Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I totally agree with Lyoto!

If you are the President of the company, you don't just walk around and tell everybody that you thought, that your champion lost the fight! It's dumb and very very disrespectful precisely because the decision was that close.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I totally Disagree with the Ex Champion.

Dana White is no better than you or me and he is entitled to his opinion over a winner of a fight weather you think its professional or not.

Machida got the shit kicked out of his legs and lost that fight easy. Im betting shogun will woop his ass again to this Saturday only this time those kicks will probably break him.

shogun has some nasty leg kicks, and barring any injury, he should put a beat down on machida.

Nothing pisses me off more than when a champion gets a gift decision and then is all delusional and he thinks he won because of his inflated ego.

Im not surprised he and Silva are best friends foreverz and will not fight. Both of their time is up as champs anyway after Chael beats down silva.

I bet both of them will be begging White for another shot after this, and i say screw em both.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to agree.

Although im not a Dana hater I do think he gets too involved and too personal which isn’t really what the president of a company should be doing.

I also thought him storming off during the Anderson fight was completely un-professional.

Leave the debating and opinions to fans and media.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I have to agree.

Although im not a Dana hater I do think he gets too involved and too personal which isn’t really what the president of a company should be doing.
I also thought him storming off during the Anderson fight was completely un-professional.

I agree completely. I had the fight for Shogun but it is wrong imo to go public and say your champion didnt really win in his opinion. Even Don King wouldnt say that (he was smarter.) A good promoter would keep his opinion to himself and just say 'lets do it again'. And to bash A Silva and let the world know how angry you are at his performce by throwing your cell phone :confused02: is just ridiculous

·
Banned
689 Posts
I have to agree.

bud dana had every single right to storm off during the silva/maia fiasco because he was trying to break into a new market and than what happens? in the main-event, some guy starts dancing like a voodoo man, it was the peoples first time at a ufc event and paid good money to be entertained like they where told they would be. now watching some lanky man have seizures was not worth the price of admission.

dana also has the right to criticize his champions/fighters if a decision is made that does not meet the approval of him an many people within the MMA community.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
I agree that Dana is entitled to his opinion, but i think its totally disrespectful to discredit your own champion like that and same with the Anderson situation. Dana just makes the situation worse by doing that IMO, I mean if Dana didnt make a big deal about the Anderson problem and kept it all behind closed doors it would never have been that big of problem to start with. Everyone would of just said yeah it was boring in the last 2 rounds, lets move on, but because Dana made a deal of it everyone else did.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree that Dana is entitled to his opinion, but i think its totally disrespectful to discredit your own champion like that and same with the Anderson situation. Dana just makes the situation worse by doing that IMO, I mean if Dana didnt make a big deal about the Anderson problem and kept it all behind closed doors it would never have been that big of problem to start with. Everyone would of just said yeah it was boring in the last 2 rounds, lets move on, but because Dana made a deal of it everyone else did.
If he didn't make a big deal about it, he would have been made out to be biased. I would be willing to bet if Strikeforce had a title bout that went like Silva fight, he would have been all over the press talking crap. Although, I think he should have kept his opinion to himself with the Machida fight. That decision was not in his or his fighters control. The Anderson fight was all Anderson's doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dana is clearly a hands-on type of manager... and since most of the fighters are very loosely affiliated with the UFC, he probably thinks it is important for the both the public and the fighters to actually SEE that he stays involved and is very plugged in and cognizant of the product that UFC delivers to the fans.

As such, when a bullsh** decision comes down that undermines the legitimacy of the UFC as a fair & competitive fighting league (which the Shogun fight definitely was), then it is also important for Dana to go on the record if he sees a problem.

Its not a case of him playing favorites, or criticizing Machida. It is a case of a very blatant, visible gaffe that millions of people paid money to see.

If the Lakers scored 90 points in a game against the Spurs who scored 68... would you expect the referee to give the game to the Spurs? Of course not.... and if that did happen, the NBA commissioner would definitely go on the record with a comment if something like that ever happened.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have no problem with Dana giving his opinion on the fight. It's not like he trashed Machida; he simply said that he believed Shogun won the fight.

Frankly, I respect the fact that Dana didn't lie about what he thought just to make Machida look better. He honestly thought Shogun won the fight, and he stated as much. He didn't do it in a disrespectful, Machida-trashing way, so I don't see the problem with it.

Machida is obviously sensitive about this because it seems like many/most think Shogun won, and it clearly bothers him. Perhaps it bothers him because, deep down, he's not so sure he won. Myself, and just about everybody I know, scored that fight for Shogun.

Machida: there's only one thing you can do about it now, and that's dominate and/or finish Shogun this time. That's the only way to really prove you're better, and to dispel the critics.

·
Banned
0 Posts
It doesnt really matter to me...Dana is Dana and Lyoto operates soley on respect......pretty understandable hat Lyoto feels that way, for me it makes me smile because Dana just becomes another hater that Lyoto will prove wrong!!!!:thumbsup:

Gentlemen....Enjoy the fight!!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have no problem with Dana giving his opinion on the fight. It's not like he trashed Machida; he simply said that he believed Shogun won the fight.

Frankly, I respect the fact that Dana didn't lie about what he thought just to make Machida look better. He honestly thought Shogun won the fight, and he stated as much. He didn't do it in a disrespectful, Machida-trashing way, so I don't see the problem with it.

Machida is obviously sensitive about this because it seems like many/most think Shogun won, and it clearly bothers him. Perhaps it bothers him because, deep down, he's not so sure he won. Myself, and just about everybody I know, scored that fight for Shogun.

Machida: there's only one thing you can do about it now, and that's dominate and/or finish Shogun this time. That's the only way to really prove you're better, and to dispel the critics.
My thoughts exactly!
+ rep for you!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
It doesnt really matter to me...Dana is Dana and Lyoto operates soley on respect......pretty understandable hat Lyoto feels that way, for me it makes me smile because Dana just becomes another hater that Lyoto will prove wrong!!!!:thumbsup:

Gentlemen....Enjoy the fight!!!!!
Liking 1 fighter more than another or seeing a decision that you think is bad doesnt make anybody a hater. :)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Liking 1 fighter more than another or seeing a decision that you think is bad doesnt make anybody a hater. :)

Knockin them to the press when he is your champ does...K..Thanx!!!:thumbsup: Or read above and disagree with everyone else but the minority, what does it really say when you bash your champ!!!! You know...."Dana's secret assasin"!!!

Please if you hate on someone for their fight then your a ...........:thumbsup:

EDIT: I have 50 Mill on Cote' and Im shitting my pants!!!!!

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
it was like 80%+ of the MMA community that thought Shogun won.

has nothing to do with haters or dana being a dick.

most fighters, trainers and analysts thought shogun won.

machida should critize everybody who has two feet and heartbeat that watched that fight live.

cuz most of them thought he lost.

i could post all the comments and mma site fight analysis but im too lazy and likely too stupid. if you dont believe that most of the MMA community thought Shogun won.... may the force (and the tinfoil hats) be with you.

i wish everybody watched "the voice vs joe rogan".... ppl talk about Joe like he is some biased clown that knows nothing. he knows more then 95% of the ppl here and would make all the ppl with their silly "joe influenced ppls decisions with his biased commentary" look so stupid i would enjoy him just ripping into them.... o well ;) im no joe rogan.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Dana seems to be a fan first and a boss later. The reason he is so well known is because he doesn't act like the regular boss who sits behind the scenes and arranges a match then doesn't say a word. He freely speaks his mind about the sport he loves, just like you and me. If I had to choose between Dana as a boring boss or a controversial fan, I'd go with the second choice.

And I highly doubt what Dana said was bad for UFC because judges aren't chosen by the UFC. Not only that but all of this "Shogun won," nonsense made this possibly the biggest PPV of the year.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I totally Disagree with the Ex Champion.

Dana White is no better than you or me and he is entitled to his opinion over a winner of a fight weather you think its professional or not.

Machida got the shit kicked out of his legs and lost that fight easy. Im betting shogun will woop his ass again to this Saturday only this time those kicks will probably break him.

shogun has some nasty leg kicks, and barring any injury, he should put a beat down on machida.

Nothing pisses me off more than when a champion gets a gift decision and then is all delusional and he thinks he won because of his inflated ego.

Im not surprised he and Silva are best friends foreverz and will not fight. Both of their time is up as champs anyway after Chael beats down silva.

I bet both of them will be begging White for another shot after this, and i say screw em both.
If you think for one second Shogun won that fight easy, you're simply showing that you have absolutely no idea how MMA works, and that goes for anyone else that shares this ridiculous delusional opinion, not just this noob.

There is no need to yet again break down this fight, that is the most redundant topic on this and any other mma forum in existence. The fact is that fight was razor close, and had Shogun come out the winner... Lyoto would have been just as deserving of an instant rematch as he was.

And as far as Chael beating Silva goes... I'm so confident that isn't going to happen I'll make a loser leaves the forum bet on that one. My gold account against your full red bar free one, fully knowing there is little to no risk for me.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I see Dana coming off back in a fighters mind because you put your heart into the fight and sometimes it might not go the way you thought, or how the fans/Dana thought, so you really dont want to hear anything really negative coming from your boss.

Dana is more of a boss that gets along with the fans, he thinks what we think about fights, makes it up to us in various ways and whatnot. Thats just how I see it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think Lyoto is very serious about the way people think about him, I'm not saying he's shallow like some high-school teenage girl. But he is definitely emotional about his fights and performance as you can see when he beat Rashad Evans and was crowned the new LHW champion, this is partly why he is so successful because he truly does want to be known as the greatest.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.