Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel that both of these things can enhance the show. I am pretty sure some japanese promotions do it, it would create a larger than life atmosphere.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
While the entrances in Pride were flashy and entertaining, I really dont want that in the UFC. If you would have to do that, Fighters would have to do the stuff they did in Pride, which could add another 5 minutes before a fight starts.

I dont know about anyone here, But I could care less about the entrances, I just want to see the fighters do what they get paid to do..fight.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Personally its never been something thats important to me. I wouldn't dislike it if they did it but I wouldn't start liking the UFC more if they did. However adding some show to the event would probably hype other people up and could be a benefit so I say they do it, at least for the big fights.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
They would need to change the whole layout of the event if they did IMO.

The way Strikeforce has it for example looks terrible and actually makes the presentation look worse.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
You can still make flashy entrances in UFC if you want to, just not super flashy Pride/WWE style entrances with fireworks and light shows. As mentioned above though those things are so irrelevant that it doesn't really matter.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
I think dimming the lights for some of the main eventers is good enough.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to have Pride-style entrances only for the main events. would definitely hype up the fight and bring everything to a fever pitch.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Is this a WWE forum?

Leave the christmas lights on the tree and the fire at the fireside.

That would be ridiculous and turn UFC in a cartoonish thing...

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Screw the pyros and lights I want Chael Sonnen to come with a massive cross ala Kimo and Joe Don.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lights? Whatever.

Pyro? That just sounds like a way to get somebody blown up and set this shit back tremendously. Look what happened to Michael Jackson.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
UFC doesn't need pyrotechnics to enhance the show. Its fine just the way it is.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is this a WWE forum?

Leave the christmas lights on the tree and the fire at the fireside.

That would be ridiculous and turn UFC in a cartoonish thing...
I got the insparation from the Wrestling forum on the VBuliten network however DREAM and Strikeforece has both donr pyros.

I think it could be used to hype a fight. I feel that MMA and wrestling can borrow a lot from each other, if they colaberate they can enhance both of their products.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Leave the Wrestling (the phony stuff) where it belongs, Bimboland...

At the very best one could look at it and learn what not to do!

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I got the insparation from the Wrestling forum on the VBuliten network however DREAM and Strikeforece has both donr pyros.

I think it could be used to hype a fight. I feel that MMA and wrestling can borrow a lot from each other, if they colaberate they can enhance both of their products.
I do not need any aspects of ******* dancing entering the UFC. Pride did it, but Pride also had a more pro wrestling feel. They had guys in costumes, guys from pro wrestling, and fixed fights. I don't want any of that in the UFC.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.