Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comon I dont like him he is a good Guy but I have seen him fight 3 times and they are the 3 most boring fights ever. I mean inthis last fight he was eye galgeing the guy and then all he did the whole fight was rake the cut and lay in the gard thats not a fight:dunno: . I want to see a fight no 2 guys lay on eachoter matt was not fighting for a better position or anythin. just raking the eye thats it. I always thought tat a cut was a cheep way to win and I would rather see cut open from a punch than just raking the eye. He should fight forest griffin and get his ass knocked out. matt hammle good wrestler bad fighter:thumbsdown:.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nabors12 said:
neither one of those guys belong in the UFC right now
agreed Matt is going to rise up untill he fights someone like forest or kith jardeen or even stephen bonar then he is going to be knocked on his ass.

·
Registered
388 Posts
americanfighter said:
agreed Matt is going to rise up untill he fights someone like forest or kith jardeen or even stephen bonar then he is going to be knocked on his ass.
Cant wait to see it. Maybe then he'll put his hands up

·
Registered
31 Posts
Matt has a lot of work to do mainly on his hands.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
matt has no conditioning in the middle of the 2ed round his hands dropped to his and he could not ardly throw a jab like I said he is going to get knocked on his ass:cheeky4:

·
Registered
133 Posts
He's been training for under a year. He improves SO much over each fight. His fight with Nickels showed he couldn't take a punch. Then he wrecked forbes, and he threw around Seth. Once he improves his striking, he is going to be a force in this weight class. He doesn't "suck", he just needs to work on his striking. Just like Hughes, he was an incredible wrestler gone Mixed martial artist. Give this guy time, he'll be a contender. Don't criticize him so much. He has 4 fights total now, and he hasn't been fighting underground shows like most these fighters start off with.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hamill obviously has a LONG way to go.

Jesse Forbes was just another one dimensional wrestler. Matt was just the better wrestler in their fight.
Seth...uh...it seems like his striking gets TOO much hype than it really is.
The guy seems like a mediocre striker, hes no Wandy.

If Seth could rock Hamill, im sure contending LHWs' like Forrest,Bonnar(thats if he is allowed back after his steroid use), or rashaad could beat him.
Matt has sick takedowns, but its just not enough in the MMA game.
But I did enjoy that fight.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Matt is going to get put up against a striker with takedown defense and he is going to get his face torn off. This guy shouldn't fight on TV or PPV for at least another year. His standup game is atrocious and dangerous to his health. I don't care how good his wrestling is--all he does is takedowns and small hammerfists. Somebody is going to tune him and it would be a waste. It's too bad he's already as old as he is... even five years ago, with the right kind of training, he could be a dominant fighter right now like Matt Hughes. He's going to have to be a quick study to get his stand up to where it needs to be if he wants to accomplish much in the UFC--and seeing as how he still doesn't know how to hold his hands or throw a punch after supposedly a year of MMA training, who knows if he is capable?

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
SilentFury said:
Hamill obviously has a LONG way to go.

Jesse Forbes was just another one dimensional wrestler. Matt was just the better wrestler in their fight.
Seth...uh...it seems like his striking gets TOO much hype than it really is.
The guy seems like a mediocre striker, hes no Wandy.

If Seth could rock Hamill, im sure contending LHWs' like Forrest,Bonnar(thats if he is allowed back after his steroid use), or rashaad could beat him.
Matt has sick takedowns, but its just not enough in the MMA game.
But I did enjoy that fight.
This might sound kind of tasteless, but Hamill's lucky he got injured during TUF 3. He probably would've ended up fighting Bisping in the final's, and Bisping would've demolished him in scary fashion.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
Damone said:
This might sound kind of tasteless, but Hamill's lucky he got injured during TUF 3. He probably would've ended up fighting Bisping in the final's, and Bisping would've demolished him in scary fashion.

hahah sooo true

the thing i dont get about ufc is why they rbing the fighters who have boring fights back into the ufc... matt hamill was un-impressive in his fight in TUF3.. aswell as Mike Nichols... why are these guys getting on the TV time instead of ppl like Joh Alessio who basically beat Diego Sanchaz...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Organik said:
hahah sooo true

the thing i dont get about ufc is why they rbing the fighters who have boring fights back into the ufc... matt hamill was un-impressive in his fight in TUF3.. aswell as Mike Nichols... why are these guys getting on the TV time instead of ppl like Joh Alessio who basically beat Diego Sanchaz...
That wasn't exactly an exciting fight either, though, so unless he can create more oddball fights, I'd much rather see less polished guys getting their blocks knocked off, or swinging for the fences.

·
Registered
364 Posts
he did look unimpressive tonight he needs major work on striking and conditioning and needs to learn how to hold his hands give him time and he could become like tito says the next world champion possibly he's hoping :confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Matt sucks I dont know why people like him so much. Stupid lay and prayer I hate it when one-dimentinal wrestlers enter MMA. No effence to wrestling some of the best MMA fighter in the world are wrestlers but when thats all you know it makes for a boring wrestlin match. If he dosent learn how to mix it up and PASS A F******* GUARD he'll be defeated easily. Silverback sdid ok I think he had a bad case of ring rust. I hope he can redeem himself he's an entertaing fighter and his kick to Hamills face was awesome and it was sick when he dropped him with a solid right. I think KOS passed the layandpray torch down to Hamill. I count the says untill Hamill gets KTFO.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
11 months?

What has he been doing for 11 months? He certainly wasn't training. I'm tired of hearing about Tito's "Big Bear" training facility and how hard they train up there. If Matt had 11 months with my boxing coach he would be knocking people out and scrapping all of that wrestling bs.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
so wait, because he cut open Seth's face, thats what makes him cheap? dude I dont like Hammil that much, but he clearly won the fight, no ifs ands or buts about it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
He looks promising, but come on... When even Goldy is saying somehting about his fighting technique (Matt keeping his hands down) you know the guy has a lot more to work on.

·
Registered
168 Posts
he fights exactly like rashad evans did when he first started in the ufc all of his fights were boring and he never finished them.. he finaly finished the last one after how many fights?? give him time he will progress and it may be a cheap way to win but why not do it if it gets you the win you see something and take advantage of it

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
americanfighter said:
Comon I dont like him he is a good Guy but I have seen him fight 3 times and they are the 3 most boring fights ever. I mean inthis last fight he was eye galgeing the guy and then all he did the whole fight was rake the cut and lay in the gard thats not a fight:dunno: . I want to see a fight no 2 guys lay on eachoter matt was not fighting for a better position or anythin. just raking the eye thats it. I always thought tat a cut was a cheep way to win and I would rather see cut open from a punch than just raking the eye. He should fight forest griffin and get his ass knocked out. matt hammle good wrestler bad fighter:thumbsdown:.

You should learn to spellcheck.

I don't think he is a bad fighter at all, he has only really been in MMA how long?
4 fights?????
and he is already in the UFC, so I think he does have a lot of growing to do, but what new guy doesn't?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts