Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually he will win the fight but all the haters on here will find some reason why GSP got beat. I have a lot of respect for GSP and hes one of my favorite fighters, I think hes a great fighter and he will be the future of the welterweight class. But after reading all the Hughes haters on here once Hughes wins again (especially if its by decision) there will be a million and one excuses, regardless how Hughes wins there will be excuses like:

--Oh St. Pierre had not fought in a while (Ringrust)

--It was fixed

--GSP had an injury or was sick he was hiding it because he didnt want to cancel again

I could go on and on but my point is simple no matter what when Hughes wins GSP supporters will have a lot of excuses made

·
Registered
808 Posts
That happens when anyone's favorite fighter loses. Some idiots make excuses why and blah blah. If Hughes wins, they will make excuses. You hear everything from the other guy wasn't healed to the judges favor one over the other.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree. A lot of people in here are writing off Hughes like he's some amature...and I just don't get that. I'm rooting for Georges, but if he loses the reason will be as simple as this: Matt Hughes is the greatest welterweight in the world. HA HA, people in here don't even give him a chance...wtf??

·
Registered
794 Posts
i actually think Hughes will win. the pressure is serious on both sides in this fight but i dont think there will be any excuses this time. i hope GSP wins and shuts Hughes smartazz mouth but as a betting man my moneys on Hughes.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
grnlt said:
Actually he will win the fight but all the haters on here will find some reason why GSP got beat. I have a lot of respect for GSP and hes one of my favorite fighters, I think hes a great fighter and he will be the future of the welterweight class. But after reading all the Hughes haters on here once Hughes wins again (especially if its by decision) there will be a million and one excuses, regardless how Hughes wins there will be excuses like:

--Oh St. Pierre had not fought in a while (Ringrust)

--It was fixed

--GSP had an injury or was sick he was hiding it because he didnt want to cancel again

I could go on and on but my point is simple no matter what when Hughes wins GSP supporters will have a lot of excuses made
it works both ways though, if gsp wins people will be making excuses why hughes lost

·
Registered
139 Posts
matt hughes is the most dominate fighter ufc has ever had and any dumbass who thinks he dosent have a chance probably also thinks matt hammil will be the future lhw champion!

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
i dont care what anyone says. Jason Von Flute will be the next WW champ

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well Matt's a ways away for being a LHW contender but i wouldn't count the guy out yet, hes only been doing this a year or so now and his GnP is looking alright.

Anyways i agree, i think the second the fighters step into the ring (octagon) all excuses go out the window because no one can change the fight other then themselves.

I know the 1 loss i do hold on my own record was because i gassed, my friends who watch wanted to make excuses for me saying i got jabbed in the eye (which i did) and that he had headbuted me (also did) but thats no excuse. To fighters find ways to overcome adversity, thats what makes champions. If you don't believe me watch the Matt Hughes Vs Frank Trigg fight (2nd one i believe).

He gets knee'd RIGHT in the nuts trys to tell the ref and gets himself into trouble doing so. He overcame adversity and then dominated Trigg.

·
Registered
39 Posts
im hope my man GSP wins, i really don't like matt hughes a lot, but if he beats george, it will be because he is a better fighter and trained harder for the fight, so if GSP loses im not going to make up a bunch of excuses.

But i don't have to make excuses cause GSP is going to win by descision.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
To fighters find ways to overcome adversity, thats what makes champions. If you don't believe me watch the Matt Hughes Vs Frank Trigg fight (2nd one i believe).

He gets knee'd RIGHT in the nuts trys to tell the ref and gets himself into trouble doing so. He overcame adversity and then dominated Trigg.
I think that GSP is a better all around fighter(his stand up is a higher level than Matt), but Matt is very very dominant when he takes people down. It is alomost like people think that arm bars are a cheap way to win. It was great JJ, Matt is more well rounded than people give him credit for.

I think GSP will win this time, but it will be a 5 round battle I am sure.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I agree GSP's standup is much better. What I like about Hughes is though he doesnt get out of his game, he knows he cant stand and throw with a lot of guys. If he is gonna get beat hes gonna get beat on the ground where hes the most comfortable. I see Hughes winning in the 4th GnP....should be a war though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts