Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thoughts? opinions? it has been announced, Silva will fight chuck in the UFC in November. it was announced midway through UFC 61

·
Registered
20 Posts
chuck vs. silva

Chuck is not the same fighter that went to pride, or that lost to Randy. He knows his weakness is being on the mat, and he will stay on his feet until he gets his shot. Silva is the more well rounded fighter, but so was Randy. If you stand in front of Chuck long enough you will get hit, and we have all seen what tends to follow. It is great to see Dana White bringing in more top talent, and who's not ready for Rich Franklin vs. Anderson Silva!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
If Chuck can avoid Silva's ground and pound he will probably win but if Silva gets him to the mat I think he will win. I have been impressed with Chucks ability to avoid getting taken down.

·
Banned
495 Posts
I i dont know if silva can get a ground and pound unless he can throw his knee's in,Lol but then again im not sure what rules cause he wont be able to use them on the ground.Liddell has that knock out punch i wouldn't bet on this one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would have to disagree...

thebroken said:
they're both strong but i see chuck winning this just because he has a more solid stand up game.
I really dont see Chuck having a better standing Game than Silva, I mean yeah Silva tends to get a little careless at times but only against those opponets that he knows he can. are we all forgetting that not too long ago Silva battled against Mirko Cro cop in pride in a Super Bout and did an outstanding job on his feet demonstrating that he can easily tranform into the thinking more tactical fighter that we are not use to seeing from silva. I dont think Chuck is half the stricker that Mirko is and that being said Chuck does not have twenty pounds on Silva like Mirko did. I think that in the end silva will come out with a Wanderlei style victory. also in order to really test two Champions such as Chuck and Silva you cant put them in a venue such as UFC, there are too many rules. we need to see Silva at his Purest wich is in Pride. Im sorry but UFC has a slogan we all know and that Slogan is "As real as it gets" I beg to differ Pride is as real as it gets and SILVA is the definition of NHB.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Due to all of the hype and the UFC rules and background Chuck will get home advantage and definitely beat Wanderlei in my opinion. Wanderlei needs to be in his home in order to win this match. He wasn't that great of a fighter in UFC, he lost to Ortiz and Belfort but when he went to PRIDE he dominated there. If it was in a PRIDE ring and hometown, Chuck would be murdered you remember he wasn't good in the ring with Quinton. If Wanderlei goes to a UFC octagon against the best Light Heavyweight in UFC expect him to lose.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The rules don't even matter much at all. Both guys want to stand and trade because they both have horrible ground offense. Except in the UFC Silva can use his elbows, so he'd actually do better in the UFC against Chuck than if they were fighting in Pride. I have no clue why people would think the UFC rules would hurt Wandy against Chuck.

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
samurice said:
The rules don't even matter much at all. Both guys want to stand and trade because they both have horrible ground offense. Except in the UFC Silva can use his elbows, so he'd actually do better in the UFC against Chuck than if they were fighting in Pride. I have no clue why people would think the UFC rules would hurt Wandy against Chuck.
About the only thing that I can add to that: Just because Wanderlei can't stomp guys while they're down, or throw soccer kicks to their head, doesn't mean he won't stop using his MT Clinch to Knee repeatedly. Open up the fact that he can throw elbows, and your trading one piece of offense for the other.

When Rampage stopped Chuck, it was in the clinch. When Cotoure stopped Chuck, it was in the clinch. Granted Chuck has gotten a lot better since then, but Wanderlei's style fits the mold.

But Chuck has gotten a lot better, and has a lot of skills that he hasn't needed to dip into. He also has the potential to put opponents to sleep with one big punch.

This is going to be good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Liddell Vs Silva

Chuck is one tough guy. He has a very good stand up and very tough to keep down to pound now. If he works on his ground game he will win.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Jameson said:
Chuck is one tough guy. He has a very good stand up and very tough to keep down to pound now. If he works on his ground game he will win.
I hear chuck has an awesome ground game but apperently just uses his skills to avoid the take down, A smart move since this seems to be his style would be to take someone to the ground it would be the last thing one would expect fighting Chuck

·
Registered
19 Posts
No question about it Silva has this one.
Hes much more powerful, His striking is better then Liddell's if you don't believe me then I suggest you watch some of his Current PRIDE fights.
All of you that say hes not going to be good in the UFC because he lost to Ortiz and Belfort are wrong, if you haven't noticed that was quite awhile ago.
Silva's got vicious knees that have been demonstrated many times.
All im really wondering is how Silva will finish liddell. Either way im happy cause I cannot stand Liddell and all you people on the Liddell banwagon are stupid. It's about time Dana makes some smart decisions by bringing in some PRIDE fighters that are worth watching like Anderson Silva.
All UFC needs is Mirko to come in and show people what real Standup is all about.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts