Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who do you think will leave pride first for a chance at fame in the usa with the ufc?? or do you really believe that dana white wont find a way to land one of these guys who he knows can bring money such as cro cop who would show most of the us something they have never seen in the ufc before! Left high kick= lights out

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
lfaris said:
who do you think will leave pride first for a chance at fame in the usa with the ufc?? or do you really believe that dana white wont find a way to land one of these guys who he knows can bring money such as cro cop who would show most of the us something they have never seen in the ufc before! Left high kick= lights out
cro cop has 10 x amount of fans in Japan then in america.. it would more then likely be a americain.. but this seems to already be happening... hence Anderson Silva

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think anderson silva was a mistake ufc didnt plan on. they totally underestimated his skills when bringing him into the ufc. he kind of just came out of no where and was so impressive they gave him a title shot not thinking their golden boy could get beat

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
lfaris said:
i think anderson silva was a mistake ufc didnt plan on. they totally underestimated his skills when bringing him into the ufc. he kind of just came out of no where and was so impressive they gave him a title shot not thinking their golden boy could get beat
naw they knew.. they threw him up against Chris Leban so he would have a good win on his list.. i think dana just overated his fighters

·
Registered
23 Posts
lfaris said:
Who would leave pride for ufc? i don think that many ppl would bc ufc pays much less than pride pays, + pride is waaay bigger than ufc

·
Registered
168 Posts
yea im pretty sure dana under estimated silva through him in with leben thinking it would be a decent fight leben got ktfo so he threw him in with franklin thinking its a for sure win and franklin ended up losing in the first round.. dana is more about the money and marketing its hard for him to market a guy that doesnt speak english

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Alexander Emelianenko fight in the UFC. But I think the Pride fighters like the atmosphere of fighting in Japan as compared to America.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dont you just hate it when bellends put misleading titles on their threads??!

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
lfaris said:

Yeah, I honestly think Dana was trying to make people respect Rich a little bit more and his plan backfired

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
i don't know who would volountarily leave PRIDE to come to the UFC. i mean, PRIDE pays better, has a better pool of competition, and despite what your typical american thinks, not all UFC products are the biggest deal across the world. many more people regard PRIDE as the top MMA org than do the legion of American nuthuggers!

why would a fighter leave fame, fortune, competition and the respect of PRIDE for Dana's circus?

remember, it was Dana's decision to bring in Anderson!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just posted something regarding this in the UFC forum, to repeat if UFC didn't pony up for Quinton Rampage Jackson, I can't see them doing it for any other Pride stars.

About Anderson Silva, that's what you get when you limit your talent pool. Chris Leben is entertaining when fighting against guys near his own skill level but Silva showed that there is just another level of fighters out there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
1st off to the people that said, Dana White had no knowledge of how good Silva was, that is Complete BULLSHlT..... Some you guys need to really think and place yourself in a different perspective rather then just thinking out of ur A$$..... if its anything, its the Other way around...

Dana is a Business man,1st and foremost and he knew that if anything, Franklin was going to ask for more $$$ once his previous contract expired, due to his success and him being the Title Holder... now he finally strikes a Deal with Silva, knowing that he is just as capable of beating Rich and if Rich Loses to Silva then that means, once Franklins contract is up, he cant ask for that Big Contract due to him losing his title and Dana can still keep him Underpaid, Just like 90% of all his Fighters..

Killing 2birds w/ 1 Stone...

Like any business person, you like to underpay good workers and keep them around as long as possible

PS- UFC would be a Huge downgrade from PRIDE, thats like going from the NBA to College Ball... UFC pays good fighters 100K average, Pride pays over 500K to there good fighters, now which would u choose

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
PS- UFC would be a Huge downgrade from PRIDE, thats like going from the NBA to College Ball... UFC pays good fighters 100K average, Pride pays over 500K to there good fighters, now which would u choose[/QUOTE]

thats a little overestimated.. 500k was only awarded to japan's favorites, like yoshida, sakuraba... cro cop almost dropped the open weight grand prix because he wanted more money for the finals(2 fights in same night), and in total, i beleive he was paid around 150-300k, and he was the highest paid fighter in the 4 of them. Fedor got paid 100k at the real deal, and since the arena in the US is a lot smaller(in japan theres about 40k seats or something per event), i expect the pride in the US to have better payroll, but not a lot more than the ufc(certainly not a 100/500 ratio). The big difference is that if ur NOT a top fighter, than Pride is a lot more better for you, but then again, an average fighter in pride is better than an average fighter in the ufc...

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:
1st off to the people that said, Dana White had no knowledge of how good Silva was, that is Complete BULLSHlT..... Some you guys need to really think and place yourself in a different perspective rather then just thinking out of ur A$$..... if its anything, its the Other way around...

Dana is a Business man,1st and foremost and he knew that if anything, Franklin was going to ask for more $$$ once his previous contract expired, due to his success and him being the Title Holder... now he finally strikes a Deal with Silva, knowing that he is just as capable of beating Rich and if Rich Loses to Silva then that means, once Franklins contract is up, he cant ask for that Big Contract due to him losing his title and Dana can still keep him Underpaid, Just like 90% of all his Fighters..

Killing 2birds w/ 1 Stone...

Like any business person, you like to underpay good workers and keep them around as long as possible

PS- UFC would be a Huge downgrade from PRIDE, thats like going from the NBA to College Ball... UFC pays good fighters 100K average, Pride pays over 500K to there good fighters, now which would u choose
This is a very interesting point that I never thought of. I always just thought Dana wanted to erase the question that Rich was a paper champ and it backfired. But I guess none of us really know the truth.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i think that Dana might go out of his way to sign someone like Fedor because he saw how much Fedor was loved by the American fans, and im sure he sees big dollar signs when he see Fedor. and now that fedor sees how much he is loved in America, maybe he would consider fighting in the UFC. And if he comes im sure others will follow.
But if not Fedor I would expect an American like Henderson to come over to the UFC so he can fight in the states and be closer to home. Im sure the americans like fighting in Japan but Im sure its difficult adjusting to the culture

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think for the most part you guys have Dana all wrong when he brought in Sliva. He knew dam well how good he is. I mean come on guys. We are mostly fans this guys owns one of the MMA circuits. I think he has a little more knowledge on the guys he picks up.

Bringing him in soley to beat Franklin is a wash as well. Franklin is a money making machine for the UFC. He is a poster boy, easily marketable, educated, he was a math teacher which instantly grants him credibility with the nay sayers with whom he speaks. Removing him to save a couple grand is sheer stupidity.

What Dana did was see a chance to grab a fantastic exciting fighter and he did. The whole deal with Sliva was to introduce him to the UFC fans with the leben fight for some hype, then throw him at Franklin for what we all thought would have been a much more even fight.

So now what Dana did was get all us up in a huff, the message boards are full of UFC talk about Sliva and Franklin and Swick now. You have to admit that suddenly a MW fight in the UFC is dam interesting. I for one NEED to see Sliva fight someone again real soon. I as a fan demand it. The guy has me stoked to watch him fight again.

"If" he brought in Cro-cop or Fedor etc. You think he would do it to sell PPV's? Or to prove that "his" heavywieght champ is the real deal. Yup if you give Crop-cop the belt and suddenly have everyone talking about the UFC heavy weight division again and how they are pumped about this new guy.....you do it.

Some really good points though. But you guys are really looking past the "make your product better to sell better" biz corner stone.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
sponsor cash money

I have no idea what kind of cash a fighter gets from sponsor kickbacks in Japan for Pride...
If someone can shed light on this would be cool...

The purse is only part of the cash a fighter makes, merchandising + sponship can potentially make truck loads more

In north america you can bet XYIENCE and UFC merchandising makes loads of dough... I wonder how much of that the fighter see?

·
Registered
34 Posts
i would like to see all of the top guys in pride go out and destroy the guys in the ufc then we would see the pride guys on regular tv more here in north america

1 - 20 of 31 Posts