Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Nogueira: “I have to be ready for everything” Thursday 22nd of April 2010 10:12 AM

By Guilherme Cruz

Photo Josh Hedges

Back to the UFC after a great debut with a knockout, Rogerio “Minotouro” Nogueira is working hard for his fight against the former champion Forrest Griffin, on May 29 in Las Vegas (UFC 114).

"We are mixing a lot of Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing, a bit of takedown defense, leg attacks... Griffin is a very complete guy, when you think he'll exchange he can take you to the ground, he varies widely, so I have to be ready for everything," said the tough guy to TATAME.

Training in Rio de Janeiro, Minotouro expects to grow even more in this category, which already has big names in MMA nationwide. "I'm there by merit. I’ve been in the fight’s world for a while now, I want to be among the best. The goal is to win, but without disregarding Griffin. I know he has the potential to lead this fight, but I'm pretty confident and I want to keep improving," says Rogério, believing that he must overcome many challenges to reach the belt.

"Brazil is well represented (on this category), but there are good American fighter in the same category, such as Rashad (Evans), Quinton Jackson ... There are many good people to fight with ... You cannot predict what will happen, but what I want is to be undefeated in the event and remain on top”, he concluded.
http://tatame.com/2010/04/22/Nogueira--I-have-to-be-ready-for-everything

Man, I dig this fight.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
isnt that the best tactic of them all?? taking what the opponent gives you??

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think Forrest is a smarter fighter than he used to be. Example...Rampage vs Forrest..Had he went in there to strictly brawl it would have been a short night. He had a game plan and stuck to it (leg kicks). In his early days the game plan would have been out the door the first time he got popped in the mouth.

Nog is smart to mix up his training as Forrest is dangerous everywhere.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I can not wait for this card. I get to see two really good LHW fights that could send the division in a couple of directions. Here is me wishing that the bricks fall so I get my Lil Nog v Rua rematch. I also hope to see Evans send Rampage a beating.

·
Banned
820 Posts
This is a big fight that should be very exciting, but as a fan I'm a little trepidicious out of not wanting to see either guy lose.

I know how you feel. I find myself favoring a lot of fighters in the LHW division, and it sucks because I am always torn between who I want to win, but what makes picking Lil Nog easier is that I have Lyoto beating Rua, and in my eyes that would be a perfect set up for the rematch between Lil Nog and Rua.

Reactions: dudeabides

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Forrest has to keep his distance on the feet (stick and move, and avoid all out close in brawls; just like he did against Rampage) and go for takedowns. I hope that's what he's training to do, because if he just tries to "Bonnar" Lil' Nog he'll get TKOd or lose every round. On paper this matchup looks bad for Griffin but on paper every fight looks bad for Griffin so that's not really anything new. He's a hard guy to count out no matter how good his opponent is.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
for some reason i think Forrest has a miracle left in him and a semi title run left in him.

im not gonna give up on him yet. this fight is huge for his immediate future for sure.

btw, who left me the nice neg rep "i dont like you, never have"?? lol real couragous to say that and then not leave a name. cool story, bro

Reactions: AceofSpades187

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Lil Nog should take this one decisively.

Forrest is going to have to stay long and use the same game plan that he did for Rampage....

Problem is I don't see Noguiera having a problem checking kicks...

I think Lil Nog get's Forrests timing and range in the first... and stops him in the second.

·
Registered
404 Posts
for some reason i think Forrest has a miracle left in him and a semi title run left in him.

im not gonna give up on him yet. this fight is huge for his immediate future for sure.

btw, who left me the nice neg rep "i dont like you, never have"?? lol real couragous to say that and then not leave a name. cool story, bro
I dont agree with forests making another title run Lil nog for the win

and for ur neg rep thats just stupid ppl are so childish when it coems to the rep stystem heres some green:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts