Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://thegarv.com/Mariusz-Pudzianowski-Tim-Sylvia-in-My-Way.html

"This whole MMA ranking stuff is a big pile of BS. Everybody is in such love with Brock Lesnar, who came from nothing; zero MMA experience and now he's considered one of the best? He fought only five times and is now considered Mr. Untouchable? Why not me then? Nobody knows how hard I'm preparing myself. I'm training with the best Polish wrestlers; these are top guys. It's easy to do when you're not fighting for money - I'm already a very wealthy guy with a secured future - but for the love and new challenge, and always for my fans, here in Poland and abroad. I would never, repeat never, start fighting in MMA if I didn't believe I could be the best. First Kawaguchi, then Sylvia - sorry guys, you are in my way. -MARIUSZ PUDZIANOWSKI"

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
all i can say to this big steroid mule if he doesnt know the difference between a very meaningful combat sport experience for MMA (NCAA Wrestling) and throwing strangely shaped objects over your head and pulling trucks down the street with your neck (strongman)

it is a pretty....

·
Banned
689 Posts
this guy is BAD for MMA

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
all i can say to this big steroid mule if he doesnt know the difference between a very meaningful combat sport experience for MMA (NCAA Wrestling) and throwing strangely shaped objects over your head and pulling trucks down the street with your neck (strongman)
now this had me laughing :thumbsup:

but I wont write him off just yet, I am curious to see how Mariusz performs with a legit MMA fighter like Sylvia.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The thing is he probably will kick Tims ass and I am sure a UFC contract will be waiting for him after the fight. Brock vs Pudz could be a wicked fight. Pudz supposedly trains MMA really hard, the guy wants to be good and hes a f-ckn monster.

·
Banned
689 Posts
if this fight did happen (which it won't) it would be like watching a gorilla **** a rhino

Reactions: oordeel

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Wait, training with Polish wrestlers makes you capable of defending guys like Brock Lesnar? I wasn't aware of all these highly regarded Polish wrestlers.

Reactions: TLC

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
this big steroid mule
He is 100% clean until proven guilty. There is ZERO evidence that he has ever used them (they test them pretty well at strongman events).

Also its not like he has no MMA experience at all. He is fourth kyu green belt in Kyokushin kaikan karate and has some (couldn't find out how much exactly) amateur boxing experience, so while that isn't exactly huge amount of experience it does give him a solid enough base to build on.

Anyway, his trashing of Lesnar isn't justified. Lesnar may not have beaten alot of guys, but when he beat Randy everyone still ranked Randy top 4 HW with Fedor, Nog and Barnett and when he beat Mir everyone ranked Mir a top 3 HW too. Brock has more legit wins against tier 1 HWs than Pudzi has total wins, so while he may not have proven his invincibility yet Pudzi surely isn't the guy who is supposed to call him out for it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see Pudzi in ufc. He is much stronger and explosive than Lesnar and Carwin are, so we'll be able to see how good Lesnar's and Carwin's wrestling actually is when they are dealing with a guy with sick cardio and more strenght than they got. If Pudzi can get a decent enough ground game I'm sure there is alot of HWs in ufc that will have huge problems against him.

Poor Timmy, is all I can say about his next fight...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Who is he talking to that thinks Lesnar is untouchable? Lesnar has been better than a total sideshow, but he is obviously still very vulnerable. Nobody sensible thinks Lesnar is going to rip off 5-6 title defenses, a la GSP or Silva, not with guys like JDS, Valasquez, Carwin, or even Mir in the mix.

This guy here is exactly the kind of problem Lesnar has caused though. Every second rate fighter or MMA wannabe knows that if they talk enough trash and call out fighters they know are superior, it still helps the UFC build publicity, so they will be rewarded for it. Lesnar, Toney, Sonnen, they are the guys responsible for us having to listen to this crap all the time now.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
He is 100% clean until proven guilty. There is ZERO evidence that he has ever used them (they test them pretty well at strongman events).
Which is why he was banned from competition for a year in 2004 after he tested positive for steroids.

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
There is no way this blimp is making 265. UFC doesn't do SHW fights (Neither does SF for that matter). Brock Lesnar is in the UFC. It's pointless for him to call out Brock... all he's got lined up is a bunch of freakshow fights in foreign shows.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts

Also its not like he has no MMA experience at all. He is fourth kyu green belt in Kyokushin kaikan karate and has some (couldn't find out how much exactly) amateur boxing experience, so while that isn't exactly huge amount of experience it does give him a solid enough base to build on.

Anyway, his trashing of Lesnar isn't justified. Lesnar may not have beaten alot of guys, but when he beat Randy everyone still ranked Randy top 4 HW with Fedor, Nog and Barnett and when he beat Mir everyone ranked Mir a top 3 HW too. Brock has more legit wins against tier 1 HWs than Pudzi has total wins, so while he may not have proven his invincibility yet Pudzi surely isn't the guy who is supposed to call him out for it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see Pudzi in ufc. He is much stronger and explosive than Lesnar and Carwin are, so we'll be able to see how good Lesnar's and Carwin's wrestling actually is when they are dealing with a guy with sick cardio and more strenght than they got. If Pudzi can get a decent enough ground game I'm sure there is alot of HWs in ufc that will have huge problems against him.

Poor Timmy, is all I can say about his next fight...
its a nice long post.

Steroids

Pudzianowski placed third in the 2004 WSM contest, but was was disqualified after an illegal performance enhancing substance was found in his body. He never disputed the violation.

It is uncertain what his long term goals are in MMA, but if he wishes to fight regularly in the USA, he surely must fight clean, due to regular drug testing.

However, drug testing in Japanese promotions is still considerably lax, and he may find the prospect of fighting there more appealing.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...wski-the-strongest-man-and-the-greatest-sport
think again

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
having veins dilate to the size of aortas across your quads is not a sign of a clean athlete. 99.99% of the time, when you're veins are that hyper-dilated, it's roids. I can't believe this is even being discussed. Mariusz is a poster child to roid abuse as any pro bodybuilder. I don't care that he does it, but c'mon. 300lbs with abs is beyond supernatural. Just follow the cardiovascular trail, hyper-dilation on someone that thick & sized, hello.....

P.S. Brock and any elite HW would wreck him. I love me some Mariusz, the man is a legend and a true beast, but Atlas Stones and Deadlift Bars don't hit back. They do have that weird sumo event, but yeah... not the same.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Yeah he's a freak show, but if he wins his next two fights I'd probably be interested in seeing him fight low level UFC heavyweights assuming he can cut down to 265 and pass blood/urine tests.

I'm just not sure the UFC wants to take chances with obvious juicers and have them fail a test just before a fight. But then again, Lesnar isn't exactly natural looking.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.