staying the heck away from this one. Returns from serious injury / illness are a big "stay away" sign for me from a betting perspective.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.