Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"This fight will determine who the baddest man on the planet is"

"The two best heavyweights in the world will meet tonight"

Brock Lesnar has no standup and turtled up Bob Sapp style when he was swarmed by Carwin. I'm not sure he even took a big shot, he just seemed to turtle up because he couldn't handle the heat.

Shane Carwin could not go 6 minutes.

These 2 guys are the baddest men on the planet? I know Fedor recently lost, but damn... I don't know, from what I saw tonight Fedor definitely has a shot with either of these guys. Also Overeem, I think he would trample Carwin and Lesnar BASED on what I saw tonight.

Let be realistic guys, neither man looked impressive. Both have HUGE holes in their games.

Follow the Dana hype-wagon!

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
I agreed with you 200%.

Im pretty sure that Brock shited his shorts when Carwin was going at him, he looked like a coward chicken running away and turtleing when cornered, it was so ridiculous, if that is the baddest man on the planet...

Carwin looked pretty good, he faced brock and made him run away...for about 4 minutes, being that also ridiculous.
I give him credit thought as he is 37 yo.

As i mentioned before, i see Overeem raping both these guys based on pure skill and conditioning.

Reactions: Killz

·
Registered
816 Posts
Agreed !

thats why i think cain has a good shot at lesnar

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Carwin will drop overeem...hate to say it but Carwin has dynamite in his hands that would drop Overeem. If chuck did surely Carwin can. Also Overeem is more skilled that lesnar that fight is interesting. Fedor against both of these guys is interesting also all three are capable of taking him and ground and pound him, but fedor is a great off his back and his stand up and clinch work is one of the best.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
To add to this - I know Carwin was saying his body locked up, but when Lesnar was setting up that arm-triangle, he should've really tied him up in side control a little better. Lesnar went from half-guard --> mount --> side control with relative ease ... ah well, nice job Lesnar.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I agree. I think it demonstrated how much of a rookie Lesnar really is. You can roll around with hundreds of guys, but that does not always translate into a 'great' fighter. It's most certainly possible to train for that (not flinch and have a knee jerk reaction when someone is hitting you), but it comes with experience.

Lesnar does not like getting hit. Randy and Mir already exposed that, except they couldn't capitalize on it.
I have a feeling that either Cain or JDS will end Lesnar's claim to the title.

Oh, and 1 more thing, i think Lesnar suffers from the bully syndrome. As long as he's bigger than his opponent, he feels very confident, but when his opponent is his size, his confidence is visibly shaken (in my opinion).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carwin will drop overeem...hate to say it but Carwin has dynamite in his hands that would drop Overeem. If chuck did surely Carwin can. Also Overeem is more skilled that lesnar that fight is interesting. Fedor against both of these guys is interesting also all three are capable of taking him and ground and pound him, but fedor is a great off his back and his stand up and clinch work is one of the best.
Chuck did NOT fight Ubereem, he fought a skinny ass Overeem. These are not the same two fighters. Please stop listening to Dana and look at the facts, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Chuck did NOT fight Ubereem, he fought a skinny ass Overeem. These are not the same two fighters. Please stop listening to Dana and look at the facts, thanks.
lol u really think size has improved overeem chin. I'm not listening to Dana Facts are Shane Carwin is a bigger monster than Ovreem and hits a lot harder.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol u really think size has improved overeem chin. I'm not listening to Dana Facts are Shane Carwin is a bigger monster than Ovreem and hits a lot harder.
Carwin also gases fast, and he is not a technical striker. Sure he was able to hit Gonzaga with a punch out of nowhere, and he was able to muscle Mir, but I never saw him get a technical KO against anyone who is a known badass on the feet.

Overeem today would kill Chuck, that whole argument of "this guy lost to this guy, so he must lose to this guy" doesn't work in MMA and is just a stupid argument...

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Carwin also gases fast, and he is not a technical striker. Sure he was able to hit Gonzaga with a punch out of nowhere, and he was able to muscle Mir, but I never saw him get a technical KO against anyone who is a known badass on the feet.

Overeem today would kill Chuck, that whole argument of "this guy lost to this guy, so he must lose to this guy" doesn't work in MMA and is just a stupid argument...
I said Overeem got knockout by chuck, Carwin probably punches harder than chuck which means he could knockout overeem. If man that has stand Toe to Toe with Shane has got killed. I not overeem is a beast but until he fights some real damn competition at HW its all speculation on what he can do. I`m not denying Overeem...he is a skilled and is a beast. But the same thing that has knocked fedor with his critics is doing the same to overeem. Its speculation..its like saying Jaked Sheild is one hell of a fighter and was a beast in SF can come over to the ufc and best gsp.

Carwin: Has dominated: Lesnar,Mir, Gonzaga
Ovreem as a beast has dominated:Brett Rogers who is not that good.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I said Overeem got knockout by chuck, Carwin probably punches harder than chuck which means he could knockout overeem. If man that has stand Toe to Toe with Shane has got killed. I not overeem is a beast but until he fights some real damn competition at HW its all speculation on what he can do. I`m not denying Overeem...he is a skilled and is a beast. But the same thing that has knocked fedor with his critics is doing the same to overeem. Its speculation..its like saying Jaked Sheild is one hell of a fighter and was a beast in SF can come over to the ufc and best gsp.

Carwin: Has dominated: Lesnar,Mir, Gonzaga
Ovreem as a beast has dominated:Brett Rogers who is not that good.
If it stays standing Overeem would completely tool Carwin he is slow and has terrible technique he would make Carwin look like a fool on the outside like he did Rogers. There is a big difference in knocking out guys who don't know how to strike and being able to knockout world class kickboxers.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It is possible that Overeem could tool both these guys. The problem with judging Overeem's ability is the quality of opponents he fights. We just haven't seen alot of his abilities tested in the recent era.

How good is his takedown defence? How is he off his back?

In the stand up Overeem is light years ahead of both Brock and Carwin. I think he could take Carwin by staying away from his power and picking him apart with his more diverse striking. He could also guillotine him.

Lesnar might be a bigger problem, Overeem doesn't have insane power in his hands and Brock has shown he can take a punch. Again, I'm not sure if Overeem could handle Brock's take downs and top game, but if he managed to rock Lesnar I think he has the patience and technique to finish him.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Shane Carwin could not go 6 minutes.
I agree his crappy cardio has no excuse, but the fact that this was the first time he even had to go to second round tells alot about him. Also Fedor has decisioned much weaker opponents than Carwin has finished.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
- Brock has a horrible stand-up. Horrible!
- Brock has heart
- Carwin's gas tank is small
- Carwin is an engineer. I mean he is a smart person. But he definitely wasn't a smart fighter. When he had Brock turtled up he gassed himself trying to finnish him. He didn't pick his shots the way he should have and wasted a lot of energy
- I give Cain good chances against Brock. If Cain would have been in Carwin's position, on top of Brock, he would have finnished him. Also, Cain's gas tank is 10 times better than Carwin's. I would love to hear that Cain has put 10 lbs + already, since the announcement he will face winner of Carwin-Lesnar

My final thought...has to do something with Overeem. Can't help it. Other people mentioned his name :)
- Standing he kills Brock. On the ground, i see him equal. - On the ground he kills Carwin. Standing...at least equal.

Damn i wish he were in the UFC.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lesnar might be a bigger problem, Overeem doesn't have insane power in his hands and Brock has shown he can take a punch. Again, I'm not sure if Overeem could handle Brock's take downs and top game, but if he managed to rock Lesnar I think he has the patience and technique to finish him.
Overeem does have insane power in his knees. If Brock goes for a takedown, he could get caught with one of those big knees to the head. I don't see Brock taking one of those knees and still going forward.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.