Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few fighters and reporters are extremely impressed with Chucks physical conditioning but Ive had just 0 time to look around, still the comments on twitter are so positive its almost nut hugging so anyone have links to or pics of him?

I looked briefly and didn't see anything up.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Watching him on MMA Live last night he looked and sounded great. Feeling a lot more confident in my picks for the fights now. :thumbsup:

Also after watching TUF where Franklin is standing shoulder to shoulder with Griffin. He is going to be dwarfed by Chuck.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts

I'm on the Chuck bandwagon now. I'm prepared to be disappointed, but the key for me is his "healthnut" girlfriend. Who knows if it was just all fight hype, but apparently she's got him on a strict diet. Longevity for fighters is completely tied to diet. It's very possible he'll be a new fighter. Then again, Franklin's a bad ass.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
Like I said, if he's doing it legit, that's great, but this reminds me of the Leben transformation for his Bisping fight.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Ya that thing they showed with Chuck at home having those pre-made veggie meals by his wife was impressive. This guy isn't coming in to the UFC just for another paycheck, he wants the belt.

I put money on him over Franklin at +115, if he wins, he's getting a huge fight - Lyoto or Rampage.

Ace is still the favorite to win and my favorite guy in MMA, I picked Chuck though. At weigh ins or by fight night I bet the lines are going to be even, or even swing for Chuck ---- just like Rampage V Rashad.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Ya that thing they showed with Chuck at home having those pre-made veggie meals by his wife was impressive. This guy isn't coming in to the UFC just for another paycheck, he wants the belt.

I put money on him over Franklin at +115, if he wins, he's getting a huge fight - Lyoto or Rampage.

Ace is still the favorite to win and my favorite guy in MMA, I picked Chuck though. At weigh ins or by fight night I bet the lines are going to be even, or even swing for Chuck ---- just like Rampage V Rashad.
Why would beating someone with no wins at LHW following 2 consecutive KO losses catapult Chuck to the top to face guys like Machida or Rampage? That makes no sense.
Chuck is old and washed up, Rich will finish his ass quick.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Why would beating someone with no wins at LHW following 2 consecutive KO losses catapult Chuck to the top to face guys like Machida or Rampage? That makes no sense.
Chuck is old and washed up, Rich will finish his ass quick.
There was an "if" there that you missed. And I'm not sure Rampage is really a top guy. He lost to Forrest, Evans and almost to Jardine. He beat Henderson barley. IF Chuck wins impressively, I think were' looking at Liddell/Rampage 3.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Right now Lil Nog should be the #2 contender after his last uh "Win"

If Chuck beats Franklin, that's a legit LHW win over a top guy, if either wins they'll likely fight Lyoto or Rampage in line as top contender.

Whose left (not to say they're better, but):

One "win" streak
Forrest

Guys coming off losses:

Lyoto
Rampage

Young Guys
Bader
Jon Jones

Wild Card 12 fight win streak & most dominant fighter in UFC history
Anderson Silva

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Right now Lil Nog should be the #2 contender after his last uh "Win"

If Chuck beats Franklin, that's a legit LHW win over a top guy, if either wins they'll likely fight Lyoto or Rampage in line as top contender.

Whose left (not to say they're better, but):

One "win" streak
Forrest

Guys coming off losses:

Lyoto
Rampage

Young Guys
Bader
Jon Jones

Wild Card 12 fight win streak & most dominant fighter in UFC history
Anderson Silva
I feel sorry for the gate keep that meets Jones.

And I don't think Lil Nog has eared the #2 spot in Dana's mind yet.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I feel sorry for the gate keep that meets Jones.

And I don't think Lil Nog has eared the #2 spot in Dana's mind yet.
Seriously, same here - I think Jon Jones had to have picked the opponent here though. 6.5 to 1 favorite over - Vladimir Matyushenko (39 y.o wrestler), this will be a sparring session to hone his skills. I would have setup Thiago Silva to meet Bones Jones to see somewhat of a possible fight, see how strong he is relative to Rashad.

I would love to see Anderson take the LHW belt and fight Bones, win or lose - his last UFC fight.

After that, go over to Strikeforce and challenge Fedor.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I'd like to see a Jones/T.Silva matchup. Wouldn't be surprised if that came to be early next year. I think A. Silva may actually get the next shot at the belt after Evans. And I actually think A. Silva can take every LHW in the UFC. A Bader Jones matchup seems to make sense also. I don't think a loss for one of these will be a huge problem in their careers. It'll be crazy if Chuck can keep up with this division.

Let's just hope Rua stays healthy. :(

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Chuck looks the most conditioned I've ever seen him. What the hell :confused02:

He must have stopped mixing his protein shakes with alcohol.[/QUOTE]

Lolz...lolz...you never cease to make me laugh!!!

Vodka, vanilla shake with some tonic.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Man Chuck looks like he is serious now. Hopefully he can get a win but I am not sure. Franklin is no joke and has only been beaten by Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort. He is an outstanding fighter and I think he is a bit more well rounded than Liddell is. I can't vote against Liddell though!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts