Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At UFC 52 Joe Rogan is like "There is Mark Hughes, Matt Hughes twin brother!" so then I typed in Hughes on Sherdog fight finder then Mark Hughes popped up and I never knew he faught in MMA so I checked his history. Apparently hes pretty good he had one or no losses and infact did fight in the UFC once at UFC 28 against a no namer way back in 2000. I never knew Matt Hughes' twin brother faught in the UFC lol. Did anyone else notice this or ever heard of Mark Hughes?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, the hughes boys live about 30 minutes from me. Mark isn't fighting now because he is raising his family.(that's what I have been told).
He looks identical to his brother. I have mistaken him a couple of times for matt.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I can see the resemblance, but its easy for me to pinpoint Matt. At an Autograph signing, Matt and Mark were there along w/ a couple other guys and everyone kept getting Marks autograph and then feeling embarassed when they realized it wasnt Matt haha

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Hes also 6-1-0 which isnt too shabby what soever.....and he also beat Matt in High School wrestling lol, not realative to anything NOW but still

·
Registered
85 Posts
if you sign up for the ufc news letter, there is a spot to pick your favorite fighter, Mark if there with Matt. but he is not listed in the fighters database

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Yeah mark actually wrestled with him in college I think....and beat him in middle school championship

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently Mark Hughes has faught at UFC 28 and beat Alex Steibling by decision. Steibling is a decent fighter I've seen in PRIDE and has a good record against Brazilians.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Mark used his wresting skills to win that one. Bit of a boring fight but he won none the less. Looks very very similar to Matt. Same strong build also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Matt actualy says that Mark is stronger than him...

But when watching Mark fight it seems like Matt got better tekneque. But I think Mark was running a buissness or something, so after all, he couldn't train full time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rumors about Mark being better than Matt are False. I went to Hillsboro High School and wrestled for 8 Years. They would come coach on Tuesday's and Thursday's to keep there conditioning up and watched them go at it a 100 times. Mark is an excellent wrestler but i think Matt had a little on him. Mark is running a construction company now and doing his farm work keeping busy.Both great people and have the craziest strength ever.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
You realize this thread is 4 years old? I realize your new and its your first post but try to refrain from bumping really old threads.

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
According to sources, "Mark Hughes is planning to revive his octogan career later this year". You've seem him as recently as "UFC 23, Abort the Babies". Fight arrangements are still being negotiated but are yet to be finalized. However this has all the makings of a blockbuster card. The twin brother of legend Matt Hughes is scheduled to face Matt "The Terra" Serra in a bout that promises to rekindle the family feud the New Yorker has been flaming for the last few years. On the under card:
Kimo LeoPoldo vs Royce Gracie ,For All the Marbles.
Ken Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz, Beat the Eldery
Kimbo vs Sean "The Cannon" Gannon, You Cracker Ass Cracker
*Fedor vs Andy Wang "I am The Last Emperor of Cans"

BE THERE!!!

*May not be televised, check your local listings.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
According to sources, "Mark Hughes is planning to revive his octogan career later this year". You've seem him as recently as "UFC 23, Abort the Babies". Fight arrangements are still being negotiated but are yet to be finalized. However this has all the makings of a blockbuster card. The twin brother of legend Matt Hughes is scheduled to face Matt "The Terra" Serra in a bout that promises to rekindle the family feud the New Yorker has been flaming for the last few years. On the under card:
Kimo LeoPoldo vs Royce Gracie ,For All the Marbles.
Ken Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz, Beat the Eldery
Kimbo vs Sean "The Cannon" Gannon, You Cracker Ass Cracker
*Fedor vs Andy Wang "I am The Last Emperor of Cans"

BE THERE!!!

*May not be televised, check your local listings.
Haha 4 years is a long time to wait for a punch line but that was a good one.
Andy Wang? You sir are a tuf elitist!

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
It's gonna be the battle of the warriors! I wish I knew how to post a video because it would be B.J Penn yelling Waaahhh...Waaahhh...Waaahhh!:laugh:

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
That is effin awesome! I'm literally loling...It was nice to see Gabe "put me back on the bike Bj" Ruddiger consoling him on his way out of the cage. If only someone could combine those two videos:happy03:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts