Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so much hype around him, only to have his "era" violently cut short by shogun.:shame02:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I never knew one fight meant his career was over? Lots of guys have been violently ko'ed and come back. Lyoto will be back, just a minor set back

·
Registered
154 Posts
machida will def learn and grow from this, but i, for one, was glad to see him get ko'd. i never thought he was the "unbeatable" beast that all of the fanboys thought he was. i definitely don't think shogun is unstoppable either. the lhw belt will continue to jump around............until anderson takes it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I do agree with the OP to an extent. The Machida 'era' is certainly over, based on the fact that he was seen to be unbeatable; but I have no doubt that he will be back and remain a major force in the LHW devision.

P.S: I have NEVER been happier about the fact Shogun won :D Hail Shogun ! :praise01:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Well obviously if there was so much hype around him he was doing something right. Yeah, he was hyped up to be some untouchable karate master but that's because he was for the longest time.

Just because Shogun tore him a new asshole tonight doesn't mean he's any less skilled. It just means Shogun is a beast.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Machida is a good fighter, but he is not the GREAT fighter some people built him up to be. :boo01:

Personally, the only thing I saw special about Machida was his defense, which in part goes to his superior Karate' background. Outside of that, Machida, has nothing else.And now that his defense has been exposed, what does he have left?

I am sure Machida will come back and win a few but I highly doubt he will ever hold that title again. I think he will stuggle "mentally," in his fights from here on out, and I only say that becuase he is in a tough 205 lbs. division.

aside from that....

I am glad Machida lost. Go Rua!!:happy03:

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Lyoto looked scared for his life in there with Shogun. He had this look like "I got beat up by this guy once, and got by him, now I have to fight him again."

Shogun wasn't afraid or nervous this time and came after Machida. If Lyoto can recover from the loss mentally there is no reason he shouldn't be able to still contend in the UFC.

·
Banned
689 Posts
Two unbeatable hype machines derailed gegard and now machida, they are far from bad fighters and will stay in the top ten until the end of there careers but i'm just glad all thats over with, now the only hype machine that needs to get derailed is jon jones.........but thats not gonna happen any time soon, i think his wrestling is too much for anyone in the LHW div.

im just interested in seeing who lyoto fights next

·
Registered
97 Posts
Machida had a horrible game plan that went like this.

Avoid leg kicks, oh shit he is still able to land them and hasnt changed his style at all lol.

Then he rushed in before he was warmed up and landed a few strikes but got tagged hard in the process by RUA, Machida said OH SHIT, and switched to plan C.

Plan c was take Rua down, after that, Rua got back up easy and Machida started to breath heavy with mouth open and his body language switched to Oh Shit.

Plan D was take rua down again, again rua gets up, machida is even more gassed out, then rush in aimlessly and get dropped then KTFO and your orbital bone crushed in.

seriously, he had no answers and his cardio was garbage.

Style wise machida just doesnt match up against RUA, and will lose unless machida figures out a way to get out of the way of those leg kicks, which he wont.

·
Banned
689 Posts
Machida had a horrible game plan that went like this.

Avoid leg kicks, oh shit he is still able to land them and hasnt changed his style at all lol.

Then he rushed in before he was warmed up and landed a few strikes but got tagged hard in the process by RUA, Machida said OH SHIT, and switched to plan C.

Plan c was take Rua down, after that, Rua got back up easy and Machida started to breath heavy with mouth open and his body language switched to Oh Shit.

Plan D was take rua down again, again rua gets up, machida is even more gassed out, then rush in aimlessly and get dropped then KTFO and your orbital bone crushed in.

seriously, he had no answers and his cardio was garbage.

Style wise machida just doesnt match up against RUA, and will lose unless machida figures out a way to get out of the way of those leg kicks, which he wont.

that gassed stuff is crap he was bleeding out of his nose so of course he looked like he was gassed with his mouth wide open

·
Registered
97 Posts
that gassed stuff is crap he was bleeding out of his nose so of course he looked like he was gassed with his mouth wide open
whatever he was gassed in the TITO fight also.

Machida never gets off as early as he did in the shogun fight. Shogun brought the pressure and the adrenaline and take downs gassed Machida early.

Machida could of got his second wind perhaps, but shogun put the pressure on him WAY before he was ready. The pace at which the fight went WAS not a pace in which machida is comfortable in, and it showed in his performance.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I never knew one fight meant his career was over? Lots of guys have been violently ko'ed and come back. Lyoto will be back, just a minor set back
and Alot more fighters get violently ko'd and never come back being the same fighter as before.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
He didn´t died.

this thread should be erased out of lack of respect.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i, for one, was glad to see him get ko'd. i never thought he was the "unbeatable" beast that all of the fanboys thought he was.
:thumb02:

feel kinda bad for him since he really seems like a humble guy but his "illusive skills" couldn't help him tonight.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts