Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

how will the battle with huges and piarre play out

• matt huges win by knockout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • matt huges win by tko ( eg strickes whilst in a mount )

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • matt huges win by submission

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • matt huges win by juges score cards

• matt huges win by dq

• st piarre win by knockout

• st piarre win by tko

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • st piarre win by submission

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • st pairre win by dq

• fight declared a draw by judge score cards and had to go anouther round

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
I love St Pierre, he is my second favorite Welterweight (next to sean sherk) because he's so fundamentally sound, but I think that Matt Hughes has showed the world that he can beat anyone... in the welterweight division.

I think that Hughes will groundnpound the living hell out of St Pierre, the man is just too damn strong for anyone to take. I think if we want to see matt hughes in a fair fight we'd need to send him up and take on an upperclass middleweight.

Best of luck to St Pierre, I hope he gets the title, but if I'm betting than the money's on Hughes.

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
I want GSP to win, but there is only one fighter in the entire UFC who really has the ability to destroy Matt Hughes, and his name is BJ, and he is a beast.

Call it grappler's instinct, but after watching Hughes pound the hell out of Royce, I think it's going to take a much better submission fighter than GSP to tap him out. I really think that BJ is the only fighter who can do it.

Best of luck to GSP, he deserves the title if he can pull out the win.

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Craze said:
I like both fighters but if anyone is gunna beat hughes its gunna be St.pierre this should be a good fight
I actually think that St. Pierre is only getting a shot because of his rivalry with Hughes, I don't think that he's got the best title shot. I was actually hoping that St Pierre would fight BJ, because BJ was talking so much.

I think that there are 3 really dominant welterweights, and St Pierre is one of them. Best of luck to him because I think that BJ is next in line for a title shot and who knows how long we'll have to wait for that one.

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Adora said:
I change my mind. There is no way Hughes loses this. Coming off the Gracie win. He has every right to be overconfident. I was watching a fight with him and Joe riggs. Boy that was a sick submission. Kumira i think it called.
Yeah, hughes works his submissions well. The kimura that he threw on Joe Riggs was a really good one and it's just proof that strength and form are what make Hughes unstoppable.

Hughes has come along way from his debut and even from those great fights against Carlos Newton. I definitely think that he is the greatest welterweight in the UFC, though he's not my favorite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.