Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
YES!! THERE IS A GOD!

VS

Mark Coleman vs Ken Shamrock for IFC Austrilia!! So far I don't think it's set it stone but it should happen.

I got the Hammer taking this one in the first and if not he will gas and Shammy will get a 2nd or 3rd round tko/heelhook.

http://www.mmanews.com/news/87929

I don't even care im pumped for this!:) Also not only is Mark Coleman one of the 2 HOFers to ever fight he get's to do it two times in a row.:praise01: BETTER LATE THEN NEVER!

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Wow the time difference in Australia is way out, this is 15 years too late. Coleman will crush him, Colemans body is pretty knackered but he still has a heart of a warrior.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Wow the time difference in Australia is way out, this is 15 years too late. Coleman will crush him, Colemans body is pretty knackered but he still has a heart of a warrior.
Honestly Ken has more heart than anyone but he has a weak chin coleman in 2ed on heart.

So Coleman by tko in the first but if he can't get it done or at least make a huge impact in the first then ken can beat him any number of ways.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Poor Ken, I wonder how he will embarrass himself this time, by fighting or not fighting?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't see why people can't appreciate these kind of fights for what they are. Are ethier relevent? No. Are ethier in some title picture? No. Will they ever be again? No, most likely not.

Are they both Legends and on an even playing field? YES!

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
its actually an interesting matchup, two legends with big names finally going at it...will I pay to see it or watch it live? No.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
I don't see why people can't appreciate these kind of fights for what they are. Are ethier relevent? No. Are ethier in some title picture? No. Will they ever be again? No, most likely not.

Are they both Legends and on an even playing field? YES!
Normally I would agree with you but, Ken needs to stop. Just stop. He's going to get hurt. His reflexes, chin, and cardio have already stopped. I know he and Mark both need the payday but ken couldn't beat mark on the best day of his life and he sure as heck can't do it now. This will be ground and pound until the ref saves ken, just like it would have been 10 years ago or 15. The difference being Ken's health is at risk now.

I blame Dana for this. Dana, I know you read my posts, FREE KEN! Don't ruin him financially by making him pay zuffa's legal fees! Have mercy.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
This is an epic match up of two fighters that are in two different stages of there careers; Mark Colemans is just starting to look sad, Shamrocks has been sad for a long time. Could this be the passing of the "hard to watch" torch?

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I love this fight, two guys who are long past there prime but your know what that makes it a fight. I think this fight makes perfect sense and its the type of fight both guys should be fighting.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
There is no god, if there was this fight would happened years ago, same as Couture Coleman.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
I love this fight, two guys who are long past there prime but your know what that makes it a fight. I think this fight makes perfect sense and its the type of fight both guys should be fighting.
I hate to disagree with THE MAN but this fight makes no sense except to a desperate man putting a payday over his health. First Tank in Mexico and now this? there is a reason they're going to Australia, no US SAC would liscense shamrock. I don't know exactly why but I know the man shouldn't be fighting.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v354122SkS9zfQy This was 10 years ago. It should have been his last Pro fight. skip to about 15:30 and watch him beg his corner to throw in the towel. Watch Don Frye come in as a PARAMEDIC!

Alot of people think Ken has "heart" but the steroids have ravaged the pump in his chest.

hopefully the ref will save him quickly and this will be a short easy payday for both.

·
Banned
670 Posts
Yeah I feel bad for these guys, well Coleman only actually , that he needs to keep fighting, he was great in his time, can't disparage him for making money but obviously this is like Hopkins - Jones II its like an accident, you have to watch but I wish it didn't happen.:sad02:

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
Even though well past his prime I still respect Coleman for trying and his victory over Bonnar was awesome for old guys everywhere. He at least cares and tries though his time has passed.

Not the same at all for Shammy- dude is done done and done over again. He got a "cut" sparring :sarcastic12: the day before the Kimbo fight and then had to 'roid up(and do it blatantly) to face a grossly obese and, yes now dead, Ross Clifton in his last fight.

Dude cannot go into the ring/cage again- it's over for him and he's only making his name more of a joke by pretending he can.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I heard the winner gets Dan Severn.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Personally I have no problem with ethier stepping into the cage aslong as they are facing old fighters of there generation.

It's not fair that we try to tell them when to stop. They risk themselfs for years and years and we are fine with seeing them getting punched in the head, we saw them bleeding, we saw them swollen. Who say's it's all about money? Im sure it's always good but these guys love the sport and if they still want to test themselfs on an equal level what is wrong with that? It's not fair that we can say that they can't after all the years of fights they have given us.

If anyone should be telling them they can't it should be their close family and freinds. THEY have the right, we don't. Besides this is not a dangerous fight like Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo would have been. This is two old lions going at it and in a way writing that last page and sealing up there careers. If they still fight after this I don't see any other worth the time.

Reactions: Walker and oldfan
1 - 20 of 41 Posts