Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this quote on Calgarysun.com

Quote "Former UFC lightweight champ Jens Pulver -- the only man to ever hold that title -- will fight at UFC 63 in Anaheim Sept. 23. It will be Lil Evil's first time in the Octagon in four years. He will take on Joe Lauzon. The UFC did away with the lightweight division years ago but has recently reintroduced it."

I hate to sound like i don't know anythng, but why is there no lightweight champ?????

·
Banned
209 Posts
I cant wait to see how time has changed Jens....I am looking forward to this for sure. As far as no champ, they did away with the class and the title so it is up for grabs since they are bringing it back.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It wasn't a strong enough division for them to bring back the belt, they were to afraid in bringing it back and what i think is basically having the same problem they do in heavyweight division where they have a few fighters that are good, but not to many worthy challengers.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The good thing is that this division has expanded so much, and it's PACKED full of awesome fighters and worthy contenders. Whoever wins the Lightweight title is irrelevent because Spencer Fisher is gonna take that shit anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts