Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..Everybody is jacked up about this fight and I don't know why. I think Chuck will knock him out even FASTER than the 1st fight. Tito has nowhere near the striking ability & timing that Chuck has. Tito will be lucky to hold off Chuck through round 1. Liddell by brutal KO rounds 1 or 2.

P.S. " Right now Chuck is at the top of his game, he's the best that he's ever been. He's the best in the world at landing the 1 punch that ends the fight" Randy Couture. " That knockout power is so hard for fighters to deal with, once that guy connects on you, it's only a matter of time" Joe Rogan

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
i think he is the hardest striker to ever be in the LHW class. I do think tito will lose but i think he has a better chance than we give him credit for. if tito could make chuck dance around the ring for 3 round it will be tito's fight. but still, i dont see that happening

chuck by tko 2-3 round

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt...nice try,but Tito with an easy victory?..LOL...Liddell is definitely not Ken Shamrock, and personally I wasn't impressed with Tito's wins against Ken. Hell Ken was washed up a while back. Beating a has been 3 times is not impressive. Chuck has the best takedown defense, he can Wrestle, but his KO power is unmatched. Chuck's timing is right on Key. Tito is overmatched in every catagory except for his Cardio. But...Babalu had great Cardio for UFC 62,and that only lasted 1:35. All in all, at some point Tito will be forced to exchange will Chuck...that's when it will happen..Tito will get busted up like he did the first time. Chuck will KO Tito again...I just can't wait to see it!

P.S. wait till Tito has to face Wandy or Rampage...lol

·
Banned
216 Posts
It will be a close fight either way. If Tito can get chuck to the ground or wait to make his move in the third he could win. If he trades with Chuck will be an easy knockout. Im gonna say Tito because he wants it bad and he tarining hard for this fight harder then anyone before.

Tito knockout third round:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
F-Dog....cool post..Yeah Randy was the man. HOFamer. He also whooped Victor Belfort too, and at the time they both were undefeated. Everybody thought the Liddell/Babalu II would be a close 1 too. lol. Tito is very good at Takedowns...Chuck's got the best Takedown Defense. What is Tito to do now? Outpunch Chuck?...lol! Submit him?..nope. " I can do some ground work and Wrestle, but I'm most dangerous up on my feet. I'm gonna keep you up on your feet and try to knock you out. " I am the best in the world...without question" Chuck Liddell.

P.S. Does anybody think Tito could get a win in Pride?...LMAO
Chuck did back in 2003. 1st rd KO against Alistair Overeem...Overeem would
whoop Tito with his amazing knees and awesome striking ability.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Tito has a way better shot this time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Every one who thinks this will be a one sided fight will be very disappointed, that fight is going to be a war. I really think that Tito is going to win, in there first fight he really didn’t even try to take Chuck down (yes I know Chuck has the best sprawl in the business) so every one will see what Tito Ortiz is capable of in December. I don’t want to hear any one bring up the Forest Griffin fight, Tito was injured so as long as he is 100% healthy in December his takedowns will look a lot better than they did in that fight. If Chuck did not grab the fence every time he was pushed up against it obviously that would make things a lot easier for Tito to get him to the ground. I’m not bashing on Chuck in any way, I like watching him fight but he does grab the fence every time he gets the chance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chuck is really perfectly matched up to beat Tito. The only why Tito has a chance is to last into the late in the fight and get Chuck tired so he can take him down. I just dont think it will happen.

Tito has been on a downward trend for a while he needs prove him self in this fight. You do have to look at the Griffin fight, Tito had the opportunity to win it early but he could not finish Griffin.

I would like to see Tito win I am sick of seeing Chuck beat up on sub par opponents.

Good Luck Tito.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not really, like I said Tito was injured so I wouldn’t compare that fight to any of his future fights if he is at 100%, especially as far as his take downs go. A healthy, confident Tito is a very dangerous opponent so I really think he can win the fight in December!

·
Registered
40 Posts
As I saw last night, Tito has a very good strike with his fists as that's how he beat Shamrock so easily, but I have heard that Liddel has the same quality and from someone I have heard that he has a better strike, but as a newbie to mma I will go for Ortiz on this one.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, even though Tito is getting better at striking it is a fact that Chuck Liddell is a better striker on the feet, better than any one in the UFC for that matter. For Tito to win he will have to get the fight on the ground and that is what he is going to do.

·
Registered
40 Posts
From what I saw, going to ground is the first thing that Tito will try to do, if Liddel is smart he will avoid that straight away and keep the first on feet.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, that will definitely be Tito’s game plan but Chuck Liddell has the best sprawl in the business and he likes to grab the fence so it will not be easy for Tito. Tito is also known for his great cardio so if the fight goes past the 3rd round that should be an advantage for Tito. Chuck is one of the best counter punchers in all of MMA so Tito also needs to make sure not to chase Liddell with his chin out there, this fight is going to be a war man. I have said it many times, I really think Tito will win this fight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tito is a veteran in the ring, he should be smart enough to chase Liddel, he will let Lidden chase him and that way he will get him to ground, I am looking forward to this fight too, but I also say Tito will win.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Liddell/Ortiz 2

...This second fight will end this crazy saga. You can state the facts, know that Tito got KO'd the 1st time, but in December it will settle the score. Tito is in the fight of his life...Chuck is at his peak at ending a fight with 1 shot. Mike Goldberg UFC 62 " When you speak about Babalu you think Wrestling, he better take this fight down or Chuck may very well knock him out".
Same quote applies to Tito...plain & simple...Chuck's timing, striking ability & that massive KO power will prevent Tito from getting a chance to shoot for a takedown. Babalu didn't even get a chance to shoot. I think Chuck will force Tito into an exchange really early...always remember, all Chuck needs to do is connect once...to either end the fight quickly..or putting the dude to sleep with a KO. Tito has half the chin the Chuck has. add it all up...

Liddell/Ortiz 1.....Ditto

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
F-dog......lol..ha ha...love that pic dude. Nothing better than to see Tito's huge melon get busted up...lol! Funny, I think that picture will look identical to the next Chuck/Tito fight. Tito covering up for his life...and Chuck teeing off like Tiger Woods...

...I hope Chuck floats Tito a couple of birds again like he did at their first weigh-in/face off...lol!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts