Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone herd anything about him? I dont know how he took his loss to Tim. I know he likes to fight in short time frames. But Tim put him through the ringer.

So any news?

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Nothing yet. Maybe he's taking time to re-evaluate his past call-outs of Brock & Fedor.

Seriously though, I imagine this loss would sting a bit more then he imagined. He's no stranger to not winning, meaning he's taken 2nd & 3rd places before in Strongman's, so it's a loss, but still recognized as an elite. In MMA, you're either dead first or dead last (sometimes a loser wins a moral victory or wins over new fans from plain show of heart, but he was neither case). Who knows how he's reacting to such a harsh element of this type of competition.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I strongly disagree that he's a bum, but he's certainly no MMA fighter. I actually think he possesses a lower then average knack for fighting, relative to the average person on the street.

Kimbo was no MMA'ist, but he had a knack for fighting. MP is no MMA'ist and he seems to lack any natural knack for fighting. Like punches hurt more then clinching.

Granted, Tim is hard to land TD's on because he's so tall and Tim had a reach advantage, but MP was in plenty of situations where he could have thrown hooks. Throwing elbows may be a bit less instinctive for most, but most people instinctively throw punches when in punching range, even if they're wild wind-mill punches, most people instinctively at least do that much.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I strongly disagree that he's a bum, but he's certainly no MMA fighter. I actually think he possesses a lower then average knack for fighting, relative to the average person on the street.

Kimbo was no MMA'ist, but he had a knack for fighting. MP is no MMA'ist and he seems to lack any natural knack for fighting. Like punches hurt more then clinching.

Granted, Tim is hard to land TD's on because he's so tall and Tim had a reach advantage, but MP was in plenty of situations where he could have thrown hooks. Throwing elbows may be a bit less instinctive for most, but most people instinctively throw punches when in punching range, even if they're wild wind-mill punches, most people instinctively at least do that much.
kimbo was actually kind of a *****. He'd fight guys in his backward jacked on pcp so he'd feel no pain. But once you get him in an octagon he'd wilt at the first sign of danger. I know exactly what you mean though, guys like Chuck Liddell, Big Nog, Wanderlei Silva, Fedor or Eddie Alvarez have the fighting spirit where they fight because they love fighting and will not back down, Kimbo gets taken down and quits.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
^^^source on the PCP claim, i've never heard that
Me either.....never even seen anyone else claim that.

kimbo was actually kind of a *****. He'd fight guys in his backward jacked on pcp so he'd feel no pain. But once you get him in an octagon he'd wilt at the first sign of danger. I know exactly what you mean though, guys like Chuck Liddell, Big Nog, Wanderlei Silva, Fedor or Eddie Alvarez have the fighting spirit where they fight because they love fighting and will not back down, Kimbo gets taken down and quits.
How about Kimbo was fighting guys in backyards that didn't know what they were doing. Kimbo fought one guy that kind of did have a basic idea of how to fight and he got beat. So you put him in with real fighters and he got his ass kicked.

On Topic though, I think Mariusz is done. He tapped to a slapping basically and Tim isn't exactly at top tier fighter.....so I'll say it again. Pulling a heavy truck 500 yards and punching someone in the face isn't exactly related.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Pudz is not a fighter. He's an athlete and an absolute brute, but he's afraid to get hit and any successful fighter has to comes to terms that getting hit is an inevitability.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Me either.....never even seen anyone else claim that.

"So you put him in with real fighters and he got his ass kicked."

"Pulling a heavy truck 500 yards and punching someone in the face isn't exactly related."
THESE ARE VERY TRUE STATEMENTS

I would say pulling a heavy truck 500 yards and getting punched in the face are an even bigger difference. :)

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Kimbo could take Pudz imo....He couldnt go in looking to slam him but I think Kimbo has better hands lol

I cant believe there is no news conference or interviewout there with him

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I knew he'd get his arse handed to him by Tim Sylvia the minute I seen that he was fighting Mariusz.

Pudzianowski lacked three things:

Stamina - He was very lucky to make it through the fight against Kawaguchi. He was gassed by the end of the first round. The same thing happened against Sylvia.

Movement - Granted, he came out of the traps flying in his first fight. However, once he was matched against an opponent who could take his initial flurries, he ended up becoming a big slab of muscle that couldn't get out of the way of a runaway shopping trolley.

A solid MMA discipline - This was the main factor in his defeat to Sylvia. Tim has some MMA pedigree. Mariusz has next to nothing. For a man his size, I'm surprised he never looked into wrestling as his main discipline as he could render a lot of fighters helpless with a bit of know-how.

Hopefully, he'll take a year out to pick up some new skills. I still think he could offer something to the sport but doubt he'll ever make it to a big organization.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.