Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
The 55%
16,526 Posts
I didn't read the posts before. You guys know he's not winning this right? Brock Lesnar's return broke no rules, he passed the required tests before the fight and then was allowed to do the fight. The entire court case is based on "They knew he was on steroids", which imo is also a bit stupid but even still, that's not concrete evidence.

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This is kind of like...

An employee at wal mart making $12 an hour.

Trying to sue the CEO of wal mart who makes $30 million a year.

If Hunt can't feed his family being paid $700,000 per his last fight by the UFC.

I don't know if he'll survive on what bellator or another organization can pay him.

It'll be interesting to see if this was a smart move by Hunt.

Or if Hunt has been listening to the bad advice of crackheads who don't know what they're talking about.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm no expert but I watched enough daytime TV judge Judy -type programs and I think he is in with a very good chance of winning. He's got a very simple argument which can be easily understood.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Usually the civil game (other than small claims) is all about who has more money and better lawyers. My guess is Hunt's lawyers will go broke and eventually settle or the case will get thrown out.

Keep in mind,this is civil. There is no "Beyond a reasonable doubt" here... simply a burdon of proof which is much less than what a jury would consider.

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was thinking if Hunt's lawyers thought Hunt had good chances of winning they would have taken the case asking for a percentage of Hunt's settlement from the UFC rather than their normal hourly rate.

Some of the things Hunt said, like him saying he should have got all of Brock Lesnar's paycheck, I disagree with.

If this lawsuit comes from the same place as Hunt saying anyone who tests positive should forfeit their entire paycheck, I would guess Hunt will lose the case.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Am I the only one thinking that this is a bit of an overreaction?
No. I get why Mark is upset a little. But the thing is before the fight Hunt was saying Brock was all juiced up. In the court papers he is saying without his knowledge but he was saying Brock was juiced before the fight. He said it in interviews and when they do the guest speaker at UFC events. So he knew Brock was juiced before and still chose to sign the contract and fight him. If he never said he knew he was juicing then he would have more of a case but he was bitching about it before the fight even happened.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
No. I get why Mark is upset a little. But the thing is before the fight Hunt was saying Brock was all juiced up. In the court papers he is saying without his knowledge but he was saying Brock was juiced before the fight. He said it in interviews and when they do the guest speaker at UFC events. So he knew Brock was juiced before and still chose to sign the contract and fight him. If he never said he knew he was juicing then he would have more of a case but he was bitching about it before the fight even happened.
He could say it was just pre-fight trash talk, while in reality he didn't really think Lesnar was on the juice when signing the contract.

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
To me it seems like he went from being a chill guy to full on paranoid conspiracy theorist.
Is every court case you don't agree with a conspiracy theory?

Lesnar tested positive for roids and he has an email with the UFC admitting his test was inexplicably exempt for 4 months until after the fight, where's the conspiracy?

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
Is every court case you don't agree with a conspiracy theory?

Lesnar tested positive for roids and he has an email with the UFC admitting his test was inexplicably exempt for 4 months until after the fight, where's the conspiracy?
And as far as I've understood, it's basically proven that they let Belfort fight knowing he failed a test.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
I don't think anyone should be critical of Mark Hunt for doing this.

Alistair Overeem
Brock Lesnar
Frank Mir
Big Foot Silva
Big Foot Silva
Ben Rothwell
Alistair Overeem
Josh Barnett
Mirko Filipović
Wanderlei Silva

10 out of 25 fights with guys that broke the rules is pretty excessive.

·
The Title Guy
17,317 Posts
I know that the class action lawsuit has a good chance of winning in front of a the right judge but I'm not sure about this.

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
If a government sanctioned athletic commission says Vitor Belfort's testosterone levels were ok for him to fight.

Or if a government sanctioned athletic commission says its ok for USADA to give Brock Lesnar a grace period for testing.

I doubt Mark Hunt or a jury will overturn either of those verdicts.

Mark Hunt has a better chance of putting Hillary in prison for deleting emails under subpoena than he does overturning any judgement an athletic commission makes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, i do remember that Hunt filled the lawsuit against them, he was the heavyweight champion at that time, am i right? If i am not mistaken the lawsuit was something related to breaching contract agreements and similar things. There was also something about negligence. Ohhh yeah, it was also rackeetering and frauds. It came after Hunts fight against Lesnar, after that doping scandal, ain't it? I remember that after all these allegations Lesnar wanted to sue Hunt for defamation, he even hired someone from Filing a Slander & Defamation Lawsuit (Guide) – Minc Law. However, he didn't even fill a lawsuit.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts