Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

“It was Dana White, owner of the event, who scheduled the fight. We (team) don’t choose opponent and don’t refuse fight. If the owner of the event told us to fight, we prepared at the most to leave there with the victory. Lyoto didn’t refuse to square off other contenders who were knocking out everybody and this time wasn’t different. He gave his best in the training and also inside the Octagon. Obviously the family and fans were sad but that’s it. The life is made of gladness and sadness. When he gets the belt back, for sure, the gladness is going to be much bigger than the first time he made it”.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida (16-1) arrived in Brazil and was welcomed by fans at the airport in Para. Smiling and being a gentleman as usual, Machida handed out autographs and took pictures with fans. Chinzo Machida – brother and cornerman - spoke to Jornal do Para that Machida’s clan was ready to face off any adversary and didn’t jump on the bandwagon of people who consider the instant rematch unfair for the karateca. Fabiola Machida – The Dragon’s wife – revealed that her husband and is upset but calm because that result was fight business. The good news is Lyoto doesn’t need to undergo any surgery on his face and will be back to the camping in two months, stronger than ever.
SOURCE - http://www.mmamania.com/2010/5/13/1470360/machidas-cla-dont-refuse-any

Great to see Lyoto with a big smile on his face. I feel sorry for his next opponent :D

Reactions: AmdM and xRoxaz

·
Registered
750 Posts
Good to hear he doesn't require surgery, he's definitely hungry again, which is gonna be a dangerous for anyone who gets matched up with him, I know Machida will get the title again without a doubt.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once again, didn't Dana say he would never fight again in the UFC?
... If you're referring to the joke video, someone editted to make it sound like Dana was talking about Lyoto, rather than Daley then... yes he's been cut.

If you realised the video was edited and is a joke, then no , Lyoto has not been cut.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Lyoto would have to personally molest Dana in the locker room for Dana to even maybe consider kicking someone with as much appeal and draw as Lyoto Machida.

"coming back stronger then ever..." is speculatory and a bit cliche, but I get the gist. Lyoto is still the number one contender, talent wise. Personally, I'm hoping Shogun reigns for as long as he can, but Lyoto isn't leaving the top 3 in the LWH division any time soon.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Wow nice find Kry and thanks for posting :)

Glad he doesn't need surgery! Dragon's heal by there own^^

and that's the welcome he deserved! Seems like some people still know how to treat somebody like Machida.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'm not a huge Lyoto fan, but it does make me glad to see him smiling and in seemingly better spirits. Even in loss, I was still astounded by how dangerous Lyoto is. He tossed Shogun to the ground with ease. I'd really like to see him focus more on his takedowns and ground and pound (granted, that's because I love ground and pound) if he ever gets another shot at Shogun.

Not my favorite fighter but I never want to see a good guy broken.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
It is good to hear that Lyoto is alright and that he is taking the loss well. I think that his next opponent is in for a world of hurt though.

That's because when Morpheus approached you with the red pill or the blue pill, you took the red pill so you can't see the Matrix.

I thought the Red Pill was to go into the Matrix and the Blue Pill would return him to his normal life.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Machida will never be released from the UFC, his fan base is way too big and educated unlike Kimbo's where they just love a good brawl.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts