Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Future Champ said:
Assuming that Chuck beats Silva, is there any chance that Tito takes the title away from Liddell?:dunno:
I thought the Silva fight was called off? Anyway to answer your question,
NO WAY!
Tito couldn't beat Chuck the first time. He doesn't stand a chance the second time no matter how bad he wants it!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
the silva fight was never even made official lol dana just spouted off on it, but it was never signed and sealed. As for Tito beating Chuck.....Tito is on a roll right now, not saying that Chuck isnt, but its def. going to be alot closer than the first fight in my opinion.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That fight was just like word of mouth, Dana said they were going to but never made it official, I don't see it happening. And I also don't see Tito beating Chuck. Chuck's been doing real well, I just don't see Tito taking the belt from him at this point in his career, Chucks at the top of his game.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Chuck will beat Tito by KO again.But after that i dont know what is next for liddell.But i know he want be fighting Wandy anytime soon unless Pride Real Deal is a big flop and Pride needs more exposure in the US to make it here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Too bad about the Wandy Liddell fight. Tito has awsome take-downs but we all know chuck is the master of take-down defence. Tito will definitly play it smart and wait for the shoot, thats his only chance to win.... Stand-up, forget about it, Tito gets KO all day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
the silva fight was never even made official lol dana just spouted off on it, but it was never signed and sealed. As for Tito beating Chuck.....Tito is on a roll right now, not saying that Chuck isnt, but its def. going to be alot closer than the first fight in my opinion.
Didn't the same thing happen with Couture and Wanderlei a few years back?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tito has a better than most shot at beating chuck. There is a video on Youtrbe that has Chuck calling Tito out and saying "if you stand in here with me, I'll knock you out". These fighters take alot of things to heart, so all Tito did was train at stand up. If he another gameplan he definatlety could maybe with a little poosibilty do well enough to win.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Tito is a a top LHW so of course he has a shot..He just cant go in with the same gameplan as the first fight..He has to go in there and make chuck Fight his fight, Clinch throw knees, and get him down on the mat..and get someelbows flying..Very tough match up for Tito, if i had to pick id say Chuck, but Tito has more than a chance of winning

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, Tito has to get inside, I think that's the key for Tito... Clinch knees/dirtyboxing, change it up maybe, have Liddell guessing on the shoot, he has to get Liddell on the mat and hold em there....

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Titos only chance is to somehow survive the first 3 rounds and take him down and finish him in the fourth or fifths. I don't think Tito can get past Chuck takedown defense in the first 2. But Tito has much better cardio than Chuck therefore he might get past it in the later rounds. But I think the fisrt two or three rounds will be mainly a stand up battle with Chuck dominating.

·
Registered
128 Posts
At UFC 60, Dana didn't announce anything. They said that Silva had something to say, then he called Chuck into the ring to challenge him.

Sorry to state this, but Tito's mouth is definitely just too much. He will absolutely get knocked out on December 30th by Chuck.

·
Banned
216 Posts
No way Tito is the only person on the earth who still has a chance of beating him. I say Tito fifth round knockout. If Chuck does win i think he will probley retire with the title cause nobodys gonna beat him.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
foxman69 said:
No way Tito is the only person on the earth who still has a chance of beating him. I say Tito fifth round knockout. If Chuck does win i think he will probley retire with the title cause nobodys gonna beat him.
He may be the only guy in the UFC with a chance, but there are guys in Pride who have more than a chance at beating Chuck

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
semiconductor said:
The only one in Pride having a chance is CroCop!
Are you serious!! I've always ranked Chuck ahead of the Pride LHWs but to say no one but Cro Cop has a chance in obsurd. First off not only does Cro Cop have a chance, he would be heavily favored, seeing he's a heavyweight and just better all around. Secondly not only would about 4 Pride LHWs have a chance but alot of people favor them over Liddell.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hmm interesting, I havent been too familiar with Pride fighting over the years, and was not aware that CroCop was a heavy weight. I seen a few of his fights and he looks very deadly, as far as other contenders in Pride to beat Liddell, like I said im not too familiar with the rest, but interesting point. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts