Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
You're right to be worried. I'm a forrest fan too, but I think lil Nog is ready to come out of his brother's shadow and make his way to a title shot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i hope not, even the betting has forrest down as an underdog, no change there, i hope he can pull off the upset, like he usualy does!

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I dont know how Forrest can win this one, Nogs got better boxing, and im not sure how his ground game is but its expected to be good seeing how hes lil nog...

I can see Forrest winning this maybe if keeps his distance, throws kicks and takes him down a few times...something like he did to Rampage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah , i heard he has been trying to learn wrestling too, so maybe he will try to use both his length in striking and also utilise his top game, however we all kno how dangerous lil nog is off of his back.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm looking forward to Lil'Nog proving to all the doubters that he a legitimate contender for the title, even though it will be at the expense of another of my favourite fighters.

I actually think Forrest has better wrestling than Nog, but that doesnt help much as Nog is better both on the feet and the ground in my opinion.

Nog by TKO in the second.

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
Yep, very very worried about this one. Nog has great hands and an excellent ground game...hopefully Forrest can pull out a decision. Alot of future implications on this fight...

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
This fight seems rough for Forrest, but hell, every fight seems rough for Forrest. I've given up worrying about Forrest fights because he usually comes out ready for war, and you never know who is going to win.
I agree 100%. I was worried about shogun and jackson and I thought Jardine was an easy win.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
You can never count out Forrest. He proved that against Rampage and against Shogun. I am worried for him because he likes to strike and little Nog is a very good striker that could very well get the best of Griffin. I will definitely be pulling for Forrest though!

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Nogueira is better at everything.

better striker and better BJJ guy. Hell, he may even have better wrestling.

Forrest can win, but he'd have to put on a less than popular performance (Lay on Rogerio).

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Well griffin could squeak out a decision if he can avoid getting knocked out.

:(

not a good fight for griffin

·
Registered
80 Posts
I dont see Forest having much success in this fight. Nog could finish Forest on the ground and standing i think, I don't think that Forest can finish Nog anywhere. Nog will have amazing sub defence and Forest dose not have KO power. Its going to take an amazing game plan from Forest to win.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
im going with nogueira, he put on a scary performance against luis cane, made cane look like nothing and he's actually a very durable fighter. i doubt he'll best forrest as easily, but i wouldn't be surprised if he finishes forrest.

saying that though i can't help but realize this pattern that forrest has with pride fighters. he goes in as the underdog and comes out the victor. i bet everyone thought shogun would destroy him, then that rampage would ko him. i guess you just can't count forrest out against anyone especially if they fought in pride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
im a big griffin fan but he is outclassed in every way going in to this fight it will be a miracle if he can win this one

·
Registered
780 Posts
Forrest is that little dog that just keeps getting back up, i say he will win this by some miracle that no one sees coming. Lil Nog is great at boxing and BJJ, but that little dog just dosent give up and it wouldnt be the first time forrest goes on talking to Joe about how he wasnt given a shot to win this one.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Forrest is going to get raped it won't be as bad as the Andy fight but it will still be a complete destruction. Forrest can't hang with fast accurate strikers he has shown this throughout his entire career.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I think anything can happen in a fight.
But looking at both fightes' qualities, i do think this one it's gonna be a very very tough fight for Griffin. I think his only strength against nog lies in his wrestling, trying to take the fight to the ground and do some GnP.
But even that isn't a winner for him. Nog has better BJJ than Griffin.
On the feet, Nog is much better, and if Griffin tries to strike with Nog it's lights out for him. Nog has serious power in his punches. And i don't see Forrest outstriking Nog, not in a million years.
forrest has proven in the past that all you need is determination and a lot of heart. But for this one...i'm not sure.

·
Registered
488 Posts
im going with nogueira, he put on a scary performance against luis cane, made cane look like nothing and he's actually a very durable fighter. i doubt he'll best forrest as easily, but i wouldn't be surprised if he finishes forrest.

saying that though i can't help but realize this pattern that forrest has with pride fighters. he goes in as the underdog and comes out the victor. i bet everyone thought shogun would destroy him, then that rampage would ko him. i guess you just can't count forrest out against anyone especially if they fought in pride.
The win over Shogun was very impressive but I dont think that was the true Shogun fighting. The Rampage win was huge and fully deserved but I think Rogerio will be a sterner test then both of them guys and the Pride pattern wont mean anything.

The Cane victory showed Rogerio needed no adjusting to the UFC and while I wouldnt say Forest needs a miracle, it is certainly a very tall order to defeat Rogerio.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts