The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Grrr

the man can´t articulate more than 2 words at the time,
i got stoned from watching this :confused03:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Though he'd still lose to Kimbo, at least his choice of opponents is becoming a bit more realistic.
only if kimbo holds both hands directly to his face and tries for leg kicks all night, or goes directly for a take down and gnp. the moment he tries to trade with a boxer he's going to sleep. if seth petruzeli can one punch ko kimbo, im pretty sure toney can

·
Registered
742 Posts
I really don't understand why they had Mitrione fight Kimbo instead of Toney, that fight would be 100x more marketable and exciting. The only possible way Kimbo wins is if he shoots immediately and goes for a TD. If the fight stays standing it is such a mismatch it isn't even funny, Kimbo is world's below Toney in boxing, Toney would win a standup fight with ease.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Yes but we all saw that Kimbo is starting to learn TDs. If he uses them in the Mitrione fight then we can be pretty sure he would use them in a Toney fight. Toney is just trying to make himself look better by calling out a very famous and not really great MMArtist. He would get worked by anyone else. Hell unless he goes to a gym to learn serious TDD then I would take Mitrione over him. Too bad he is not calling out Anderson anymore.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I resented this guy coming along and just talking his way into the UFC but now it's happened I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show. I wonder what his contract looks like, whether he has the legroom to screw Dana White. I doubt it, Dana knows how volatile this guy is.

He may be able to beat a can or two but as soon as he fights someone half decent he's going to get taken down and pounded out. Heck, even Kimbo could do that.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Honestly Kimbo has proven himself in the cage to me. He's not a great fighter but the man puts it out there for all to see. Toney should really be calling out Herschel Walker in Strikeforce.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Toney's obviously been whipped in training and realised that he wouldn't be able to hang with an established fighter like Couture. He looks very old in that video, and makes Nick Diaz sound coherent, punch drunk beyond repair. I hope Kimbo beats Mitrione and then dominates Toney. Why the hell did Dana sign this guy?

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
You know what i would really like to see, Toney vs. Nick Diaz in a spelling bee.
LMFAO! I would love to see SNL do a skit on that!

One of my favorite threads is the infamous Nick Diaz quotes. We need a Toney quotes thread, but know one knows what he's saying. At least with Nick we know what he's saying...we just don't know what he means. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
LMFAO! I would love to see SNL do a skit on that!

One of my favorite threads is the infamous Nick Diaz quotes. We need a Toney quotes thread, but know one knows what he's saying. At least with Nick we know what he's saying...we just don't know what he means. :laugh:
I love all the hypocrits in this thread saying Toney would lose to Kimbo because he's just a boxer and not a real MMA fighter. Hello?! KIMBO IS NOT A REAL MMA FIGHTER! Kimbo Slice was literally a bum who beat up some people in his backyard and put videos on the internet to get famous. He has no legitimate background in ANY martial art, not even wrestling. He got KTFO in the first round by SETH PETRUZELLI, a terrible former UFC fighter! And for all those saying that Kimbo "used to be bad" but is respectable now all i have to say is, really? He looked absolutely AWFUL against a below-average Houston Alexander and gassed out very quickly. Sure he won, but he looked terrible while doing it.
James Toney on the other hand is a boxing legend and would destroy Kimbo standing before he even knew what hit him.
Some people on this forum are so gullible and buy into the UFC's hype machine waaay too easily. When DW says Kimbo sucks everybody on this forum is like "yeah he sucks!" but now that he's on a UFC main card because DW wants to make money everybody is acting like Kimbo is a legitimate MMA fighter. It's an absolute disgrace to the sport and there are tons of real martial artists in the world who would demolish Kimbo in a fight.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.