Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think the light weight division will look like a year from now, who will be champ? I think Sherk will probably be champ but im guessing Spencer Fisher may get a shot soon. I dont think Fisher gets the respect he diserves he's a very talented fighter who lost once in the UFC by a majority dision and he was asigned to that fight on very short notice. His last victory was sick! So I'd say a year from now Sherk will be def aginst Fisher and that fight can go either way. The LW division looks exciting cant wait for a champ to be crowned.
Guillard, Pulver, Sherk, Fisher, Franca and maby Florian will keep this division excitng.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
Yea Sherk just seems like a compact Hughes but with more talent to me. I don't know who can beat him at lightweight honestly. Hate to sound biased but I think if BJ moves down, he might stand the best chance. But out of what the division has as of right now, I'd say Pulver has the best chance. I'll wait to see how Melvin does this saturday but I can see him being a real force in the division as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot about Tyson and BJ. I think if (BIG IF) BJ losses to Matt he'll go down to 155 and may win the belt there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
I think if BJ were to move down he would definatly take the title. Yes I know he lost to Jens but I still think he would take the belt now. Sherk would give him a run for his money tho
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
Well I think that even if BJ does beat Matt, he will still move down to 155 and try for the title there. I heard a rumor a few months ago that he's shooting for lightweight, welterweight, and maybe even middle weight UFC belts at the same time. I can't find much about it nowadays but maybe someone else heard this too and can back me up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Well I think that even if BJ does beat Matt, he will still move down to 155 and try for the title there. I heard a rumor a few months ago that he's shooting for lightweight, welterweight, and maybe even middle weight UFC belts at the same time. I can't find much about it nowadays but maybe someone else heard this too and can back me up?
If he really said this I think he's pushing his luck. He's a great fighter but he's only human.Three titles is really too much for BJ or anyone for the matter. I do think he'll have atleast one belt though either as a WW or LW.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
MMA1990 said:
If he really said this I think he's pushing his luck. He's a great fighter but he's only human.Three titles is really too much for BJ or anyone for the matter. I do think he'll have atleast one belt though either as a WW or LW.
As much as I like BJ, you're right....BUT how awesome would it be to see him actually win all 3 titles though? It could happen, he's very capable. If anyone in MMA can do it, it's definately him, agree?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
LW division is the best. I hope sean keeps the belt forever but theres alot of strong young guys comming up like Joe Stevenson and Melvin Guillard so it should be fun to watch.

btw Pulver will be in the mix to.

I think spencer fischers kinda overrated, he almost lost to "Handsome" and then he did loose to stout.

So...just my opinion
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
I Dont Think Bj Will Beat Hughes, So I Think He Is Gonna Go Down To 155 And A Year From Now He Will Be Lw Champ..whoever Said Fisher Was Overrated, I Agree With That, He Lost To Stout And Kenflo Tooled Stout
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spit206Fire said:
LW division is the best. I hope sean keeps the belt forever but theres alot of strong young guys comming up like Joe Stevenson and Melvin Guillard so it should be fun to watch.

btw Pulver will be in the mix to.

I think spencer fischers kinda overrated, he almost lost to "Handsome" and then he did loose to stout.

So...just my opinion
He took his fight with Stout on short notice he was out of shape and it was still a close fight. As for him almost loosing to "Handsom" big deal Hughes almost lost to trigg by RNC but he didnt. Fisher finished "Handsome" amazingly. Im not trying to change you opinion I understand where your coming from I just wanna put my point across.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top