Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a couple years since Chuck lost to Quinton Jackson so it seems many people forgot just how badly Chuck was dominated in that fight. Chuck did hold a bit of his own but he was clearly outclassed and that brutal ground and pound at the end is the stuff nightmares are made of. Let's be honest, as dominant as Chuck has been at UFC, I feel that is a major tarnish on his record that he needs to redeem. Any prospects of him facing Jackson again? Does he even want to? I think he stands a better chance against Wanderlei Silva to be honest.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think that is why they wanted him to fight Wandela Silva (sp?). If he beat WS then it would sort of erase that mark from his record. Since WS beat the hell out of Rampage......twice. The last one was a brutal knock out. However it doesnt look like that fight will happen now.

I watched that fight between him and chuck like a week ago again, yeah he got his ass handed to him, however he looked NOTHING like he does today. He has improved alot since then, should/would have been a great fight!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blackskimmer said:
I think that is why they wanted him to fight Wandela Silva (sp?). If he beat WS then it would sort of erase that mark from his record. Since WS beat the hell out of Rampage......twice. The last one was a brutal knock out. However it doesnt look like that fight will happen now.

I watched that fight between him and chuck like a week ago again, yeah he got his ass handed to him, however he looked NOTHING like he does today. He has improved alot since then, should/would have been a great fight!
Really, I actually thought Chuck looked liked himself, didn't seem out of place at Pride because he was fighting in a ring rather than an octagon ... I just think he was beat by a better fighter

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i dont think he needs to beat rampage to prove anything to us. maybe to himself. but quinton doesnt have that killer instinct he used to have. i wouldnt be surprised if ramapge didnt even want to fight chuck again.he will probably just stay with the wfa, and just take solice in the fact that he already beat chuck, and be satisfied. i think a re-match would be a walk in the park for chuck at this stage in his career. but i also think if he wants to go out as the best guy there ever was at 205 he has to beat wand and vice versa.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Slick_Fugitive said:
Really, I actually thought Chuck looked liked himself, didn't seem out of place at Pride because he was fighting in a ring rather than an octagon ... I just think he was beat by a better fighter

Yep i defintely agree, Rampage just seemed hungrier. He almost got slammed but Chuck grabbed the ropes to prevent it. It would be great fight but i just think Rampage has Chucks number..........

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i think so, with the way the shogun and wandy beat rampage and the way rampage beat chuck there is always that image in the back of my mind of chuck gettin dominated and that he shouldnt be #1..personally i feel shogun is still #1, that loss to coleman shouldnt count, and b4 that every mma magazine or poll had shogun #1

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kaiser1041 said:
chuck has improved a lot since then and hes got the winning mentality wich is another weapon but its the fight i want to c most exept maybe fedor kicking the smug look off fat sylvias ugly mug
I really don't think Chuck's stand up looks any different than it did against Rampage ... Chuck did show us he is good at making adjustments after Couture beat him so you never know, he could beat Rampage ... he might feel the "home turf advantage" at the UFC too ... I'd really love to see this fight again!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think Chuck was the chuck we know know today; but he's definitely improved as well.

Unfortunately; Rampage doesn't seem like he's at the top of his game anymore; getting knocked out by knees and then taking another one to the face will do that to you(Rampage vs Silva,2nd fight).

Still; no one can say Silva OWNS rampage. Both those fights could have gone either way but Silva did pull through twice so I'm not trying to take anything away from him.

Chuck doesn't have to prove anything, but it would be nice to see him fight some tough battles.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Slick Fugitive...Good point about Quinton Jackson. Rampage did dominate Chuck in Pride FC Final Conflict 2004. Chuck's corner actually threw in the towel! Rampage is one of my favorite fighters, but he also lost twice to Wandy. If Chuck avoids Quinton's trademark Slams, keeping him up on his feet...Chuck has a good chance for a KO. Q can strike well, but if Liddell connects with a solid hard right that lands flush on Rampage's face...sweet dreams Q. I know Chuck is hungry for redemption, but Rampage is certainly a fighter noone shouldn't take lightly. Rampage is fearless too. Liddell vs. Rampage 2 will be awesome no doubt!...

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Chuck vs Rampage fight was more like over 3 years ago btw. Anyways Chuck has shown and accomplished much more since then. There is a reason why everyone has just kinda forgotten about Rampage and want to see SIlva vs Chuck. Rampage is not the same fighter he used to be if you've been following his more recent fights. I'd love a rematch of CHuck vs Rampage and I"m sure Chuck does too since I know he's itching to just get that loss avenged. Chuck would be in kill mode if that fight happened lol. The 2 LHW fighters that have shown and proved the most more recently are Silva and Chuck which is why they are ranked the top 2 in the world. Hopefully it will happen in 2007.

·
Banned
0 Posts
It's tough to say, since they've both won 6 fights.....after their fight which was 3 years ago. They're each totally different fighters and Chuck isn't the chuck we knew back then..so if they were to have a rematch, I don't think it would be a good idea for Rampage to take him so lightly. I still want Wandy/Chuck to happen.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.