Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
10 million on Machida, I think Shogun took advantage of a huge hole in Machida's game but I am confident that Machida will have that hole sewn right up this time.

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
I put 200k on Shogun.

I believe Machida is going to win this fight, but if by chance he does lose, then to soften the hurtful blow, I will have at least made some credits.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
3K on Shogun.

I really hope he wins but I think Machida might have taken him lightly last time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rua!

I believe just like Frankie Edagr did BJ Penn ever champ has his day and I think its time for Rua to Step you I'm sure he'll do it, not many people squander a second chance and he wants this more than anything!! RUA safe bet!!!

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I would just like to say, I'm not happy with all you people jumping on the Shogun bandwagon......I was called crazy when I said Shogun would win the first fight and now everyone is all for Shogun.......

Just go cheer for the Yankees please......

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
anybody can call anything..

i lost $300 on shogun last time around.

i dont know if im betting real $ this time....

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
I can honestly say that I was rolling with Shogun the first time around, as well. Though I was definitely touting Machida as a huge threat the entire time, and rightfully so. I do agree, though, that many were throwing Rua under the bus, but that's because his first few performances really did leave a lot to be desired, whereas Machida looked damn near unstoppable. It's human nature to make assumptions based off of performance. Did people completely change their tune after the title bout? In both respects, yes. Rua was a hero. And Machida was a bum. But that's always been the nature of the beast.

I'll be going with Rua once again, but God only knows how it'll end. Another close decision? Can either man be finished at this stage in their respective careers? Definitely not an easy call in that regard.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
If Machida comes to fight he will lose.

If Machida comes to backpedal for 5 rounds he will win on points.
Well said, brawling with Shogun is a quick way to lose the title. No one has KO'd Shogun before and I don't think Machida is the one to do it, don't think he has the power. He might have a chance at a sub if it goes to the ground, but I see a UD for Lyoto.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Well said, brawling with Shogun is a quick way to lose the title. No one has KO'd Shogun before and I don't think Machida is the one to do it, don't think he has the power. He might have a chance at a sub if it goes to the ground, but I see a UD for Lyoto.
I thought about the sub, but then I remembered that Lyoto's grappling is about as exciting as his fighting style.

He stalled for a full match against Rafael Lovato, then won with a late takedown. I hope it doesn't go to the ground with Lyoto ahead on points, because he will happily stall for a decade or so down there.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
It would have be a small chance cause Shoguns a monster on the ground, hes proven it time and time again. I think its funny that people think Shoguns not training anything different but Machida is and now will have a new, more complete style but not Shogun. Ridiculous.:)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts