Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

how will the battle with huges and piarre play out

• matt huges win by knockout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • matt huges win by tko ( eg strickes whilst in a mount )

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • matt huges win by submission

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • matt huges win by juges score cards

• matt huges win by dq

• st piarre win by knockout

• st piarre win by tko

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • st piarre win by submission

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • st pairre win by dq

• fight declared a draw by judge score cards and had to go anouther round

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Craze said:
I like both fighters but if anyone is gunna beat hughes its gunna be St.pierre this should be a good fight
I actually think that St. Pierre is only getting a shot because of his rivalry with Hughes, I don't think that he's got the best title shot. I was actually hoping that St Pierre would fight BJ, because BJ was talking so much.

I think that there are 3 really dominant welterweights, and St Pierre is one of them. Best of luck to him because I think that BJ is next in line for a title shot and who knows how long we'll have to wait for that one.

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Adora said:
I change my mind. There is no way Hughes loses this. Coming off the Gracie win. He has every right to be overconfident. I was watching a fight with him and Joe riggs. Boy that was a sick submission. Kumira i think it called.
Yeah, hughes works his submissions well. The kimura that he threw on Joe Riggs was a really good one and it's just proof that strength and form are what make Hughes unstoppable.

Hughes has come along way from his debut and even from those great fights against Carlos Newton. I definitely think that he is the greatest welterweight in the UFC, though he's not my favorite.

· Outta My Head
1,259 Posts
IronMan said:
I actually think that St. Pierre is only getting a shot because of his rivalry with Hughes, I don't think that he's got the best title shot. I was actually hoping that St Pierre would fight BJ, because BJ was talking so much.

I think that there are 3 really dominant welterweights, and St Pierre is one of them. Best of luck to him because I think that BJ is next in line for a title shot and who knows how long we'll have to wait for that one.
I think GSP has more than earned a title shot with Matt Hughes. Ever since his defeat at the hands of Hughes when they first met, he's been on a tear through the division facing and defeating the top WWs this side of the Pacific. Further, out of his 5 wins, 4 have been in completely dominant fashion. He showed that he had the heart of champion overcoming the fact that he got poked in the eye and pounded badly in the 1st round of his fight with BJ Penn.

Rivalry (in this case) is set not out of malcontent but out of true competition between the champ and the #1 contender. This is going to result in one of the most exciting fights in UFC history.

· 1 2 3 Blast Off!
3,071 Posts
matt hughes by TKO! I like both guys but i think matt will win but i will be happy either way.

· Registered
223 Posts
Juventud2222 said:
St. Pierre will knock Hughes out. Or at least tap him.

St. Pierres improved so much. Even since his last fight with Hughes. I don't see Hughes winning this at all. Hughes may be a little stronger. But St. Pierre is quicker. Not to mention freakishly strong aswell.

This is certainly a possibility but lets not forget that Hughes armbared him in the first round the last time they fought. If GSP wins he would be a deserving Champion he is a great fighter.

· Registered
565 Posts
IronMan said:

You are nuts man, St. Pierre chewed up the competition to earn a title shot at Hughs, he destroyed Frank Trigg, Sean Sherk, and BJ Penn after his loss to Hughs who else is there?!?!?! And there is no rivalry, there are friends.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.