Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magomed Shikshabekov (6-0 MMA, 0-0 SF) will fight in the U.S. for the first time when he meets Ron Keslar (5-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) at "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum."

Looks like a decent fighter for M-1,one of many that they have :) cant wait

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm not sure if you'r being sarcastic or you actually think being called a piece of meat is cool
The "shish" refers to the skewer, the "kebob" to the meat. Having a nickname that implies you (the shish) are slicing through your opponents (the kabob) seems decent. Add in the fact that many nicknames involve some play on words of the fighter's name and his name practically straight out is "shishkabob" and I think it writes itself.

Maybe he's gay, that would add another level of subtext and make the name even better!

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The "shish" refers to the skewer, the "kebob" to the meat. Having a nickname that implies you (the shish) are slicing through your opponents (the kabob) seems decent. Add in the fact that many nicknames involve some play on words of the fighter's name and his name practically straight out is "shishkabob" and I think it writes itself.
There are many nicknames involving some play on words but this guy isn't american so calling him shishkabob because his name is Shikshabekov would piss him offf

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.