Griffin
Ortiz
Coleman
Bonnar
T. Silva
W. Silva
Coutoure
Vera

STACKED...and Tough..incredible...time to open a 206-230 weight class?

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
do i see coleman and bonnar being mentioned?? lol and hendo isnt in the ufc anymore i think.

Didnt mention Bones Jones, Hamill or Bader = fail

·
Registered
643 Posts
UFC has always had a badass LHW division. Just need to pickup Mousasi and bring back Babalu. The weight class is exciting because most everyone has one-punch KO power, while still having good athleticism and cardio.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Champ ~ Machida

Rua
Evans
Bisping
Cane
Henderson
Rampage (if he returns)
Griffin
Ortiz
Coleman
Bonnar
T. Silva
W. Silva
Coutoure
Vera

STACKED...and Tough..incredible...time to open a 206-230 weight class?
Machida
Rua
Evans
Cane
Griffin
Antonio Rogerio
Ortiz
Jones
Hamill
Bader
Coleman
Bonnar
T. Silva
Jardine
Couture
Vera
A. Silva
Lidell?

I think this is a better representation of the UFC's LHW.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Oh shit, forgot he was signed by the UFC. Man now I'm excited.

He faces Luiz next IIRC?
This Saturday dude. :) I'm looking forward to that more than that stupid main event.

And you guys never mentioned The Janitor, Jardine, and of course, Rich Franklin...Which makes me sad. :(

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
This Saturday dude. :) I'm looking forward to that more than that stupid main event.

And you guys never mentioned The Janitor, Jardine, and of course, Rich Franklin...Which makes me sad. :(
Franklin is pretty much a 185 fighter IMO, and yeah for some reason I forgot Jardine. I suck.

edit: WOW I got neg repped for this post? thanks for not leaving your name, real brave.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may have missed some so not fail but a C+? LOL

Point is I think its funny that no one blinks an eye when a "265" pound guy (280 at fight time) fights a 240 pound guy...yet 195 vs. 180 is too much of a difference. I get it but its a bit odd.

:)

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
I may have missed some so not fail but a C+? LOL

Point is I think its funny that no one blinks an eye when a "265" pound guy (280 at fight time) fights a 240 pound guy...yet 195 vs. 180 is too much of a difference. I get it but its a bit odd.

:)
It's up to the fighter really... if you're not like Gonzaga or Carwin sized, drop down to LHW.

Crocop is 220. There's a ton of LHWs who are that at fight time. I'd bet guys like Rampage weigh MORE on fightnight.

Guys like Crocop, Kongo, Valesquez, IMO could all cut successfuly to 205 and avoid the 35lb potential weight difference.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I think they should make a 195 and a 225 or 230 pound class. Why not? It would only mean more title fights for us to see. It would work out great and I am almost positive that some day soon there will be a 230 pound class. It just makes sense. It would make a lot more ppvs more exciting instead of having them headlines by not even contendor fights like Vera COuture or Bisbing Leben.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
LHW is my favorite class, I am one for christ sake. But it has kind of slowed down a little recently. I just don't there are that many top contenders in the class that can hang with guys like Rua and Machida. I still love watching a versatile fighting machine and LHW is where its at!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
The lhw division is stacked, but I still think the lw division is the best in the world right now, even more so if they can manage to sign Gomi this week. That will be sick if the UFC can get him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts