Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...This is gonna be huge. More people than you can imagine will watch this fight. Most of us know Quinton Jackson dominated Chuck Liddell in their first fight. I remember Chuck's corner throwing in the towel! Now that was almost 3 years ago. We all know Chuck is at the top of his game, but Rampage is a Slam freak and a ground & pound beast. If he starts slamming Chuck, Ice could be in serious trouble. Quinton has good striking ability too, but not as good as Chuck's though. Rampage will be Chuck's BIGGEST test at his takedown defense. Chuck has redeemed 2 of his 3 losses...1 more to go. WOW..this fight will have so much potential. I think everybody wants to see this matchup:thumbsup:

..my call...Rampage getting at least 1 slam in, Chuck surviving, then back to the feet it will go...Chuck gets the KO by round 2.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can see this fight happening if Chuck get's by Tito and Wand.Mabey sometime in late 2007.I'm not sure if these fighter's are under a contract with a certain org. or can they just jump around to were the fights are.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Chuck Liddell would kill Quinton Jackson this time. I could see it ending with Liddell winning by 1st Round KO.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Liddell seems to be getting better with every fight and his sprawl and brawl is top notch. I see Liddell probably winning this time but if he dosent Ramapage will still go through a war.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
MMA1990 said:
Liddell seems to be getting better with every fight and his sprawl and brawl is top notch. I see Liddell probably winning this time but if he dosent Ramapage will still go through a war.
Quinton Jackson has never been the same since he fought Wanderlei... although.... i dont think he would even accept this fight.. its basically whats keeping his name alive right now... hes the only person to beat Chuck thats hasnt had it come back to him...

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
ye if they fought again i just dont see quinton beating chuck. the iceman gets better with every fight .

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Organik said:
Quinton Jackson has never been the same since he fought Wanderlei... although.... i dont think he would even accept this fight.. its basically whats keeping his name alive right now... hes the only person to beat Chuck thats hasnt had it come back to him...
I completly agree. I dont see rampage taking the fight for the reasons you stated. Even though I really want him to.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I agree with Organik but I also would add a reason this fight couldn't take place would be cuz Rampage is under contract with the WFA which pays a lot more than UFC and I think Chuck may be retired before Rampage's contract is up. This fight would be insane though but I do think Liddell could avenge this loss...but if he does that then you think there would be Iceman/Rampage 3???

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
this on is crazy..i would love to see this, chuck need the cage though, i think he would lose again if he faught in pride

·
Registered
42 Posts
Neither are pretty striking in technique, but I see the fight going the same way. Jackson has a head like a rock, he's stronger, more aggressive, has better cardio, and is more well rounded. Chuck hit him with bombs the first time, Jackson didn't fall like most do and got in bombs himself that hurt Chuck. He outstruck Chuck that first fight hands down and the slams just set Chuck into almost a give up mode just like when he was punded out by Couture the first time. A wounded Chuck is a less dangerous fighter.

·
Registered
279 Posts
MickWrath said:
Neither are pretty striking in technique, but I see the fight going the same way. Jackson has a head like a rock, he's stronger, more aggressive, has better cardio, and is more well rounded. Chuck hit him with bombs the first time, Jackson didn't fall like most do and got in bombs himself that hurt Chuck. He outstruck Chuck that first fight hands down and the slams just set Chuck into almost a give up mode just like when he was punded out by Couture the first time. A wounded Chuck is a less dangerous fighter.
I agree with this assesment to the degree that Liddell seems to run out of options if he can't KO his man because they nullify or can take his punch. Page don't shoot in from far out.

Jackson is kind of like Karo Parysian in that he gets close to you to grab you in order to take you down versus shooting from a distance. The difference between Page and Karo is that Parysian uses Judo throws, whereas Jackson uses wrestling to lift opponents by their hips and/or legs for the slam. And this is done after he's worked his way in behind a stiff jab, hard rights and hooks. I have yet to see how Jackson would do against a thinking fighter who uses movement and looks to counter his opponents leads. Chuck was the opposite of this the last time him and Page fought so this is another one that's hard for me to call. Especially considering the training Quinton is getting up in Big Bear now that he's no longer in Pride.

Liddell has a good sprawl, but seems lost against a physically stronger opponent who can control him close using Greco Roman techniques.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I fully agree, its totally lost against strong pickups. I maybe in the minority here but I think if Tito picks up Chuck like he did with Tanner and like Jackson did with Chuck, I'd say he's got an excellent chance of winning. I hope now that Jackson is out of Pride he will step into the UFC. It would give Chuck a chance to redeem that loss, which I do think he has earned.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
If they fought in UFC, chuck would connect enough to get the stoppage...

His looping hooks always surprise the heck outta me when they connect, its like the opponent doesnt see it coming AT ALL.

Quinton has got a chin, but without being able to drop those knees on Liddell's head when hes grounded, forget it...

It would be all Chuck... and im NOT a Chuck fan

·
Registered
279 Posts
attention said:
If they fought in UFC, chuck would connect enough to get the stoppage...

His looping hooks always surprise the heck outta me when they connect, its like the opponent doesnt see it coming AT ALL.

Quinton has got a chin, but without being able to drop those knees on Liddell's head when hes grounded, forget it...

It would be all Chuck... and im NOT a Chuck fan
Dude, please don't start that UFC - PRIDE thing. Liddell was'nt the moving countering fighter he is now. Jackson, as well, is getting training he did not get over in Pride. And considering he stopped smoking and is training in high altitudes up in big bear and with the variety of training partners I'd say this style overhaul by both provides for a second fight for the two that may eclipse the first.

So be assure that it's not the organization but the 2 fighters and their professional development as Jackson can do damage from up top using other weapons, not just knees.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
I agree with Organik but I also would add a reason this fight couldn't take place would be cuz Rampage is under contract with the WFA which pays a lot more than UFC and I think Chuck may be retired before Rampage's contract is up. This fight would be insane though but I do think Liddell could avenge this loss...but if he does that then you think there would be Iceman/Rampage 3???
how much does the WFA actually pay its that organization run by don king right?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
aznmaniac0909 said:
how much does the WFA actually pay its that organization run by don king right?
i heard rampage got like 200,000. so he isnt coming to the ufc to get like 21,000. its just not going to happen. i asked quinton when i saw him at a ufc event if he was going to fight chuck again and he said we'll see. neither of them are the fighters they used to be. and the difference is chuck got better a rampage lost a step. i think chuck would win this fight in the first rd. back then i knew rampage was going to win. i thought he was unstoppable, unless you caught him in a sub, and then he fought wand. and i was like DAMN, then the second time they fought, it was made clear how to beat him, clinch, and throw the knees. then he fought ninja, and i dont care what the judges said, even quinton knew he lost that fight. he was trying to give ninja the trophy after the fight. then shogun beat whatever he had left out of him. if the old rampage came back we might see another win over chuck. but im still waiting for the old vitor, the old kerr, the old tank, the old royce..etc. sometimes you hit a point and thats it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jdun11 said:
this on is crazy..i would love to see this, chuck need the cage though, i think he would lose again if he faught in pride
I agree Chucks entire "get back up" strategy is based on having the cage to leverage his body against and slide back up.

Those ropes do nothing for you. In the cage Liddel. In the ring? If Liddel got taken down once he might be in a world of trouble.

If i was liddel i wouldnt hesitate for a rematch in the cage, the ring however........

·
Registered
190 Posts
j.farrell said:
i heard rampage got like 200,000. so he isnt coming to the ufc to get like 21,000.
I am sure he would get more than that.

j.farrell said:
neither of them are the fighters they used to be. and the difference is chuck got better a rampage lost a step. ...but im still waiting for the old vitor, the old kerr, the old tank, the old royce..etc. sometimes you hit a point and thats it.
I could not agree with you more. With all the hang ups of fighting across legues there are much better fighters I would like to see fight Chuck, Shogun and Wandy, before I would like to see the rematch.

I think that Rampage would take the fight again. He does not seem like the kind of guy that would back down from a fight just because the odds were against him or he would not have faught wandy again.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts