·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: BobbyCooper

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
Why Lil Nog and not Silva? It just shows that both Machida and Silva are well aware that they might get their ass kicked by the other. IMO it's not about this whole blood brother thing, they have no problem fighting friends who they know are not as big threats to them. I understand about Anderson being in a different div, but if not for Machida the guy would be in LHW long ago.

Good interview though.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Why Lil Nog and not Silva? It just shows that both Machida and Silva are well aware that they might get their ass kicked by the other. It's not about this whole blood brother crap, they have no problem fighting friends who they know are not as big threats to them.

Good interview though.
Well they both rule different divisions so there is no need to fight eachother and I doubt they get much more money for that than a regular title defense. Dana could step up if he really wanted to put the fight on and make it worth it for both of them. Lil Nog is a LHW and if he earns a title shot and Machida is still champion he can't really refuse to fight him. Anderson can just stay at 185 beating chumps like Sonnen for the rest of his career.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Well Lyoto just said why! His friendship with Silva is very very close, he is already like a brother too him. Lil Nog however is not. They just talk and train a few times in a year and get along very well.

Friendships are all different.. some are closer, some or not!

Thanks for the vid!

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Great interview. Nice to hear that he would fight Lil Nog, and give him the opportunity as Nog also has dreams to become the LHW champ. Silva, does not. That's also one of the points Machida made about the decision he'd to fight Nog if the UFC wanted it.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Why Lil Nog and not Silva? It just shows that both Machida and Silva are well aware that they might get their ass kicked by the other. IMO it's not about this whole blood brother thing, they have no problem fighting friends who they know are not as big threats to them. I understand about Anderson being in a different div, but if not for Machida the guy would be in LHW long ago.

Good interview though.
Yeah like the others said before me, that Anderson has a belt in MW, so going after Machida LHW belt is a way bigger deal then Lil Nog trying to fulfill his dreams in his own weight class.

But it was funny hearing Machida talking about how they need to be professional about there fights and not take it personal, yet he wouldn't fight Anderson by any means...

I cant blame him, but little ironic

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
in that Big Nog video i posted yesterday he refers to Machida 2x as..

"my brother"

guess that doesnt extend to his real brother??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.