Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Mark Kerr was born in Phoenix, Arizona on December 21, 1968. He stands 6'3 and weights in at 255lbs. Known as "The Titan", Kerr fights using freestyle wrestling. Mark Kerr was an All-American collegiate champion. He has a winning record of 13-4-0.

Fighting History:
Loss-Yoshihisa Yamamoto TKO PRIDE 27-Inferno 2/1/2004
Loss-Heath Herring TKO PRIDE 15-Raging Rumble 7/29/2001
Loss-Igor Vovchanchyn Decision PRIDE 12-Cold Fury 12/9/2000
Win-Igor Borisov Submission PRIDE 10-Return of the Warriors 8/27/2000
Loss-Kazuyuki Fujita Decision PRIDE Grand Prix 2000-Finals 5/1/2000
Win-Enson Inoue Decision PRIDE Grand Prix 2000-Opening Round 1/30/2000
NC-Igor Vovchanchyn No Contest PRIDE 7-PRIDE 7 9/12/1999
Win-Nobuhiko Takada Submission PRIDE 6-PRIDE 6 7/4/1999
Win-Hugo Duarte TKO PRIDE 4-PRIDE 4 10/11/1998
Win-Pedro Otavio Submission PRIDE 3-PRIDE 3 6/24/1998
Win-Branco Cikatic Disqualification PRIDE 2-PRIDE 2 3/15/1998
Win-Dwayne Cason Submission UFC 15-Collision Course 10/17/1997
Win-Greg Stott KO UFC 15-Collision Course 10/17/1997
Win-Dan Bobish Submission UFC 14-Showdown 7/27/1997
Win-Moti Horenstein TKO UFC 14-Showdown 7/27/1997
Win-Fabio Gurgel Decision WVC 3-World Vale Tudo Championship 3 1/19/1997
Win-Mestre Hulk DQ WVC 3-World Vale Tudo Championship 3 1/19/1997
Win-Paul Varelans TKO WVC 3-World Vale Tudo Championship 3 1/19/1997

Sidenote:
-In college he won the Divison 1 championship with Randy Couture coming in second
-While training for a career in amateur wrestling, he became interested in MMA to earn money
-He is a product of Ground and Pound

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Isn't that the fight where Kerr double leg picked him and when he slamed him he hit his head on the ground and knocked himself out?

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Yes, he did the takedown, smashed his head to the floor and yamamoto started punching when he was gone.. could just as well been ruled a no contest imo, or maybe not i dont know

·
Registered
612 Posts
mark kerr gets boo'ed because he is NOT entertaining.

He was boo'ed at multiple fights for just laying on top of people.

I dont like this fighter, because of his lack of fighting, and more of lay and pray even when he has a dominant position.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mark Kerr is amazing, I seriously don't see why anyone would boo him. Most of the fans just want to see a brutal KO, seriously. That's all they want to see is someone getting knocked the **** out. But with Kerr he's going to take you down, and just ground and pound the living shit out of you. Kerr is one of my favourites and I can't wait for his comeback in November with IFL against Mike Whitehead, I think Kerr can take him and get the win.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ken Shamrock said:
Mark Kerr is amazing, I seriously don't see why anyone would boo him. Most of the fans just want to see a brutal KO, seriously. That's all they want to see is someone getting knocked the **** out. But with Kerr he's going to take you down, and just ground and pound the living shit out of you. Kerr is one of my favourites and I can't wait for his comeback in November with IFL against Mike Whitehead, I think Kerr can take him and get the win.
maybe he just got bored his last few fights, he said before the herring fight he lost the drive to fight, and he wanted to see if he still felt that drive, he ended up being boo'ed the whole fight.

I would say he lost that drive, maybe he will come back better then ever, but as it stand, i still say he is boring and just lays on yop of people, like he did to heath for 2 rounds, then whent he ref finally stood them up herring took him down and kneed him in the head time and time again till the fight was stopped, that was pure action. Heath-action, Kerr-No action

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good documentary about kerr

If anyone wants to see a good film and see what really happened to Mark Kerr "Smashing Machine" is a good documentary. I dont really like movies like that but this shows how he started to mess up his life and career. i just saw it one day at blockbuster saw it was about him and took it home very good documentary if you like MMA

·
Registered
612 Posts
Evil said:
Its not hard to see why he lost his drive to fight if you see the documentary that was made of him
not sure what your point is here.

if you loose your drive to fight then dont fight, it only makes you look worse and you get boo'ed.

Im not saying he didnt have a good reason but come on, i dont need to see some documentery, he lost his drive plain and simple and it makes for a boring fighter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts