Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Althogh he's one sob for dissin BJ in the post fight interview when he said he wished BJ was in shape to go 5 rounds. Hughes is one cocky mofo but no doubt, he can back it up so he can say what he wants I suppose. This guys DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for Hughes vs. St Pierre

·
Registered
369 Posts
putmeonhold said:
Althogh he's one sob for dissin BJ in the post fight interview when he said he wished BJ was in shape to go 5 rounds. Hughes is one cocky mofo but no doubt, he can back it up so he can say what he wants I suppose. This guys DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for Hughes vs. St Pierre

Yeah he talked shit, but it was true.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Man BJ was dominatin the fight, then all of a sudden in the 3rd round, shit just switchin up and Penn didn't even block the punches, didn't even pick up his hands to even guard a jab..Like its a very weird turnaround. And Hughes passed guard with ease in the 3rd round..but in the 2 rounds, Hughes couldn't even attempt to take him down..I really wanna see a 3rd fight.

Now they are gonna make Matt Hughes out to be thebest ever. He is not the best. SOmeone will beat em!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
This is exactly how I saw the fight going. This or Hughes by dec. I was rooting for Hughes and wasnt worried one bit, because I knew he'd get dominated the first rd in a half to 2 rounds. But I knew his cardio wud come into play later and win him the fight. Sort of like Notre Dame/Mich. st. baby!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Amazing, he keeps proving me wrong. Wouldluv2fightu is probably crying now. Matt Hughes has to be one of the best now, I think St. Pierre would have given him a better fight then Penn did. Can't wait for St. Pierre .vs. Hughes in December.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Yeah cuz think about what GSP said for a second. He got dominated by Penn in rd 1 as well. Matt finished him tho. So IMO Hughes' performance against BJ was more impressive than Georges' idk what GSPs talkin about.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i dunno bout you guys but im very unimprssed by hughes..but that should be the talk of this forum, it should be about bj...wow that guy became one of my favorite fighters tonight..his bjj was insane, i never seen more impressive grappling, takedown defense...noone ever dominates Hughes like that..its just a shame he doesnt get him self into proper shape

·
Registered
13 Posts
Matt is the Man !!!! Bj put up a great fight. The thumb in the eye was an accident, but Round 1 and 2 was for BJ Penn. He gassed out on the 3rd round. It's the truth. And If I remember the post -fight Penn/GSP interview on YouTube - Georges St. Pierre Sherdog interview GSP won the fight but was in bad shape. Matt looked fine. GSP will get beat again in November or December. Noone can beat Hughes. He is a Machine, he has a great work ethic, and is a Cardio Freak!!! ONE MORE THING...if you watch the post fight interview with GSP...He's in the Hospital...he mentioned he was poked in the eye in the first round.
Matt ALSO gets it in the eye also from BJ...is that just a coincidance? I am sorry but Matt can not be beaten by BJ or GSP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Matt's an ass. He talks so much shit and then gets pissed when GSP says what we're all thinking. For George to say it you gotta know it's the truth, he's the most polite fighter I've ever heard. Did you hear Joe after the fight explain what George and Matt said after the camera was off? George said "sorry, I was just trying to sell fights, don't you want to sell fights?"

BJ did great and something happened at the end of round 2. Cardio and maybe something else to? BJ is a great fighter and it's just too bad. Matt just doesn't seem to know what to do if he can't get the guy down. He bores me. Time for someone new. When they get too cocky I just root for them to lose.:cheeky4:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Toni said:
Matt's an ass. He talks so much shit and then gets pissed when GSP says what we're all thinking. For George to say it you gotta know it's the truth, he's the most polite fighter I've ever heard. Did you hear Joe after the fight explain what George and Matt said after the camera was off? George said "sorry, I was just trying to sell fights, don't you want to sell fights?"

BJ did great and something happened at the end of round 2. Cardio and maybe something else to? BJ is a great fighter and it's just too bad. Matt just doesn't seem to know what to do if he can't get the guy down. He bores me. Time for someone new. When they get too cocky I just root for them to lose.:cheeky4:
How is Hughes being cocky? What he said was %100 true. BJ looked like a dead man standing. I think his coke wore off to be honest and the fact hes not in good shape. And although I figured GSP was trying to sell fights, I still think, and yes this is like the third time Ive said this tonite, Matt looked more impressive against Penn than GSP did. I dont know why everyone is on Matts ass so much. He gave BJ a beating. Some people are acting like BJ won the fight.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.